Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all your research @deeveedee. I indeed suspected that the PL limited are actually in the BIOS. I had no idea we could access them on the HP machines. The time limit for PL2 is also of interest there where it seems very short indicating also that it is likely that a higher rating power supply won't help much if any... But then as you noted we also run into temperature limits...

Well I received the 150W power supply today and am sorry to say that it is not providing anymore performance on the HP unlike the lenovo. @deeveedee 's findings on the BIOS is very likely the reason. The Geekbenck results are nearly identical to the 90W: ~1330 Single thread and ~7050 multithread.

PS: The multithread performance for this CPU is typically in the 7800-8500 range while the single thread is in line with other setups...

Last edited:
Everyone - there are recent posts that have been deleted, because apparently, they violated TonyMacx86 policy. One of these posts added information about the PL1 / PL2 limits and a potential way to increase these limits. I'm sorry that they are now gone from this thread and won't attempt to recreate them here. You can visit my HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini thread in InsanelyMac to see the content that was deleted here.

Last edited:
Moderators - thank you for deleting my request for help.
I too got kicked once for trying to help someone. My post did violate the rules (which I discovered only later), but there were zero warnings and it was a genuine attempt to contribute to the community.

I do feel that there could be better rules in place on this forum.

I do feel that there could be better rules in place on this forum.

There is even a rule for moaning about the rules :

The rules said:
Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted

@mamomamo The Amazon reviewer specifically mentioned starting with Catalina 10.15.4 (not a later version of macOS). I have no experience with this and am only reporting what I read.
Hello deveedee I wanted to update on the almost unusable bluetooth, I could not install Catalina, I downloaded it several times but always the same error that is the voice to continue with the installation did not appear but only to restart with the usb installer (perhaps the EFI is no longer good for Catalina?) However, I revised all the antenna contacts and they were all in place, I removed the antenna block from the PC case, I removed a gasket from the inside to make it come into contact with the metal also the internal part but imperceptible improvements, the one that instead made an acceptable improvement (I can not go further than 2 meters with bluetooth headphones) that allows me to take advantage of the bluetooth speaker and mouse without problems was the reset of the bluetooth module (I write this if it can be useful to someone) that I did not know it could be done and you get with Shift + Option + Click on the Bluetooth icon an extended menu appears where among others or options you can reset the module, honestly I can not explain why but it has improved so much that I can use the accessories without problems up to a couple of meters which is enough for me, a greeting and good day to all

I want to thank everyone for making this a great forum. This will be my last post on TonyMacX86. We all made a great team and produced a thread here that has served up 144,000 views at the time of this post. I hope that's an indication of how many it helped. Happy hacking everyone!

I have an Apple MacMini6,1. Is it possible to take the drive from that Apple Mac Mini and use it in an HP 800 G4 by simply replacing the existing Apple EFI folder with the OpenCore EFI tailored for the MacMini 8,1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back