Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NeoNero It might be worth noting for others who use your kext that you deleted the Type C USB2 port (HS10) to make room for the Bluetooth USB port (HS14). Others may choose to remove a different logical port. Nice work.

@NeoNero It might be worth noting for others who use your kext that you deleted the Type C USB2 port (HS10) to make room for the Bluetooth USB port (HS14). Others may choose to remove a different logical port. Nice work.
@deeveedee Thanks for your advice ;) The post is corrected.

Last edited:
CLOVER Specifics
  • I will not be posting a Clover-based solution for Big Sur. Open Core will be my only bootloader for Big Sur.
To switch from CLOVER to OC, do the following:
  1. Make a full system backup before you convert
  2. Open Hackintool and collect the following info (collecting this from your CLOVER config.plist is possible, too, if you can avoid the confusion of RtVariables.MLB and SMBIOS.BoardSerialNumber):
    1. Serial Number (this will be OC's PlatformInfo.Generic.SystemSerialNumber)
    2. System ID (this will be OC's PlatformInfo.Generic.SystemUUID)
    3. ROM (this will be OC's PlatformInfo.Generic.ROM)
    4. Board Serial Number (this will be OC's PlatformInfo.Generic.MLB)
  3. Follow this guide to remove the CLOVER stuff from your system: Converting from CLOVER to OC
  4. After you have completely removed the CLOVER EFI from your system, replace it with your OC EFI
  5. Populate your OC config.plist with the values you collected in Step 1
  6. Reboot (now with OC bootloader)
  7. Follow any prompts to allow extensions for apps that you've installed
I'm happy to report that I successfully migrated from Clover to OC using EFI for 0.6.9 that you have.
Works like a charm with G4 mini on Mojave 10.14.6. Geekbench scores slightly increased after.
One issue during first boot was OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation which was resolved per OC guide.
Thanks for your long lasting support @deeveedee

@deeveedee Thanks for your advice ;) The post is corrected.
Yeah! I have an USB-C to 4 USB-A 3.0 hub. So I removed only the logical 3.0 rear bottom USB-A, which I use with my keyboard ( which is also 2.0, so wouldn't be needing 3.0 anyway ). So it's a no compromise delete.

For some reason, SSDT-PPMC is missing from the OC 0.6.9 EFI that I attached to Post #1. The missing SSDT results in a very brief "Failed to find SSDT-PPMC" error reported by OC at boot, but other than that, it doesn't seem to affect anything. I will include this missing SSDT in my next EFI. If you want to "fix" your EFI before I post the update, copy the attached SSDT-PPMC.aml to your EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

Attachments

• SSDT-PPMC.aml.zip
    777 bytes · Views: 80
A new OC EFI OC0.6.9-EFI-r002 is now attached to Post #1. This new EFI includes the changes below. Since this revised EFI replaces OC0.6.9-EFI-r001 (which has been deleted from Post #1), the OC0.6.9-EFI-r001 changes are also listed below.

Before using this new EFI, edit config.plist to populate PlatformInfo > Generic > MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID with your own values. See full installation instructions here.

OC 0.6.9 EFI R002
config.plist
  • Remove: ACPI Patch _DSM->XDSM is unnecessary and is no longer included
ACPI
  • Restore missing SSDT-PPMC.aml (inadvertently deleted this when publishing 0C 0.6.9 EFI R001)

OC 0.6.9 R001
config.plist
  • Remove: ACPI > Patch no longer includes EC0->EC rename
  • New: ACPI > Add includes SSDT-EC to inject Fake EC
  • New: UEFI > Quirks > EnableVectorAcceleration (True)
  • New: UEFI > Quirks > ForgeUefiSupport (False)
  • New: UEFI > ReloadOptionRoms (False)
  • Change: UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays from String/"Auto" to Boolean/False
ACPI
  • New: SSDT-EC.aml to inject a Fake EC

Kexts
  • Update: IntelMausi.kext v1.0.5 -> v1.0.6
  • Update: VirtualSMC.kext v1.2.2 -> v1.2.3
  • Update: NVMeFix.kext v1.0.6 -> v1.0.7
  • Update: Lilu.kext v1.5.2 -> v1.5.3
  • Update: AppleALC.kext v1.5.9 -> v1.6.0

anyone also using the Intel wifi/bluetooth card? The wifi works great, but bluetooth works only if it's 6-12 inches close to the PC.
I thought it was a faulty wifi card, but with Windows it works normally, 10 meters or even more. It might be a IntelBluetooth problem tho. Unfortunately I can't really test since I sold my laptop.

I use Intel wi-fi M.2 card AX200 and all is ok Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

All work's fine now Bluetooth and WiFi 6 on my Intel AX200 M.2 Card. I only activate the USB port HS14 and Edit EFI/OC/Kexts/USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

I choose to delete the Type C USB2 port (HS10) to make room for the Bluetooth USB port (HS14).

For those that they have the same problem with Intel WIFI card, I share my USBPorts.kext to have active Bluetooth device in HP EliteDesk 800 G4 mini.
I'm trying to use your USBPort.kext and now the WiFi works out of the box, but the bluetooth isn't working at all.
I've got a Bcm94360Cs2 which works out of the box and I was previously using it with Clover. I'm thinking there might be something missing on my side on the aml(s)/ACPI. Did you change anything else?

No I change nothing. I use the EFI File made by deeveedee and I only made changes on the file usbports.kext
Try this file attached. In this file all the ports were present. You use an Intel M.2 WiFi card ?

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back