Contribute
Register
Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 12.11.28 PM.pngI've tried this fix a couple of times, to no avail. I have the latest FileNVRAM, but I don't have a file called nvram.uuid.plist in my /Extra folder. This is driving me crazy!

I've tried this fix a couple of times, to no avail. I have the latest FileNVRAM, but I don't have a file called nvram.uuid.plist in my /Extra folder. This is driving me crazy!

@Hondamaker,

You must make sure that the boot-loader is on the active OSX startup drive and that you boot from that drive, the /Extra folder must be accessible at all times, if you use Raid or install Boot-loader to EFI partition it will not work (see work arounds in part-1 of the guide)

Many times people install OSX on a secondary drive but boot from a primary drive into windows, this will also not work. The drive that is booted by the bios must have the boot-loader and /extra folder.

If you boot using a USB stick it will not work.

All the above is the usual cause of failure to generate the nvram.uuid.plist, please note that 'uuid' in the filename should be the same as your SM UUID which is either generated by your BIOS or manually injected via SMBIOS.plist or org.chameleon.boot.plist, see part two of the guide (SID fix).

Cheers
Jay

FIINALLY!

After redoing the steps countless times, doing a fresh reinstall and repeating the steps several more times, I read through the bit about what to do if it's still not working one more time and decided to try changing my password as a last effort before giving up (again), and success! It worked!

Thank you for all of your guides, couldn't have this great computer working without them!

View attachment 98609I've tried this fix a couple of times, to no avail. I have the latest FileNVRAM, but I don't have a file called nvram.uuid.plist in my /Extra folder. This is driving me crazy!
my problem is the same as him..im using clover..:cry::cry:
Code:
MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
ROM value = UEZdNpmp
SmUUID value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

its blocked now, i don't know how many user already used it, xixixi, for me its done now, at least i can see if it will get blocked if so many user using it, so if you have real mac you can use that value, by running iMessage_debug

its blocked now, i don't know how many user already used it, xixixi, for me its done now, at least i can see if it will get blocked if so many user using it, so if you have real mac you can use that value, by running iMessage_debug

@heryts,

Sorry to read that, but i cant say i'm surprised, using someone else's MLB,ROM & UUID values will always carry this danger, however I still think your method has merit, certainly for those users who have a real MAC and a Hack which is having iMessage problems this could be a great solution, but keep the values to yourself.

Have you tired using your method to inject Unique values rather than cloned ones ?

The iMessage debug tool you posted is extremely useful and i would like to include it in the guide as a method of checking that the injected values have 'taken', did you write the tool ?, and if so will it be ok to include in the guide ?

Cheers
Jay

@heryts,

Sorry to read that, but i cant say i'm surprised, using someone else's MLB,ROM & UUID values will always carry this danger, however I still think your method has merit, certainly for those users who have a real MAC and a Hack which is having iMessage problems this could be a great solution, but keep the values to yourself.

Have you tired using your method to inject Unique values rather than cloned ones ?

The iMessage debug tool you posted is extremely useful and i would like to include it in the guide as a method of checking that the injected values have 'taken', did you write the tool ?, and if so will it be ok to include in the guide ?

Cheers
Jay

don't worry, i did contact apple support to activate it and my system is working again, it just with different value, i can share if anyone needed, iMessage_debug is not mine, i just found on google, but sorry i can't remember it where it come from and who create it

in my opinion there are only 3 ways we can get iMessage working
1. We need apple id with valid payment information such as credit card then we spend some money on it to buy some application, music or movie via apple store or iTunes store
2. We can contact apple care to activate it.
3. We can take MLB, ROM and if any SMUUID value from real mac or working system (from iMessage_debug of course)

so my conclusion is how many times we generate new smuuid, mlb and maybe rom, i guess it will always end up with contact apple care, unless
1. we have such apple id as above or
2. accidentally we get new random value that match with real mac

and the real problem is when we can't get MLB and ROM at all or any value which is failed on iMessage_debug, it will give activation error on iMessage

Hi,

I have activated iMessage twice already due to format, I was about to do it again and I read this in the guide at the be inning of this thread:

Important: Try to keep the number of times you change the OSX S/N to an absolute minimum as Apple will detect the change against your devices UUID, the S/N is only allowed to be changed a certain number of times before Apple will block your device's UUID against your AppleID (SeePart-2 of the guide for more details on this, you can override your SystemId (UUID) by means of the SId Bug fix).

Is there a way I can keep the OSX S/N that is assigned when I build which I could copy and paste on new install so that each install looks like it has been done on the same machine? Also, when Yosemite comes out and I will install it through Unibeast/Multibeast will the S/N remain the same or will it change again? how to prevent this? I would hate to be on a black list :(

Thanks!

Back