Contribute
Register
Ok so by just manually editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist or the smbios.plist does not call for any type of permissions repair or cache rebuild with Kext wizard?
Is iMessage working for you ?
If yes then stop spamming this thread with questions about a KextWizard

Is iMessage working for you ?
If yes then stop spamming this thread with questions about a KextWizard

Yes its working and this thread helped me a lot. And i apologize if im spamming. Just trying to get some help while the help is present. Thank you for helping, and a big thanks to @3square for giving me the proper formula for the iMessage fix :clap:.

Ok so by just manually editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist or the smbios.plist does not call for any type of permissions repair or cache rebuild with Kext wizard?

that still counts, as you are making changes to the files in extra. only time where you don't need to do so are edits made through chameleon wizard.

Hey,

so I did boot from unibeast but the OSX 10.9 installer and thru terminal put the file back that I thought was messed but it still doesn't boot. Any idea? I did learn terminal, which is nice.

I was was using the iCloud fix from here http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P

Dang..

thanks for the help.

Miles

Hey,

so I did boot from unibeast but the OSX 10.9 installer and thru terminal put the file back that I thought was messed but it still doesn't boot. Any idea? I did learn terminal, which is nice.

I was was using the iCloud fix from here http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P

Dang..

thanks for the help.

Miles

Sorry but I'am not familiar with the above file, so can't really know whats going on. If you are suffering from continuing iMessage issues then I would suggest going back to a 'Vanilla' OSX Install and work though the guide from the Start, it should resolve all issues with iCloud & AppStore .. etc, not just iMessage.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the guide. Now iMessages really work in my hackintosh system finally.
In fact this is the last thing that makes my system become completely MAC!

Editing smbios with Chameleon Wizard (using available preset) is the solution for my case.

Previously I have tried the following:
• Fixing network sequence (Ethernet -> En0 ...)
• Adding FileNVRAM.dylib in \Extra\Modules folder

Not using RAID, so the its not my problem I believe.
Apple ID has been verified long ago.. so I didn't even try to re-verify.
Not even tried to change the password as I don't want to change password in other apple devices. Too complicated for me erasing/replacing the password in my memory (in my head). :D

So, after walking through the guides and patiently trying, finally it works. To be honest, I'm not sure if the smbios edit that causing it works, but I guess because all of those mentioned previously above has been done too instead.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge!
-----
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H / Core i5 4670

Thanks very much! This guid helped me fix Server 3.1.1 Caching issue with OS X 10.9.2 on a "Mac Pro".

Thanks to @jaymonkey for the excellent guide, imessage is now working on my build.

We tried to follow the instructions in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 and it appears we have somehow really managed to mess things up. I'm not sure what the problem is but would appreciate any help. Basically, we have tried just about all the different suggestions here and nothing has worked. But we decided to specifically follow the advice in this post and that's where thing really took a turn for the worse.

What happened was that we tried to follow the instructions under "How to Fix the SId Bug", Path A. We followed all the steps there (1 & 2 from under Path A and then continued on with 3-8 which are shown under Path B, be we assumed they applied to both). The first problem came at step 8 when we tried to reboot using the -f boot flag. When the white screen with the gray apple came up it printed a bunch of white text in black bars and then stopped cold.

So we tried rebooting and got the same thing. Tried again using safe mode and it let us in, so we went into Disk Utility and fixed permissions (it didn't find anything other than a couple Safari-related files) so we rebooted and this time it came up, but a lot of things just did not work right. The biggest problem was that in Mail and Messages it would not accept the password for any Google-related accounts. These had worked fine before but now it would not accept them. It appeared that several other programs had lost their preferences also. We tried the usual fixes such as deleting the existing Google keys in Keychain Access, but it did not help, for some reason Gmail and Messages just would not play nice with Google.

So… at this point we decided that Mail and Messages were more important than getting iMessage to work, so we went into Time Machine and simply restored the Extras folder from few hours earlier, before we'd changed anything. We also restored an earlier version of the keychain file (can't recall the filename offhand) and just to be safe (I thought) we also restored an earlier version of the user /Library/Preferences directory. That turned out later to be somewhat of a mistake (apparently Time Machine doesn't fully save everything in Preferences, or maybe I should have just gone back a few hours earlier), but that was not the real problem.

We then rebooted, hoping that everything would come back as it had been before we started all this, and it did except that some apps were missing their preferences - not a real big deal but it meant we had to go back further to get a good preference file for one of the apps (iTerm). And since Mavericks caches preference files, unlike earlier versions, we had to reboot it to get the restored iTerm preference file to be recognized. So this was the second reboot since we had restored the Extras directory from time machine and this is where the trouble really started.

Every time we attempted a normal reboot. it got to the white screen with the gray apple and again printed a bunch of white text in black bars and then stopped cold. But this time the last line said something about an invalid Systen ID and it printed what appeared to be the system ID we had entered in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, but that was no longer in that file, since we had restored the entire Extras directory, including that file. We could do a safe boot using -x and that worked, but the minute we tried a normal boot it would go right back to white text in black bars.

Finally in desperation my son, who was helping me and who by now was getting pretty frustrated (we both were, actually), tried booting with the -v option. For whatever reason that actually worked, and that is how I am using the system now, but now I am afraid to reboot it, for fear I'll be right back at the same problem. On the plus side, Mail and Messages work just as they always had now.

My question is, if the lines:

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>********-****-****-****-************</string> (but with an actual System ID there)

(Above EDITED to fix a bad copy-paste of the wrong information)

are no longer in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (and they aren't, I just checked again) then where is the system picking up that System ID string during the boot process? And is there any way I can make sure it is changed back to whatever it was before we started all this, or alternately, to one that won't cause the system to fail to boot properly? I'd really like to get the original back if it's stored in Time Machine somewhere because I know that one didn't cause us any problems, but I have no idea what filename it's stored in.

Beyond that, neither one of us can figure out why other people can follow your instructions and it all works, but when we try, things break. But right now I will be happy if the system will just do a normal reboot again.

Back