Contribute
Register
most peoples iMessage and FaceTime isn't working no more its not just iMessage and FaceTime that isn't working its my iCloud and app store that isn't working for me neither its all logged me out and when i try to log back in it keeps coming up with an error occurred etc its all broken its down to apples end they have changed things there end but its not just my iMessage and FaceTime that isn't affected its app store and iCloud so yeah its all broken
Are you sure your ethernet is seen as en0? I've had the same issue some days ago with a Clean install of yosemite before realizing that I was trying to log iCloud and Applestore via wifi and that my ethernet was en1. Solved the issue I was able to log both iCloud and Applestore.

yeah my ethernet is set to en0 and my wifi is set to en1 nothing will work since iMessage knocked me out

I'm curious about using serials and IDs from old Macs.

I have an old Macbook that I can't update past 10.7. Could I use the serial from that? Or would that break everything since it can't be updated past 10.7? Like break Yosemite updates, FaceTime, etc.?

All,

Hope my experience might help. I did clean install with Clover and managed to get iMessage working approx 2 weeks ago. Three days ago I logged out and couldn't log back in, get the call Apple message. I spend ages on the phone with Apple and despite them resetting, no good.

I was encouraged reading JBamford's (and others) reports that using MLB and ROM from genuine Mac got them back in and tonight I did same, entering a genuine MLB and ROM into SMBIOS in Clover. I restarted and straight away I can log into iMessage and FaceTime, both working. I then came to this thread to post my news and see JBamford locked out again (sorry to hear dude!)

My question is: I have only changed the MLB and the ROM in SMBIOS and iMessage/Facetime is working as I type, should I enter the other info I have from the genuine iMessage debug e.g. serial number, SMUUID etc or should I leave as is? Concerned that although working tonight I may suffer same fate as JB.

If I can provide any other info in search for longer term solution, let me know what you want.

@Azimuth1,

That does seem to be the way things are looking ... but i'm trying to identify exactly whats going on .... not sure if its a case of a global white list for OSX S/N, MLB & ROM or if new verification/syntax/miss-match checking against ID's ... obviously the later would be preferable as we then have a chance.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay, for all what you're doing !:clap:

if you need more log data or anything else, please feel free to pm me ... till Friday, day when the AppleCare is supposed to give me an answer, my hack is at your disposal, and so it's my MBP if you need a "positive" comparison against the same ID ...

Anyway what I've noticed from the IM dump app is that 1 of the last 4 rows are the culprit. They change when IM is not working. More often it's the 3rd raw ...

yeah u see I've thought about using the MLB and ROM from my macbook only problem is that I'm worried my macbook might get blacklisted thats the only thing I'm worried about

yeah u see I've thought about using the MLB and ROM from my macbook only problem is that I'm worried my macbook might get blacklisted thats the only thing I'm worried about

You used MLB and ROM from your sisters Mac right? Interesting to find out if you can log in to iMessage on that machine now?

yeah I've been using the MLB and ROM from her iMac which she doesn't use with the same Serial Number and Board serial number logged me straight in been like it since 10.9.1 but now i keep getting error occurred during activation on iMessage and iCloud and app stor error occurred it just won't work but the weird thing is if i use Mavericks with Filenvram.dylib it works just not in Yosemite. I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a mac tbh

I was interested to know if you tried logging in to iMessage on your sisters Mac, would it let you in?

I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a mac tbh

Now where's the challenge in that? ;)

well what I'm going to do is I'm going to ring my sister up tonight and get her to turn it on and get her to log into iMessage on that iMac 14,2 only reason why i don't want it is because its a core i5 lol but I'm wondering if its the boot loader itself Clover is messed up because iMessage and FaceTime works straight away with mavericks using chameleon boot loader with FileNVRAM.dylib

Back