Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I'm currently using a G5 mini with 3 display port monitors and I'm experiencing some random black screens while using the computer. The only thing I changed from the config.plist was the display type to display port in the frame-buffer section, any suggestions? Mine has an i5-9500 (non T) if that helps.

Hello, i use this DeviceProperties connected with two DP 1920 x 1200 without Adapter and one HDMI 1920 x 1080 with DP/HDMI Adapter.

Attachments

• DeviceProperties.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 46
I wonder if these random black flashes of the screen are really due to a bad selection of the port (DP, HDMI ...) in FrameBuffer section or is it due to something else?

Hello! First of all, thank you deeveedee for your hard work making Mac work in our mini desktops!
I was hoping to get help, I was trying to install big sur last night using OC and the installer kept freezing. It reaches like 16 min remaining (log says extracting files) and it freezes, mouse and keyboard unresponsive.
The only changes made to the OC config from the first post (0.6.9 r002) were the addition of serial number, MLB and the others, and changes to DeviceProperties because I'm using DP connection. (platform-id, con0 type, con0 busId)

EDIT: Added sanitized EFI
Your graphics DeviceProperties include two connectors with busid = 0x02. Each connector must have a unique busid.

Code:
framebuffer-con0-busid  <02000000>
framebuffer-con1-busid  <02000000>

My opinion on the suggested cooling enhancments and settings tweaks: With the Mini series, HP has made conscious design tradeoffs between size and performance. For me, the decision to purchase an 800 G Mini was more about size while still getting great performance. For those who want better performance (especially when needing to run CPU-intensive applications for long periods of time), I'd suggest purchasing a PC with a larger case and a better cooling solution. If someone knows how to tweak CPU voltage on the 800 G Minis so we can experiment with undervolting our rigs, that would be interesting, too.

@cavesdev : Thanks ;)

For my 3 displays ports I use no adapters and I set in config.plist using an editor:

Index 1 ---> Type : DP the value is : 00040000 (in Framebuffer-con0-type) my monitor is connected in it.
Index 2 ---> Type : DP the value is : 00040000 (in Framebuffer-con1-type)
Index 3 ---> Type : HDMI the value is : 00080000 (in Framebuffer-con3-type)

And now it works and no blink black screen when I use Safari :)
Looks like you've figured out the correct framebuffer-conx-type values for your displays. Nice work. For index 3, was it Framebuffer-con3-type or Framebuffer-con2-type?

Hello guys, I'm currently using a G5 mini with 3 display port monitors and I'm experiencing some random black screens while using the computer. The only thing I changed from the config.plist was the display type to display port in the frame-buffer section, any suggestions? Mine has an i5-9500 (non T) if that helps.
I know the changes seem small, but please post your sanitized EFI with each help request.

hello all,

i think that iám the only one who used your SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml.

It works fine and i´ve got the same Speedstep as in WIN 10 (check it in Intel PowerGadget)

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "CpuPlug", 0x00003000)
{
    External (_SB_.PR00, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Method (_SB.PR00._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                         
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "plugin-type",
            Zero
        })
    }
}

Last edited:
All - @Carstimann is referring to this post. @Carstimann - you've done such a great job of selling this that I just switched to "plugin-type = 0" and am running with this now. As before, I am missing Energy Saver Preferences, but I don't mind.

@Carstimann and @rafale77 - are you noticing that your macOS boot times are longer with plugin-type=0? I haven't timed it, but it seems to me that macOS boots quicker with plugin-type=1.

@Carstimann and @rafale77 - I have reverted to plugin-type=1 after experiencing longer than normal macOS boot times. I'm not discouraging the use of plugin-type=0, but since my ACPI is the baseline for the EFIs that I post. I don't see the benefit of using plugin-type=0 and don't want to accidentally post a new EFI with plugin-type=0. Please continue to test with plugin-type=0 and let us know if you see any additional benefits.

Last edited:
Looks like you've figured out the correct framebuffer-conx-type values for your displays. Nice work. For index 3, was it Framebuffer-con3-type or Framebuffer-con2-type?
It was Framebuffer-con2-type ;) corrected on the post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back