Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, apologies to everyone that I have been very busy and haven't had much time to spend here.

@disocoman,
Here's what I know:
R4E has only asmedia 1042 USB 3 ports. R4 Black Edition has 6 asmedia 1074 ports and 2 1042 ports.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext broke again in yosemite. I went back to mlydinesh's cal digit kexts which have always worked but are only for asm1042 USB3 (R4 black edition only has 2 1042 ports and the rest are asm1074). You can try the latest version of the GenericUSBXHCI kext to see if your 1074 ports will work. Look in /system/library/extensions for the Calgdigit kexts. If they are there, delete them and install the latests version of GenericUSBXHCI and reboot. Conversely you could use your 2 1042 ports with the CalDigit kexts. Look in S/L/E for GenericUSBXHCI.kext and delete if present. Install the CalDigits and reboot.

Again, apologies to everyone that I have been very busy and haven't had much time to spend here.

@disocoman,
Here's what I know:
R4E has only asmedia 1042 USB 3 ports. R4 Black Edition has 6 asmedia 1074 ports and 2 1042 ports.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext broke again in yosemite. I went back to mlydinesh's cal digit kexts which have always worked but are only for asm1042 USB3 (R4 black edition only has 2 1042 ports and the rest are asm1074). You can try the latest version of the GenericUSBXHCI kext to see if your 1074 ports will work. Look in /system/library/extensions for the Calgdigit kexts. If they are there, delete them and install the latests version of GenericUSBXHCI and reboot. Conversely you could use your 2 1042 ports with the CalDigit kexts. Look in S/L/E for GenericUSBXHCI.kext and delete if present. Install the CalDigits and reboot.

Where would a Rampage Gene owner find out what type of USB ports are present?

@Turbineseaplane
I'm pretty sure that you have 1042 as the gene and extreme came out at the same time. The R4BE got an additional 1074 chip because it came out later.

You can usually find more in depth chip and accessory information from the over clocker and gaming site's reviews

@Turbineseaplane
I'm pretty sure that you have 1042 as the gene and extreme came out at the same time. The R4BE got an additional 1074 chip because it came out later.

You can usually find more in depth chip and accessory information from the over clocker and gaming site's reviews

So you said you went "back to Cal Digit" ?
Is that a MultiBeast option or something we should grab elsewhere?

Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 2.17.18 AM.png

[FONT=&amp]Asus Rampage 4 Extreme Black Edition
i7 4930K - Non Overclock / Ram 32Gb / Nvidia GTX Titan x 4ea / Samsung SSD 840 PRO
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
*USB 3.0 - OK / ALC 1150 Sound - OK / SATA 3G 6G - All OK / WiFi - OK / Bluetooth - Not Loaded

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*CUDA - OK / OpenCL - OK / Davinci Resolve Lite 11 - O.K / Cinema 4D - OK / Octane Render With CUDA - OK

*Nvidia GTX Titan - PCIe 3.0 x16, x8, x8, x8

See My 64bit Geekbench....(Not OverClocked)
It is Normal? I think it's slow.
So What is Check Point?[/FONT]

@eye1mac,
That score seems a little low but not that much for 64bit non-overclocked. I think mine was about 20-21k with my ram at 2133 before OCing the CPU.

@turbine,
The CalDigit kexts can be found in older multibeast versions and were used right before the GenericUSBXHCI one.

@shilohh

Thanks so much for getting back to me, even though your busy!

I tried what you said with the GenericUSBHXCI.Kext, i tracked down the latest version and installed it with kextbeast. At first it appeared to be working, and then it ejected, like it has been doing. So I went the Caldigit method, and it is working fine so far. Will let you know if anything changes! Thanks!

Two USB 3 is better than none :)

Interesting side note. I tested this with Black Magic Disk Speed Test, and it said I was only getting about 36Mbps. But I transferred a 9GB file, and clocked it at about 600Mbps I am gonna try some other apps and see if they are having the same disconnect with reality as blackmagic is.

NVM I am definately getting USB 2.0 speeds out of these jacks using the Caldigit Kexts.

After much avail, no success, I am currently running the latest GenericUSBXHCI kext. Strange thing, I am noticing that the problem doesn't happen with exfat formatted drives? Any guesses at why?

@shilohh

Do you think this could be a problem with the DSDT?

or do you think there is a possibility that ASmedia updated the firmware in the 1074 which is causing the changes zenith made to glitch?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/page-22

Thanks!
Not a dsdt problem.

The CalDigit kexts are known to report USB 2 speeds in system profiler but actually deliver USB 3 speeds.

I was playing with trying to get newer CalDigit drivers to load and figured out that the asmedia USB 3 on my board get their device properties from the firmware on the chip and will always override anything you try to inject via acpi tables (dsdt/ssdt). Zeniths driver has always been buggy with my board excep in 10.9. When 10.10 was released it kernel panicked my system AGAIN. He released a fixed for 10.10 version and even though it doesn't KP my system anymore, it is unacceptably buggy for my use. From what I've read zenith won't be giving much of his attention to the generic kext anymore so hopefully someone else will step in and continue where he left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back