Contribute
Register
For Jay,
This is what worked for me,i don't have a real mlb/rom everything is generated with clover.
I was using Yosemite 10.0.1 and i logged off iCloud by a mistake and i was getting the new code :http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=115825&d=1417106725

Then i tried chameleon bootloader and i was able to loggin FaceTime only but no imessage.
I installed Mavericks from scratch and again i had the same code starting with 1234.... then i used imessage_debbug and saw MLB was 17 digits and changed with 13 digits, i had a new code for imessage starting with 921.... not 1234,i called them and unblock my imessage,now everything works.
I think the problem is with Yosemite 10.0.0.1 or the 17 digits that gives the new code 1234....

Attachments

• appleid-cant-be-used.jpg
    appleid-cant-be-used.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 192
hello jaymonkey
a question, could not create a script or check values iMessageDebug
if not right do not allow internet connection until cleared.
Thank you very much.

@All,

No fix or solution yet but have updated the the start of the guide with news of this recent issue confirming it based on my own findings in my environment ... not much that hasn't really already been posted, but summarises all of my observations so far.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Apart from the system that i've been experimenting with iMessage continues work ok on my other systems that i have not logged out of .... for now ....

Cheers
Jay

Thanks man, really appreciate the update and efforts.

Hi guys, I'm trying to use MLB and ROM of my friends Macbook2,1. I'm ONLY doing this because she will never ever use it online or sign in with any apple-id. Now I want to inject her MLB and ROM value. I've inserted them into the recommended field of the CloverConfigurator but I have TROUBLE WITH THE ROM VALUE I've deleted the last 12 digits of my SMUUID and put her ROM value there. Then I rebooted and ran the iMessage debug - but it reports a different ROM value. I do not want to post them here for security issues. Now here's the question. CLOVER is said to calculate my ROM value from my SMUUID. How can I insert a ROM value which I don't want to have recalculated but exactly like I want it to be. CloverConfigurator's RtVariable page does no good either. I put her ROM value into the ROM field but it comes out with the "wrong" recalculated ROM value further down as well. Do you know what to do?

to jbamford

"yeah I've been using the MLB and ROM from her iMac which she doesn't use with the same Serial Number and Board serial number logged me straight in been like it since 10.9.1 but now i keep getting error occurred during activation on iMessage and iCloud and app stor error occurred it just won't work but the weird thing is if i use Mavericks with Filenvram.dylib it works just not in Yosemite. I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a mac tbh"

"well what I'm going to do is I'm going to ring my sister up tonight and get her to turn it on and get her to log into iMessage on that iMac 14,2 only reason why i don't want it is because its a core i5 lol but I'm wondering if its the boot loader itself Clover is messed up because iMessage and FaceTime works straight away with mavericks using chameleon boot loader with FileNVRAM.dylib"

Have you tried to completely sign out of all thing Apple and then delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist and then reboot and then try to sign in again?

Attachments

• Delete this and reboot.jpg
    Delete this and reboot.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 130
Thanks man, really appreciate the update and efforts.

@johnap987 and All,

I'll keep updating the News item in the main guide as i continue to find out more, please check it every few days for updates ....

I installed Mavericks from scratch and again i had the same code starting with 1234.... then i used imessage_debbug and saw MLB was 17 digits and changed with 13 digits, i had a new code for imessage starting with 921.... not 1234,i called them and unblock my imessage,now everything works.
I think the problem is with Yosemite 10.0.0.1 or the 17 digits that gives the new code 1234....

@mattystonnie,

I really don't understand these reports of using a 13 digit MLB .... ?
To me it makes no sense .. but your not the first to report this so definitely interesting and thanks for posting.

Changing your MLB to anything else will cause the Customer Code to be different so i don't think the two are connected .. but the fact that a 13 Digit MLB seems to pass validation is a mystery ... can you log out and log back in again ?

Please confirm system type (eg iMac 14,2)

Cheers
Jay

because I've got a time machine back up with mavericks before i updated to Yosemite i can restore back to Mavericks install the boot loader and keep the same SMBIOS as I've always used with the MLB and ROM and serial number my iMessage works fine but soon as i update to Yosemite thats when i get kicked out how ever note i am using Chameleon 2300 with FileNVRAM.dylib migrate to Clover keeping the same settings such as Serial number and MLB and ROM i get kicked out

Back