Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet & Audio issues & Screen glitch (Sierra, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the config.plist from post 33 looks fine to run your nvidia card

you could try another cable and check about hdmi 2.0 as mentioned on the other page
I have tried again, and installed the two recommended kext's using kextbeast.
Does anyone have an idea on how to get my graphics card working? I've installed the driver, everything else works fine. However once I've booted and allowed verbose text to flow down the screen, signal is lost to the monitor.

I have tried again, and installed the two recommended kext's using kextbeast.
Does anyone have an idea on how to get my graphics card working? I've installed the driver, everything else works fine. However once I've booted and allowed verbose text to flow down the screen, signal is lost to the monitor.
Once again, check the settings on your monitor.
If they are set to HDMI 2.0 they will produce symptoms similar to those that you are experiencing.
HDMI 2.0 is not supported.

Once again, check the settings on your monitor.
If they are set to HDMI 2.0 they will produce symptoms similar to those that you are experiencing.
HDMI 2.0 is not supported.
My monitor is : LG29UM68

The settings on it are useless, there isn't anything stating which HDMI it is using. Do you suggest I wait until my DP cable arrives, and if I have issues with that, I then come back and consult?

Good to see you back

Do you suggest I wait until my DP cable arrives, and if I have issues with that, I then come back and consult?
I don't see any other avenues to explore at the moment.

I don't see any other avenues to explore at the moment.

Someone just had a similar problem in another thread, if your graphics card has more than one HDMI port then try another one.

Someone just had a similar problem in another thread, if your graphics card has more than one HDMI port then try another one.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll give it a go later today. If that doesn't work, I'll try my DP cable. Thanks for your help

Holy shite. THAT SOLVED IT!!! You are a genius, I'm over the moon!! Thank you so much man, sorry for being a complete idiot but you've just saved my hackintosh. THANK YOU!!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll give it a go later today. If that doesn't work, I'll try my DP cable. Thanks for your help
I found out that your GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Video Card has HDMI 2.0b output port and your LG29UM68 monitor has 1.4 HDMI ports x2.

HDMI 2.0b Specification is backwards compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI specification.[http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_0/]. If you don't have another Monitor with HDMI 2.0b port , as Moderator P1LGRIM said, you need a 1.4 HDMI cable to go from your Video card to Monitor.The Original HDMI cable that came with the Monitor should work. [Most monitors in the past 4 years or so usually come with HDMI cable and a VGA cable for that model]

Another possibility I could think of in your scenario, is while trying the various monitor controls, you could have accidentally hit the button that could have made the monitor to go into the VGA mode. In this case when the Computer starts and the BIOS /CLOVER Bootloader is looking for an HDMI Output port by cycling through VGA, Display port and HDMI, it does not find and the HDMI port and the Screen will first show No Display , No Signal or Cable Not connected and then turns dark!

Hope the uploaded images will be helpful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.40.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.40.54 AM.png
    497.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Joy stick control button of LG Monitor.png
    Joy stick control button of LG Monitor.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 76
  • HDMI Connection of AV Devices to LG Monitor .png
    HDMI Connection of AV Devices to LG Monitor .png
    81.1 KB · Views: 98
  • HDMI Ports of LG monitor.png
    HDMI Ports of LG monitor.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 106
  • User Settings of LG Monitor.png
    User Settings of LG Monitor.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 72
I found out that your GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Video Card has HDMI 2.0b output port and your LG29UM68 monitor has 1.4 HDMI ports x2.

HDMI 2.0b Specification is backwards compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI specification.[http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_0/]. If you don't have another Monitor with HDMI 2.0b port , as Moderator P1LGRIM said, you need a 1.4 HDMI cable to go from your Video card to Monitor.The Original HDMI cable that came with the Monitor should work. [Most monitors in the past 4 years or so usually come with HDMI cable and a VGA cable for that model]

Another possibility I could think of in your scenario, is while trying the various monitor controls, you could have accidentally hit the button that could have made the monitor to go into the VGA mode. In this case when the Computer starts and the BIOS /CLOVER Bootloader is looking for an HDMI Output port by cycling through VGA, Display port and HDMI, it does not find and the HDMI port and the Screen will first show No Display , No Signal or Cable Not connected and then turns dark!

Hope the uploaded images will be helpful.
Honestly, cmn699, you have been more than helpful! I really appreciate your images, and they've cleared up a lot regarding my monitor and my HDMI settings. I am now using a Display port cable to my monitor, which works perfectly, however should I wish to connect a second monitor, I will come back and check your images and advice!
I have one last question, at the moment my system boots in verbose mode, which slightly slows down my boot time. Is there anyway around this? Or will the system ultimately have to boot in verbose mode, not "single user" mode?

I have one last question, at the moment my system boots in verbose mode, which slightly slows down my boot time. Is there anyway around this? Or will the system ultimately have to boot in verbose mode, not "single user" mode?
It is just a selection in your config.plist :

verbose.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back