Contribute
Register
I gave up on the whole generated ROM and MLB thing. Now I am using values from my MacBook Pro. Bummer it has come to this and all the other tools stopped working. I will obviously periodically check back here to see how everyone's progress is coming along

Hey guys!

So, I'm new here & I made my first hackintosh a few weeks ago and am loving it.

I knew iMessage wasn't working and decided it was still worth it to buy/build the computer. I'd like iMessage but it isn't THAT important to me to risk a reinstall (it was a bitch in the first place).

With that said, I want to try my hand at getting it working. I've tried fishing through this post to figure out how you guys are getting it to work, but I need some guidance. Are there any articles anyone recommends me to look at, or any comments describing how someone has gotten it to work for them?

Hey guys!

So, I'm new here & I made my first hackintosh a few weeks ago and am loving it.

I knew iMessage wasn't working and decided it was still worth it to buy/build the computer. I'd like iMessage but it isn't THAT important to me to risk a reinstall (it was a bitch in the first place).

With that said, I want to try my hand at getting it working. I've tried fishing through this post to figure out how you guys are getting it to work, but I need some guidance. Are there any articles anyone recommends me to look at, or any comments describing how someone has gotten it to work for them?

Post #3453 has a link to a generator that worked for me. Called Apple with the customer code from iMessage and it is now working.

Hi, what do you advice me for yosemite to use? Clover o Chameleon?

I have a iMac 2009 electrocuted :( I can't use it so I'm just asking, it's possibile to use my serialnumber of this my iMac broken on my hackintosh?

I am having the craziest day. I configured my hackintosh with clover configurator and was able to get the call customer service notification. Imagine how excited I was. To my surprise I called apple and they were more than happy to help. They reset the the information on their end but my iMessage continues to give the same contact customer service popup. Anyone ever have this issue?

In hind sight I'm thinking I went wrong by using my Ethernet (en01) Mac address as my rom because I do not have Ethernet connection. My hackintosh is only connected by wifi. So I'm thinking maybe I should of used my wifi Mac address for the rom. Does this make sense to anyone?? please help

My answer is always move to clover. This is just one of the many benefits to clover. I loved Chimera, but updating was less than ideal.

That's what I did now. It was quite a pain in the ass to get it installed on my fusion drive (I think that's because of my legacy mainboard, should be easier on an UEFI one), but now everything is running as it's supposed to. Configuration was a lot easier than expected, heard a lot of bad things, but that wasn't a problem.
For my S/N I used Clovers "magic wand" to my best knowledge to generate a valid number (the auto-generated S/N was already assigned to a real Mac as selfsolve.apple.com told me!). For the ROM I used my en0 MAC Adress and for the MLB a generated one from that MLBGenerator. I called Apple and they removed the lock, so iMessage is now working fine again!
I'll keep having an eye on this thread for better methods to generate MLB/ROM, but for now I'll stick with my values.

In hind sight I'm thinking I went wrong by using my Ethernet (en01) Mac address as my rom because I do not have Ethernet connection. My hackintosh is only connected by wifi. So I'm thinking maybe I should of used my wifi Mac address for the rom. Does this make sense to anyone?? please help
I don't think so. I'm also using wifi (through a USB dongle), and my en0 (why are you saying en01? typo? Normally it should be named en0...) MAC address as ROM works...

@toppatop55,

As long as the MLB your using is valid and passes Apple authentication using a NIC MAC Address for the ROM value should work fine, read Part-1,Step-5d of the guide - ultimately it just needs to be unique so should work even if you use a MAC address from another computer, it does not matter if its a WiFi or Ethernet MAC ... it just needs to be 6 unique bytes.

From what you have written it sounds like your MLB is failing validation ....

Cheers
Jay

I knew iMessage wasn't working and decided it was still worth it to buy/build the computer. I'd like iMessa I've tried fishing through this post to figure out how you guys are getting it to work, but I need some guidance. Are there any articles anyone recommends me to look at, or any comments describing how someone has gotten it to work for them?

@Diminuco,

Have you actually read the guide at the start of this thread (Posts #1 & 2) if you want to learn then read the whole guide as there are many factors that can effect iMessage.

I know the guide may seem daunting given the size it is and unfortunately the News sections 'hides' the beginning of the actual guide. I'm working on a reformatted and indexed version of the guide that i hope to have on-line in a few weeks.

Cheers
Jay

I don't understand why I/we can't talk about clone ID from my broken iMac to my Hackintosh. It's a broken machine, it's useless... It's better to use his value on my Hackintosh... It's possible?
I've read in the main post that Apple blocked who use this cloned value but I think that this is caused by using the same value at the same time with two machine... Maybe if the iMac is broken...

I don't understand why I/we can't talk about clone ID from my broken iMac to my Hackintosh. It's a broken machine, it's useless... It's better to use his value on my Hackintosh... It's possible?
I've read in the main post that Apple blocked who use this cloned value but I think that this is caused by using the same value at the same time with two machine... Maybe if the iMac is broken...

Pretty sure its Only if you don't own the Mac are you unable to post

Back