Contribute
Register
@Jay I got blocked again. There must be something else wrong. Could you please update the guide taking into account imessage_debug and its output as a check?
For example, I get:

while my chameleon.plist is:

Code:
        <key>SMsystemuuid</key>
        <string>xxx-8004-bd05-4006-e40700080009</string>
(the serial is matching in chameleon.org).

Could you spot any issue? I don't want to call Apple unless we find the problem that breaks the association every few weeks. It cannot be Apple itself.

Thanks

@rad-we,

Which Boot-loader are you using ?, if Chimera 3.0 or later then you must inject SM UUID via SMBIOS and not chameleon.plist ?

I will be adding imessage_debug to the guide real soon, clearly your ROM value has not taken.

Which motherboard / Bios do you have ?

Cheers
Jay

I had iMessage fixed for a short time, and now I am back to the red text saying that my contacts aren't registered. I think I know the problem.

Whenever I restart, a second nvram.uuid.plist file is created. I delete it and empty the trash, and when I restart, the file is there again. Is there any way to stop the second nvram.uuid.plist file from being created?

@rad-we,

Which Boot-loader are you using ?, if Chimera 3.0 or later then you must inject SM UUID via SMBIOS and not chameleon.plist ?

I will be adding imessage_debug to the guide real soon, clearly your ROM value has not taken.

Which motherboard / Bios do you have ?

I use Chimera 3.0 or later and I inject the value from smbios.plist, maybe I wrote the wrong filename here.
Here the files:

chameleon.plist
Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1200x32"</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string> nvda_drv=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

smbios.plist:
Code:
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>02/29/08</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Mac Pro</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro3,1</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>CKxxxxxMXYL</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
	<key>SMsystemuuid</key>

I have Gigabyte Z87MX with latest official BIOS: F6
I have a Xeon and therefore no integrated GFX.

Thanks

I have a standard install of mavericks using the install guide from tonymacx86. With the latest multibeast drivers & Chimera.

I have tried many of the solutions on this thread to get imessage to work. They haven’t worked for me.
I found this solution on youtube and I now have a working imessage. I thought I would pass along this gentlemen's fix. Sorry If this has been posted before, I didn't remember coming across it. Also I have only had a Customac for a little over a year so I am a novice, so if this video is something I should NOT have done please tell me.

Hope this helps! =)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78mW8umj38

My System:

Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7 – 3770k
Graphics Card – GeForce GTX 660 Ti – 3GB
RAM – DDR3 - 16 GB – Corsair
Storage – Samsung SSD – 840 EVO – 250GB (x2)
Storage – WD - 1TB

OSX – Mavericks 10.9.4 & Windows 8.1

I have tried many of the solutions on this thread to get imessage to work. They haven’t worked for me. I found this solution on youtube and I now have a working imessage. I thought I would pass along this gentlemen's fix. Sorry If this has been posted before, I didn't remember coming across it. Also I have only had a Customac for a little over a year so I am a novice, so if this video is something I should NOT have done please tell me.

@AcidBurn003,

Nothing in the video that you should not be doing, however everything in the video (check NIC BSD names and eth0 built in) are covered in Part-1, Step 2 of the guide in much more detail so maybe you missed that bit ?. please note that BSD name can be eth0, eth1 or eth2 depending on how many NIC's you have. what is important is that they start at 0 and are sequential with no gaps, read the guide for more information.

Either way glad things are working for you.

Cheers
Jay

I use Chimera 3.0 or later and I inject the value from smbios.plist, maybe I wrote the wrong filename here.

smbios.plist:
Code:
    <key>SMsystemuuid</key>

I have Gigabyte Z87MX with latest official BIOS: F6
I have a Xeon and therefore no integrated GFX.

Thanks

@rad-we,

No problem, but you did say that you injected sm uuid through the chameleon plist, however looking at your code you have it in SMBIOS which is correct for Chimera 3.0 and later.

The UUID your injecting does not look like a fully unique one, the sequence at the end of the string 0700080009 looks like part of a short BIOS SM UUID which gigabyte boards sometimes have.

You could try generating a new unique SM UUID using the command line utility, the other thing I would offer is that for Gigabyte Z87 you could try using the iMAC 13,1 SM profile which i use for all my Z87/H87 based systems, please note that the first 2 characters of S/N will change. Since some software stores its license info against the systems S/N you may need to enter your license info again, but it only effects a very small percentage of software.

Just follow all of Step 7 in part 2 of the guide and select SM Profile iMac 13,1 when you reach sub-step 8 (Chameleon Wizard) before generating new S/N.

Make sure you've got a good backup before you start, just in case, I found my systems to be much more stable using iMac 13,1 on Z/H 87 Based systems and iMessage works perfect on all of them .....

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

What OSX version is your macmini ?, its possible that its not compatible with your OSX version, iMessage_debug is a console foundation app that is compiled with the libraries from the IOKit.Framework, its possible that the the version of OSX you are running on your macmini will not support the pre-compiled version, if you continue to have issues download the source and compile using xcode on your minimac.

Cheers
Jay

Good Luck
Jay

Hello...
Do you happen to know can i download the source?

Hello...
Do you happen to know can i download the source?

Source code attached, not sure how current this version is as i grabbed it off a thread on the 'insanelymac' forum some time ago (sorry i don't have a link). The code is fairly straight forward but there are no comments and many NVRAM entries seem to be hard coded ?

Obviously I take no credit for the code nor the outcome if you decide to use it.
Will need linking and compiling ....

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• checkMessages.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 151
@elgipsy,

No need to generate a new S/N & SM UUID on a re-install of OSX, after running Mulibeast just replace the contents of the /Extra folder with the relevant files form the backup you made (Multibeast automatically generates the /Extra folder and a random S/N if you use a 'Easy Start' option), since your backup of '/Extra' will have the same SM UUID injection and S/N values iMessage should still work so no risk of a lock-out on your AppleID.

Cheers
Jay

Amazing, Thanks!

@rad-we,

No problem, but you did say that you injected sm uuid through the chameleon plist, however looking at your code you have it in SMBIOS which is correct for Chimera 3.0 and later.

The UUID your injecting does not look like a fully unique one, the sequence at the end of the string 0700080009 looks like part of a short BIOS SM UUID which gigabyte boards sometimes have.

You could try generating a new unique SM UUID using the command line utility, the other thing I would offer is that for Gigabyte Z87 you could try using the iMAC 13,1 SM profile which i use for all my Z87/H87 based systems, please note that the first 2 characters of S/N will change. Since some software stores its license info against the systems S/N you may need to enter your license info again, but it only effects a very small percentage of software.

Just follow all of Step 7 in part 2 of the guide and select SM Profile iMac 13,1 when you reach sub-step 8 (Chameleon Wizard) before generating new S/N.

Make sure you've got a good backup before you start, just in case, I found my systems to be much more stable using iMac 13,1 on Z/H 87 Based systems and iMessage works perfect on all of them .....

Hi @Jay,
I changed my SM UUID and all the checks you listed at the end of the guide are satisfied.
Now my imessage_debug is:

Code:
2014-07-26 11:36:01.876 imessage_debug[517:507] Gq3489ugfi: <xxx 8a70ef8c dbbde188 9ebcd062 88>
imessage_debug[517:507] Fyp98tpgj: <xxx 13ff8b89 6b646e8a a1b794d3 83>
imessage_debug[517:507] kbjfrfpoJU: <xxx 2ad0f8d2 24d36746 60ff517b 52>
imessage_debug[517:507] IOPlatformSerialNumber: CKxxxXYL
imessage_debug[517:507] IOPlatformUUID: xxx-344F-5FC2-842B-C562B8A4449A
imessage_debug[517:507] board-id: Mac-F42C88C8
imessage_debug[517:507] product-name: MacPro3,1
imessage_debug[517:507] xxx-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <00000000 00000000 00000000 00>
imessage_debug[517:507] xxx-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: CKxxxUXYL4Q803
imessage_debug[517:507] oycqAZloTNDm: <xxx 9614c2e6 7bda55f1 90187be5 d4>
imessage_debug[517:507] abKPld1EcMni: <xxx 328db95d 0728be55 9915351a 4a>

and you can see I have the values I injected, but the ROM is still empty.
Is this ok?

Concerning iMac13,1 vs MacPro3,1, could you explain better? I get about a random freeze a week. What are the advantages of iMac?

Back