Contribute
Register
Your .plist id does not match your profiler id.. copy the profiler id u have top left and paste it into ur .plist.

hmm.. you are right.. mine has changed as well.. but iMessage works. And leave it like that for now. You have a different problem.. you are not able to log properly into iMessage at all.
Try change you Apple-ID password, log into iCloud again after reboot, then try log into iMessage again.

I have to do that everytime I switch ethernet adapter before I am able to log properly into iMessage again.

Sweet, yes.. I am sure this will work for others as well when its the "not a registed iMessage" user problem.

Please correct you post on previous page where you say this isnt working.. people get the wrong idea:)

Now all I need to settle down is to know why the id gets changed automaticly.

Im happy to help see if there is indeed a bug but I got no idea what you written in that post to find out :D

@Wolfie81

It might be useful to know what the BIOS has passed as a seed UUID to OSX on systems that have been effected by this latest iMessage issue.

make sure that you do not have SystemId being defined in your chameleon.plist and reboot (might need cold boot ?)

open ioregistryexplorer and check the following location :-

IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id

Screen-Shot-2014-04-14-at-14.18.42.pngOn all my systems there are 16 x 16 bit values all different

Theory:-

If this location contains all zeros then setting SystemId in the chameleon.plist fixes your issue.

If this location already contains 16 seemingly random numbers then setting SystemId does not fix your iMessage problem, in which case we've only solved half the puzzle ?

Would like feedback on the above to prove or disprove.

If it is still not working, try the following:-

@All

To those of you that it hasn't worked for :-

• Please ensure that the key value you set in your plist is called "SystemId" not "SystemID" or other permutation.
  • Use a random UUID as the value for SystemId not one of your existing UUID's, this will ensure that the newly generated platformUUID will be unique.
  • Delete the existing nvram.xxxxx.plist in /Extra.
  • make sure you have FileNVRAM version 1.1.2 installed
  • Reboot and try again
If iMessage is working for you now ... does the value in the IOReg at location :-

IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id -> (see above post to @wolfie81)

.... match the value you set the key "SystemId" in the chameleon.plist ?

• The platform UUID and hardware UUID should always be the same
  • SystemId should always be unique and will always be different to the platform & hardware UUID

Cheers
Jay

My sum up:

Names:
PlatformUUID is read from "ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID"
Hardware-UUID is read from system profiler
SystemId is to be set in /Extra/com.chameleon.Boot.plist

1)
PlatformUUID equals Hardware-UUID but they're NOT the same as SystemId. Somehow they change after you set a new SystemId, so I'd guess they're being generated newly from SystemId.

2)
When I delete the SystemId key and nvram.XXXX.plist file, then doing a reboot and after that, adding back SystemId with nvram.XXXX.plist (the Xs) as the ID, PlatformUUID and Hardware-UUID stay the same ones they were, when I did NOT have any SystemId set in com.chameleon.Boot.plist. So my guess: The SystemId is already set somewhere and adding it to com.chameleon.Boot.plist makes an override. Besides that, the ID in nvram.XXXX.plist ALWAYS STAY THE SAME no matter which SystemId you enter into com.chameleon.Boot.plist

3)
If changing SystemId does not help, changing iCloud password (on http://appleid.apple.com) might. In my case that did the trick!

I tried about every possible solution I could find in and outside this topic and still no luck. The closest I can come to logging in is signing with my ID as @icloud.com instead of gmail, I get in, but it throws me back out after 3 seconds and I again get the activation error.

I became so desperate that I went to troll myself and called apple support. I BSed my way through and wanted to make them do the activation for me, but they told me its an issue with either my connection or computer and wanted me to reset the mac with them HAHA. Then I said I have class and have to go. The dude was nice though.

I tried about every possible solution I could find in and outside this topic and still no luck. The closest I can come to logging in is signing with my ID as @icloud.com instead of gmail, I get in, but it throws me back out after 3 seconds and I again get the activation error.

I became so desperate that I went to troll myself and called apple support. I BSed my way through and wanted to make them do the activation for me, but they told me its an issue with either my connection or computer and wanted me to reset the mac with them HAHA. Then I said I have class and have to go. The dude was nice though.

@killjoy

I think the activation error is different from the SID Bug, although possibly caused by the same UUID miss match check on Apples servers .

As long as you have at least one legit apple device registered against the Apple ID your using with iMessage then it looks like Apple customer support will reset the UUID activation for you despite having a hackingtosh not real mac as reported in posts #233 & #237 ?

I cant confirm this myself but the feedback from both those posts looks promising ?

Cheers
Jay

Thank you very much!

iMessage WORKS!!

For a quick guide until JayMonkey updates post and for other users its a easy fix.

1. Open your system profiler. Go to Apple symbol top left corner - about this mac/more info/system report.
In hardware (first line on left column) there is 'Hardware UUID' with 5 blocks of text separated by a dashed line. Copy that somewhere or take note of it.

2. Open your org.chameleon.boot.plist and add at bottom of the key and string texts enter the following into the file with the appropriate UUID number as seen below.

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>INSERT UUID number here</string>

</dict>
</plist>

3. Save file, and reboot.

Upon reboot you will be immediately promoted to enter your iCloud, Mail accounts, cloud accounts, FaceTime, iMessage passwords and possibly some others.

Do so and then enjoy.

Followed Post #349 - I have GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K, I relogged into everything and it seems to be working! Thanks!

Back