Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet & Audio issues & Screen glitch (Sierra, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised a moderator isn't more accepting of a new user who's just after help
if you plug your HDMI direct to your motherboard, you will have to undo the nvidia work that has been done and then injext Intel and you may need other settings in your config.plist depending on your intel graphics

if you plug your HDMI direct to your motherboard, you will have to undo the nvidia work that has been done and then injext Intel and you may need other settings in your config.plist depending on your intel graphics
Thank you.

Have you read this thread? I'm after some help, I've installed the driver for my card and everything I need, however when I boot up, the screen goes to black - there's no input.

P1lgrim was kind enough to make me a config.plist, but he's long gone now.

It boots in verbose by default, but as soon as the text stops rolling, there is no input to my monitor.

Thanks

Thank you.

Have you read this thread? I'm after some help, I've installed the driver for my card and everything I need, however when I boot up, the screen goes to black - there's no input.

P1lgrim was kind enough to make me a config.plist, but he's long gone now.

It boots in verbose by default, but as soon as the text stops rolling, there is no input to my monitor.

Thanks

the config.plist from post 33 looks fine to run your nvidia card

you could try another cable and check about hdmi 2.0 as mentioned on the other page

If I plug in my hdmi to the motherboard directly, would the graphics card still be decent? Or would that contradict the whole point of a graphics card?
  • The HDMI port on the Motherboard is for the Integrated Intel HD Graphics only.
  • For your PCIE Graphics Card, you need to use its ports depending up on the corresponding port on the Monitor where the cable end is connected.

the config.plist from post 33 looks fine to run your nvidia card

you could try another cable and check about hdmi 2.0 as mentioned on the other page
Great thanks for checking, I'm currently using a cheap poundland HDMI cable, so I'm hoping thats the issue.
I've got a display port cable coming tomorrow so I'll give it a go.
As the config is fine, do you think that the cable is the only possible issue? - I haven't installed any certain kexts etc. yet So if that display port cable doesn't work, I'll come back on here and hopefully we can sort this out!
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back