Contribute
Register
Interesting development today. All of my contacts showed up red today and in my preferences iMessage was not enabled. I clicked on the preferences and the customer code came up again. Called Apple and they resolved it again, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one with that experience?

imessage-debug shows everything set correctly.

Jeff

@elgipsy,

If you getting the iMessage alert to contact Apple with a customer code then thats what needs to be done. Before contacting Apple, check your SM UUID Value (see part-2 of the guide) then run iMessage Debug and check all your IDs (S/N, MLB, ROM) - see part 1, step 5d. Reboot and check again if all the values are the same then go ahead and contact Apple to remove the lock-out. If values are not persistent then use the guide to resolve the issue(s) then contact Apple.

As explained in the guide and over the last few pages, if you get this message there is nothing you can do locally (other than to change all id's and create a new AppleID) the issues is at Apples end.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

I am not sure what you mean about sm-uuid value check but I looked in my Extra folder and the NVRAM.plist looks the same as it as always been ( never suffered from Sid Bug)

in regards to the iMessage debug all the values in the generated file remain the same after a reboot.

Is it safe for me to contact Apple? btw my Hack is built around an MSI Z87 MPower Max

Thanks a lot for the support

I looked in my Extra folder and the NVRAM.plist looks the same as it as always been ( never suffered from Sid Bug) in regards to the iMessage debug all the values in the generated file remain the same after a reboot.

Is it safe for me to contact Apple? btw my Hack is built around an MSI Z87 MPower Max

@elgipsy,

Yup, if your ID & UUID values are persistent then all is well, go a-head and give Apple a call and get them to remove the lockout on your AppleID, check Step 8 in Part-2 for advice or take a look at the feedback over the last 6 pages or so of users who have already and successfully contacted Apple.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

I am getting the "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." This has only just come up on my Hackintosh. Facetime is also not working. It initially looks like it will sign in but then comes up with the following message, "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later." iCloud logs in perfectly.

I can log into everything on my Hackbook, iPad and iPhone.

I have gone through all the steps in the iMessage post. It really is driving me insane.

This has only happened in the last two weeks. Prior to that it worked perfectly. Only thing I can thing of is I now use a VPN, with my DD-WRT running OpenVPN. However all my other devices sign it perfectly.

Any advice?
Many thanks!

Hi I'm getting to call Apple support , i have an activation code for iMessage. What may i do??

Thanks!!

@avtor,

Are you using Mac Pro 3,1 ? as a system type, seems this causes a 11 character S/N rather then 12. My main build uses GA-Z77X-UD5H which is almost the same as your mobo except for Thunderbolt. I use iMac 13,1 and all works well for me. maybe you could try that ?

Cheers
Jay

My system is also using Mac Pro 3,1 and has the 11 character S/N.... but I have no issues running iMessage.

I am getting the "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." This has only just come up on my Hackintosh. Facetime is also not working. It initially looks like it will sign in but then comes up with the following message, "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later." iCloud logs in perfectly.

I can log into everything on my Hackbook, iPad and iPhone.

I have gone through all the steps in the iMessage post. It really is driving me insane.

This has only happened in the last two weeks. Prior to that it worked perfectly. Only thing I can thing of is I now use a VPN, with my DD-WRT running OpenVPN. However all my other devices sign it perfectly.

Any advice?
Many thanks!

@e-hawk1 - you are having the exact same symptoms as I had been. Take a look at my post on page 116. I am up and running now without issues. Here is a link to my post

Also - be sure to read the OP in it's entirety (no seriously, grab a frosty beverage and have a seat). It took me a few times going through it until I felt like I really had a grasp of what all the variables may be on this topic. I only link you to my steps because you describe the EXACT same symptoms as me (though this does not necessarily mean its the same issues causing them). Like jaymonkey keeps saying - read the OP, understand the OP then (and only then) use the OP like a toolbox, not like stepwise, turn-by-turn directions

Good luck :thumbup:

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=xxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=xxxxxx
+ password change.

My ROM= was "00000000..."

I appreciate all the help! Ended up with 40 minutes on apple care's phone. 38 minutes of hold. Super nice, easy. Just verified my apple Id, serial numbers and security questions.

Ok,

I just had Apple on the phone regarding the block for imessage and facetime

the operator asked for:

Mac Serial number: I told the operator that I was not in front of my Mac

she proceeded by asking

name
surname
Apple ID

then she asked for the 3 answers to the questions I chose when I first registerd my Apple ID.... boy this was in 2009, I couldn't remember all of them and only guessed one out of the three but she of course did not tell me which one

then she proceeded by asking me the first 6 digits of my credit card, the last four ones and the validity date of the said card.

Finally she asked for the mighty code which I gave.

She then said that she had some doubt and needed to double check something so she put me on hold for a minute and finally proceeded by removing the block.

I am not home to test but will report back when I am in front of my Hack.

Is there a way to retrieve the secret questions/answers used when setting up my ID?

Back