Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Shilohh,
I just built my Hackintosh based on your Build with the Black Edition Mother Board. Just tested everything in real live situation, and OMG it's so fast! I am very happy with the build. Thank you very much for it!

There are just a couple of small glitches I am having trouble with and was hoping you can give me some light:

1. Although I installed the MultiBeast Audio Kexts several times, I still don't get Internal Audio I/O. Currently I am using USB Audio Interface, but it is always good to have the extra Internal Audio I/O. I don't know of any solutions for that. Do you have any idea why it is like that?

2. The Bluetooth Kext for the Black Edition Integrated Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working on Yosemite. I bought the small USB Bluetooth Dongle that you recommend. However, although I plug it in, the computer can't still detect the Mouse and the Trackpad. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!!!

Any After Effects and/or Premiere Pro users here that have been able to get a Titan to work with OpenGL and Cuda properly? I heard that the new Nividia drivers for Yosemite might fix this but I'd like confirmation before I go to the trouble upgrading my OS.
Thanks!

Hello All,

So I recently got a system running pretty much perfectly using Clover EFI 3050, 10.10.1, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, 3930K, GTX670 & 2xATI 5870's

I updated my Nvidia Web Drivers to the latest offering, and upon reboot I am instantly greeted with this error message

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library]CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1Fl2)/SATA(1,FFFF)/HD(Part2,SigA
CE9B29F-8E03-41D7-9CA3-28C01B30A886
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
root device uuid is '94703CB3-64DF-3D3E-BCAD-7938A75A9D56'
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
Requested mem: 43B4000 - 167F5FFF, Pages 12442, Size 12442000
Relic block: 60CF0000 - 77126FFF, Pages 16437, Size 16437000
Relic block can handle me requests: 0 - 16436FFF
Exiting in 30 secs...
Error allocating 0x12442 pages at 0x000000000043b4000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting....

And then when I press a key, it goes back to clover boot screen

My current boot flags are :

npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=10 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

I have tried booting with various other flags, nvda_drv=0, nv_disable=1, WithKexts

I have tried booting Without Caches, single user mode, safe mode, everything. I can't get anything to boot

I CAN however, boot just fine into the Recovery Partition using my regular boot flags

So.. I need to figure out how to boot into my system, or how to remove Nvidia web drivers via Command Line in Recovery Mode, since I can't access single user mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello All,

So I recently got a system running pretty much perfectly using Clover EFI 3050, 10.10.1, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, 3930K, GTX670 & 2xATI 5870's

I updated my Nvidia Web Drivers to the latest offering, and upon reboot I am instantly greeted with this error message

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library]CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1Fl2)/SATA(1,FFFF)/HD(Part2,SigA
CE9B29F-8E03-41D7-9CA3-28C01B30A886
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
root device uuid is '94703CB3-64DF-3D3E-BCAD-7938A75A9D56'
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
Requested mem: 43B4000 - 167F5FFF, Pages 12442, Size 12442000
Relic block: 60CF0000 - 77126FFF, Pages 16437, Size 16437000
Relic block can handle me requests: 0 - 16436FFF
Exiting in 30 secs...
Error allocating 0x12442 pages at 0x000000000043b4000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting....

And then when I press a key, it goes back to clover boot screen

My current boot flags are :

npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=10 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

I have tried booting with various other flags, nvda_drv=0, nv_disable=1, WithKexts

I have tried booting Without Caches, single user mode, safe mode, everything. I can't get anything to boot

I CAN however, boot just fine into the Recovery Partition using my regular boot flags

So.. I need to figure out how to boot into my system, or how to remove Nvidia web drivers via Command Line in Recovery Mode, since I can't access single user mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey again,

After some more tinkering around, I think I solved my issue, and I wanted to post the solution here.

I took a look at the Clover3050 Install package and noticed that there was a OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi file as well, so grabbed a copy of that file, put it on a thumb drive, and was able to boot into Recovery Mode and use terminal to remove the original OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in /CLOVER/BOOT/drivers64UEFI/ and replace with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

It seemed to boot right after that. Nvidia preference pain shows the Original OS X drivers loaded, but looking in System Profiler/Extensions/ it shows that NVDAResmanWeb is loaded

Now mount the boot drives EFI partion and add the attached SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Then make sure inject nvidia is off or false.

Hi Shilohh,

I've replaced the SSDT-1.aml with the one you provided and then disabled the nvidia injection in the config.plist. It boots now without the nvidia injection. But in System Information it says NVDA,Display-D 128 MB under Graphics and it thinks that I have a two monitors connected for some reason even though I'm using only one. It thinks that the second monitor is Color LCD Display 640 x 480.

Any ideas why it's showing only 128 MB VRAM and why the second monitor is detected even though only one is connected?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Shilohh,

I've replaced the SSDT-1.aml with the one you provided and then disabled the nvidia injection in the config.plist. It boots now without the nvidia injection. But in System Information it says NVDA,Display-D 128 MB under Graphics and it thinks that I have a two monitors connected for some reason even though I'm using only one. It thinks that the second monitor is Color LCD Display 640 x 480.

Any ideas why it's showing only 128 MB VRAM and why the second monitor is detected even though only one is connected?

Thanks a lot!
Please post the ssdt-1 you are using and I'll look at it when I get home

To anyone having USB 3 issues,

Ive just started testing with RehabMan's branch of GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Results are good so far on my R4E. If you want to give it a try, delete the CalDigitFastIO.kext and the CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext from /S/L/E, if you're using them. Download and install using KextBeast.app.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

Thanks Shilohh that is exactly what i need!

hi

video card and mother board is really hard to find.

can i use [h=1]ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC)[/h]and

[h=1]ASUS Graphics Cards GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5?[/h]
if i do so, will they cause problems?

thank you so much.

Not for this particular guide (x79). Amazon still has some rampage black edition boards.

There at a couple of threads here where they have the x99 boards working but you won't have native speedstep and I'm pretty sure you'll have to use a patched kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back