Contribute
Register
Good evening guys, I'm also one of the unlucky guys who phoned apple, was told that my ban was lifted and their system would now say "registration may proceed" - but I can't log in. I'm confronted with the same code and the message to call applecare. I've only just "upgraded" to Clover. I've used Chimera with a very default smbios before. Since I switched to Clover, I have a valid, yet unregistered OS X S/N and a newly generated SMUUID, ROM and MLB. I had already considered changing these three values when I read about all people having trouble with their ban liftings. Now a friend of mine owns an old Macbook 2,1 (white plastic). I can't use her S/N of course, since it would not fit my MacbookAir5,2 smbios... This friend doesn't have her Macbook connected to the internet and will never be using it for iMessage or so. I'm free to use her serialnumbers. Now would you suggest importing SMUUID and MLB keeping my valid/unregistered OS X S/N?

I'm using valid MLB and ROM from my Macbook Air

I've kept everything else unchanged on my Hackintosh, i.e an unregistered serial number (NOT my Macbook Air serial number) and everything continues to work well so far.

I wonder if the whitelist only consists of genuine Apple MLB and ROMs because that's the only genuine info injected in my Hackintosh.

I haven't logged out of iMessage and don't intend to...

Like lots of people, mine logged out a couple of days ago and now I get the contact Apple message.

I've used the ROM and MLB from my genuine 2011 MBP and both now work simultaneously. I don't think Apple will ban genuine serials if used on the same Apple ID, but we'll see. It's fun living dangerously :D

yeah I've been using the MLB and ROM from her iMac which she doesn't use with the same Serial Number and Board serial number logged me straight in been like it since 10.9.1 but now i keep getting error occurred during activation on iMessage and iCloud and app stor error occurred it just won't work but the weird thing is if i use Mavericks with Filenvram.dylib it works just not in Yosemite. I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a mac tbh

I had the same issue as you. Turns out that my smbios under clover wasn't complete; I had a bad smuuid (filled with 0's), no mlb and no rom. In mavericks, I was getting the contact apple code (which is a step up from the "an error occurred, try again"). So definitely check out your clover to make sure everything looks good. If you have all the info set up, and everything is set up for imessage, you should stop getting "an error occurred, try again", and should get the contact apple customer code. Now, if you're like the rest of us, contacting apple will do nothing. At least for me, using a valid MLB and ROM (and everything else, even the generated smuuid and other serials, stays), your imessage should work. But yeah, from my experience, the "error occurred try again" is a step behind the customer code error, and signals that something is missing from your config that is preventing you from even getting the customer code.

I have an older (I think 2011) Mac Pro at work (running 10.10.1). I use iMessage on this machine at whilst at work and it's all fine. Would it be fine to use the MLB and ROM from this on my machine at home.

They're similarish specs to my home Hackintosh Pro execpt my current system definition is an iMac 13,1. Would tthis need to be changed to an Mac Pro? As my Hackintosh Pro has an iMac Clover generated SN.

I had the same issue as you. Turns out that my smbios under clover wasn't complete; I had a bad smuuid (filled with 0's), no mlb and no rom. In mavericks, I was getting the contact apple code (which is a step up from the "an error occurred, try again"). So definitely check out your clover to make sure everything looks good. If you have all the info set up, and everything is set up for imessage, you should stop getting "an error occurred, try again", and should get the contact apple customer code. Now, if you're like the rest of us, contacting apple will do nothing. At least for me, using a valid MLB and ROM (and everything else, even the generated smuuid and other serials, stays), your imessage should work. But yeah, from my experience, the "error occurred try again" is a step behind the customer code error, and signals that something is missing from your config that is preventing you from even getting the customer code.

@jbamford

I too reported earlier in the day that I was getting "an error occurred". Could not log into imessage/facetime/icloud or appstore. This is a fresh build. I had all proper values in smbios and rtvalues. For the heck of it, i change from macmini5,1 to imac12,1. Machine didnt boot, but made me go back and rebuild smbios again for macmini5,1. Gen'd a new serial, but used 2011 instead of 2012 for date, new SMUUID with uuidgen, MLB is new serial + 5 alphas, ROM is last 12 of SMUUID.

Rebooted. Immediately went to icloud and logged in. it started refreshing everything, as it was doing Notes, it failed. But it didnt log me out. I started imessage. No longer getting an error occurred, but am getting the "Call Imessage Support". Definitely going the right direction.

Next went to appstore. Downloaded an app. Went back to Icloud and checked "Notes". It sync'd.

I'm not fixed yet, but it looks like rebuilding the plist with new serial number from 2011, and new uuidgen got rid of icloud and appstore failures, and got the "Call Imessage support" with the code. Not ready to call yet as it doesnt appear thats got a solution so far.

My 2 cents. Thanks carltom46. That made me redo my plist info with clover configurator. I had proper stuff there before, but redoing it got me to the "getting the customer code" message. To me, it indicates we can still get appstore and Icloud with Gen'd serials/ROM/MLB's.

BTW - This is a Mavericks build, not Yosemite.

mavericks is fine for me everything works even iMessage it logs me straight in with mavericks on everything such as iMessage etc its just Yosemite but i may use a time machine back up and revert to mavericks

Yes it will work,use the MLB and ROM from that Mac Pro,if it didnt work use the same serial number also.

I would advise strongly against cloning MLB and ROM - This is the reason why we are having this problem with the iMessage Service, you stand a very good chance of having your account blacklisted by Apple for the duplication, just wait for a more agreeable solution to the problem. PEOPLE PLEASE STOP ADVISING OTHERS TO CLONE, you are not helping but causing a much bigger problem to what we already have.

I can get a macbook 2007 running Leopard for 100 €

If I use the SMUUID (generated with uuidgen) and the SN of my current plist but use the MLB value of this macbook (ROM should stay the same as it is the mac address of my ethernet, no?) will it do the trick?

I can get a macbook 2007 running Leopard for 100 €

If I use the SMUUID (generated with uuidgen) and the SN of my current plist but use the MLB value of this macbook (ROM should stay the same as it is the mac address of my ethernet, no?) will it do the trick?

Again this is Cloning - Please think about it, how long do you think the Apple Servers will take before it picks up on the the mis-match and put a block on your account or even your Mac-Address - believe me its not that hard. The new security measures that Apple has in place is to stop exactly this. We are already in the grey area, as far as apple is concern, trying to mimic a mac pc let it stop there instead of acting like a bunch of mercenaries with all the talk of cloning - DONT - you are making matters worst for the rest of us please wait, there others here working to find a more agreeable viable work-around to solve the problem.

Back