Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
thank you for reply.

1. are you talking about this board:
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EATX DDR3 2133 Intel LGA 2011 Motherboard?
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Rampage-IV-Black-Motherboard/dp/B00GIZ3APS/

2. i am really new to this. is this gpu ok? ASUS Graphics Cards GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5
you mention if i use this one, "
[Until apple adds support for GK110b, you must install the Nvidia Web Driver or use the boot arg nv_disable=1 (Disables GPU Acceleration) to boot with a GK110b"
could you please specify the steps?

steps really matter to me.

thank you so much.

First of all, thank you so much for this post shilohh. I followed your build closely and had almost zero problems getting my hack up and running.

I want to point out that there was an issue creating the ssdt.aml file. The script would attempt to download iasl from github, but would not be able to. I went through the code and found a link to where the file should be. I had to download the RevBoot zip and then pull the iasl file out. Then, I used the terminal to copy it to /usr/local/bin/ Once that was accomplished, the ssdt.aml file compiled without issue. How can I get word to Piker-Alpha to let him or her know that the script needs an update?

This machine is a screamer. Thanks again for posting.

would u mind specifying the steps? i am going to do the same build as i am totally new to this

thanks so much

Hey Shilohh

IM back from my Travels and such. Any thoughts on why im only showing 32 GB of Ram even tho 64 is installed?? All 8 Sticks work and have been tested. I also Tried different Software that only detect 32GB as well. So it not an OS thing. Let me know if you have any Suggestions.

Hey Shilohh

IM back from my Travels and such. Any thoughts on why im only showing 32 GB of Ram even tho 64 is installed?? All 8 Sticks work and have been tested. I also Tried different Software that only detect 32GB as well. So it not an OS thing. Let me know if you have any Suggestions.
I'm really not sure. I haven't seen the issue as I've never built a system w more than 32gb. You might try starting a thread to see if anyone else out there has run into the issue.

Hi Shilohh,

I'm having CPU Fan Speed Error showing when I boot. I have to press F1 and enter the BIOS

I made all of the changes in the original post, and I also changed the setting for Chassis Fan 2 and 3 Low Limit from 600 to 200RPM

I also changed the CPU Fan Profile from Turbo to Standard. Sometimes I can kind of hear the fan inside fluttering as well. What do you think could be the problem?

@lovelybrown,
You should verify that the CPU fan is working properly. It could be failing especially if it's making noise it didn't use to make. You could disable this warning in the fan control section of the bios but I think having this protection in place is a good idea

This is my first hackintosh install and I just followed this guide and everything for the most part installs without fail. :D I had a lot of issues with other clover guides which I assume would be due different parts.

I'm still trying to configure the audio and make iTunes and quicktime play audio/video. :thumbdown:vI can hit play but the video doesn't do anything/no sound either, but I should be able to resolve that in the next few days.:thumbup:

Another Issue Sorry Shilohh.

When Installing my Red Rocket (its a GPU like Card but only used for Transcoding Red Footage. a "Debayer Card"). When The Card is Installed I get to the Apple Screen as usual, but then my Display turns off. So I feel like the Hack is confused as to which Card to use ? Ive Tried GraphicsEnabler=No and -v -x

Just wondering if you had any input on the situation.

Oh I also Tried using 4 other lanes.

Try deleting the dsdt, install the card in the slot you want to keep it in, and make a new dsdt. Installing or moving pci hardware may require you to update your dsdt.

Try deleting the dsdt, install the card in the slot you want to keep it in, and make a new dsdt. Installing or moving pci hardware may require you to update your dsdt.

I Removed DSDT then Installed the Card. But got the Same Result. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back