Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet & Audio issues & Screen glitch (Sierra, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-GAMING K3
CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm new to building Hackintosh PC's, and have just finished my first.
I have successfully installed Sierra on my PC, however my Ethernet and Audio do not work.

I've tried using Multibeast, but I don't really know what I'm doing, I have selected what I believe to be my needed drivers.
Do I just tick my options, install, and then restart? Apart from the Installation guide I'm stuck for information and help.

Now onto my last point, as I boot up, after I type in my password, there are bars displaying on my screen, which flow upwards, this also occurs when trying to open certain applications. (I have not injected any nvidia graphics card drivers etc.)

Thanks for reading, and hopefully I can get some help!

Adam.

My Build:
Mother Board - Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Processor - Intel Core i5-6500
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Ram - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (White)
SSD - Samsung Evo 850 1TB
PSU - Corsair CX550M

Hi guys,

I'm new to building Hackintosh PC's, and have just finished my first.
I have successfully installed Sierra on my PC, however my Ethernet and Audio do not work.

I've tried using Multibeast, but I don't really know what I'm doing, I have selected what I believe to be my needed drivers.
Do I just tick my options, install, and then restart? Apart from the Installation guide I'm stuck for information and help.

Now onto my last point, as I boot up, after I type in my password, there are bars displaying on my screen, which flow upwards, this also occurs when trying to open certain applications. (I have not injected any nvidia graphics card drivers etc.)

Thanks for reading, and hopefully I can get some help!

Adam.

My Build:
Mother Board - Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Processor - Intel Core i5-6500
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Ram - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (White)
SSD - Samsung Evo 850 1TB
PSU - Corsair CX550M

To make your above listed Hardware SPECS visible through out all the posts and for those who want to help you find them easily without having to scroll back to this initial post, you need to edit your "Personal Details" by clicking the "Human icon" on Top menu bar ( toward Right end) of the current Forum Page >"Personal Details" and type in or select your MoBo/CPU/Graphics in the appropriate boxes.
That will ensure those details to be displayed under your login name and Logo like you see with those who answer your questions.

• From your MoBo manual or SPECS you should find out what Audio and Ethernet drivers are used for Windows Ex:
    • Audio:Realtek® ALC1150 codec
    • Ethernet:Killer™ E2201 LAN
When you launch Multibeast 9.1.0 previously copied to your Unibeast Sierra Installer USB or got to the current System disk through other means, you can do the following
  • Click "Quick Start" and pick "UEFI" ( for your Board that is the usual Boot Mode) or "Legacy" if you had made the choice of Old BIOS Mode and saved (by F10) your BIOS choices that way. This will also help choose your CLOVER EFI Bootloader for you.
  • In the "Drivers" menu go to
    • Audio>
      • Realtek ALC xxxx and expand it clicking the Right arrowhead.
        • [√] ALC1150
      • Depending upon your Speaker may be optionally
        • [√] Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
  • In the "Network" menu> go to
    • Atheros
      • [√] AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0
  • In the USB menu if you want to:
    • [√] Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series
  • Bootloaders menu [Already chosen but just check]
  • Customize menu
    • Graphics Configuration :
      • [√] for your Graphics card
  • System Definitions go to
    • iMac expand by clicking arrowhead
      • [√]iMac 14,2
  • Click Build
  • Read Current Configuration and you can Save a Copy for future reference by selecting Save icon top of Right Pane
  • Go to "Select Install Drive"box on the RIGHT Pane and make sure your System Hard Disk is in the box or choose from drop-down
  • Make a final check of all your choices and then if all look OK, click "Install" button at the bottom of Right Pane
  • Wait until successfully installed.

To make your above listed Hardware SPECS visible through out all the posts and for those who want to help you find them easily without having to scroll back to this initial post, you need to edit your "Personal Details" by clicking the "Human icon" on Top menu bar ( toward Right end) of the current Forum Page >"Personal Details" and type in or select your MoBo/CPU/Graphics in the appropriate boxes.
That will ensure those details to be displayed under your login name and Logo like you see with those who answer your questions.

• From your MoBo manual or SPECS you should find out what Audio and Ethernet drivers are used for Windows Ex:
    • Audio:Realtek® ALC1150 codec
    • Ethernet:Killer™ E2201 LAN
When you launch Multibeast 9.1.0 previously copied to your Unibeast Sierra Installer USB or got to the current System disk through other means, you can do the following
  • Click "Quick Start" and pick "UEFI" ( for your Board that is the usual Boot Mode) or "Legacy" if you had made the choice of Old BIOS Mode and saved (by F10) your BIOS choices that way. This will also help choose your CLOVER EFI Bootloader for you.
  • In the "Drivers" menu go to
    • Audio>
      • Realtek ALC xxxx and expand it clicking the Right arrowhead.
        • [√] ALC1150
      • Depending upon your Speaker may be optionally
        • [√] Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
  • In the "Network" menu> go to
    • Atheros
      • [√] AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0
  • In the USB menu if you want to:
    • [√] Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series
  • Bootloaders menu [Already chosen but just check]
  • Customize menu
    • Graphics Configuration :
      • [√] for your Graphics card
  • System Definitions go to
    • iMac expand by clicking arrowhead
      • [√]iMac 14,2
  • Click Build
  • Read Current Configuration and you can Save a Copy for future reference by selecting Save icon top of Right Pane
  • Go to "Select Install Drive"box on the RIGHT Pane and make sure your System Hard Disk is in the box or choose from drop-down
  • Make a final check of all your choices and then if all look OK, click "Install" button at the bottom of Right Pane
  • Wait until successfully installed.
Thanks for your quick and helpful response, apologies for being so useless, you've already solved my audio issue. Hopefully once im connected to Ethernet, i can then update my OS to 12.4, which will enable me to install the new NVIDIA driver that released earlier this year. Cheers!

Thanks for your quick and helpful response, apologies for being so useless, you've already solved my audio issue. Hopefully once im connected to Ethernet, i can then update my OS to 12.4, which will enable me to install the new NVIDIA driver that released earlier this year. Cheers!

You provided your System SPECS in your post and explained your problem that was very clear to me to assist you. I did not have to mind read and make mistakes in my response. You did really well in my judgement.

The type of confusion you had expressed with regard to a less often used software is very common to everyone. Until we use them a few times , we feel like we are driving in a new city for the first time without a GPS Navigator!

Thank you for updating your Profile. Now your Hardware SPECs will stick with your post and we can easily find them on all your posts. :). Good luck with your Sierra Update and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti install .

You provided your System SPECS in your post and explained your problem that was very clear to me to assist you. I did not have to mind read and make mistakes in my response. You did really well in my judgement.

The type of confusion you had expressed with regard to a less often used software is very common to everyone. Until we use them a few times , we feel like we are driving in a new city for the first time without a GPS Navigator!

Thank you for updating your Profile. Now your Hardware SPECs will stick with your post and we can easily find them on all your posts. :). Good luck with your Sierra Update and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti install .

Hi again, I'm back already, seeking more help, if you don't mind.

I've updated my OS to 10.12.4 and have installed the Nvidia Web driver. I can then select to boot from the web driver from there, however, when I reboot my system, the OS X Default graphics override my GPU (1050 Ti), and I'm back at square one.

I've also installed NVIDIA's "CUDA", which is now also displaying that no GPU is detected.
I haven't run any code through the system, just plugged the GPU into the motherboard and PSU, and have a HDMI cable leading directly from it to my Screen. (So it appears to be transferring some data).

Bear in mind I am completely new to this, so I could've not plugged it in correctly (I noticed that the cable from my PSU had two connectors, one that I plugged in to the GPU itself, and the other Isn't plugged in at all, perhaps it needs to be plugged into the motherboard?)

Just trying to give you as much information as I have, so we can try and resolve this. Everything else is working perfectly, besides the GPU.

Look forward to hearing what you think,

Adam.

Hi again, I'm back already, seeking more help, if you don't mind.

I've updated my OS to 10.12.4 and have installed the Nvidia Web driver. I can then select to boot from the web driver from there, however, when I reboot my system, the OS X Default graphics override my GPU (1050 Ti), and I'm back at square one.

I've also installed NVIDIA's "CUDA", which is now also displaying that no GPU is detected.
I haven't run any code through the system, just plugged the GPU into the motherboard and PSU, and have a HDMI cable leading directly from it to my Screen. (So it appears to be transferring some data).

Bear in mind I am completely new to this, so I could've not plugged it in correctly (I noticed that the cable from my PSU had two connectors, one that I plugged in to the GPU itself, and the other Isn't plugged in at all, perhaps it needs to be plugged into the motherboard?)

Just trying to give you as much information as I have, so we can try and resolve this. Everything else is working perfectly, besides the GPU.

Look forward to hearing what you think,

Adam.

• In the BIOS Setup Screen >Peripherals > change the Initial Display Output 1 to PCIE Slot 1 where you should have installed your GA- GTX 1050 Ti card in PCIEX 16
  • Press F10 to Save and exit to reach Clover Boot Manager.
  • Please verify Options> ... Graphics Injector > to make sure Inject NVidia [√] NvidiaWeb [√] and in Boot Args : NO nv_disable =1 NO nvda_drv=1 [ Remove if nv_disable =1 or nvda_drv=1 are there]

See uploaded composite image of your Video card image as if viewed from the top and the opposite to the bracket fastened to the Computer case [ie toward the front of the computer] to show how the only 6 Pin PCIE power plug from the CPU can be inserted even if you have only a 6+2 pin connector coming from the PSU (will be usually marked PCIE on the Plug)

PS.

Power Connectors going Directly to MoBo:

• Main 20+4 Pin Power Connector.
  • 4 or 8 Pin 12 Volts CPU Power connector
  • CPU fan 3 or 4 pin Power connector
  • System Fan 3 or 4 Pin Power connector(s) depending up on the size of MoBo and the need for
Rest of the Cables coming from PSU are for HDDs, ODDs, Card Readers, Case Fans , other case Mods (The Bells and Whistles of enthusiasts to show off their cases :))

Attachments

• Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1061Ti card and PCIE Pwr from CPU.png
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1061Ti card and PCIE Pwr from CPU.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
  • In the BIOS Setup Screen >Peripherals > change the Initial Display Output 1 to PCIE Slot 1 where you should have installed your GA- GTX 1050 Ti card in PCIEX 16
  • Please verify Options> ... Graphics Injector > to make sure Inject NVidia [√] NvidiaWeb [√] and in Boot Args : NO nv_disable =1 NO nvda_drv=1 [ Remove if nv_disable =1 or nvda_drv=1 are there]

See uploaded composite image of your Video card image as if viewed from the top and the opposite to the bracket fastened to the Computer case [ie toward the front of the computer] to show how the only 6 Pin PCIE power plug from the CPU can be inserted even if you have only a 6+2 pin connector coming from the PSU (will be usually marked PCIE on the Plug)

PS.

• System Fan 3 or 4 Pin Power connector(s) depending up on the size of MoBo and the need for
Rest of the Cables coming from PSU are for HDDs, ODDs, Card Readers, Case Fans , other case Mods (The Bells and Whistles of enthusiasts to show off their cases :))
Thank you so much!!
Extremely helpful and I appreciate the time you've taken to help me out.
I'll be giving it all a go later so hopefully I can get this thing working!
Many thanks!

PS.

I've given it a go, still no luck.
The card is showing up in the clover boot options under GPU. But Mac OS isn't picking it up and the default OS driver keeps on overriding it and not recognising my options to save the NVIDIA Web Driver as my default.

Any idea where I should go from here? I've confirmed my GPU is plugged in correctly, its also showing up in peripherals. I don't know where to check for the code you listed, so perhaps I need to locate and delete it.

Multibeast does not allow the user to install both "inject NVIDIA" and the "Invidia Web driver boot flag".

Multibeast does not allow the user to install both "inject NVIDIA" and the "Invidia Web driver boot flag".
Inject Nvidia is wrong for your GTX 1050.

With a 100 series Gigabyte motherboard you should run the Clover Installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts :

RC.png

Inject Nvidia is wrong for your GTX 1050.

With a 100 series Gigabyte motherboard you should run the Clover Installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts :

View attachment 268340
Thanks, I've tried using clover installer, however when I go to drivers, all of the options are greyed out and have "Skip" under the "Action" column. It won't allow me to tick any of them?
Hold on, I've got it, now installing drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back