Contribute
Register
thanks, just try it. not working either.

i create a random UUID from the link, use that as my systemId in chameleon plist. reboot, my hardware/platform ID still unchanged.

Damn it .... we getting close though, it works for some and not others.

I'm not sure if its relevant but i found the seed value of SystemId in the registry at the following location:-

IODeviceTree: / efi / platform -> system-id (bottom of R/H panel)

If this is the BIOS supplied SystemId ? (i'm not sure at this stage) then I can confirm that it is different to the OSX hardware and platform UUID

Proving that hardware UUID and SystemId will always be different.

According the BIOS standards specs the SystemId can be used by a OS to generate a UUID....

16 x 16 bit values (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)

I'm guessing that these will be all '00' on systems/bios that have the SID Bug ?
you'll need to remove SystemId in chameleon.plist to be able to check if you've already tried the fix ... :rolleyes:

Feedback needed to confirm SID Bug ?

Important Note: be sure of the correct casing of SystemId when adding it to your chameleon.plist, the string key definition in the source code of the trunk build of chameleon is SystemId :-

Code:
#define kSystemID [COLOR=#0000ff][B]"SystemId"[/B][/COLOR]  /* fake_efi.c ​*/
Cheers
Jay

Looks ok. Can you post the output when you run
Code:
sudo nvram -xp

- - - Updated - - -

Don't post it as it contains sensitive info

i can't PM as of yet, low post count per forum rule. .... lol what now haha.

How to Fix iMessage - WORKS FOR ME !!

Edit Chameleon.plist to match the Hardware UID and we are all set - WAY TO GO GUYS !!!

Didn't have to do anything else than this..

Not working
Tryid with both Hardware-uuid from system profiler and a random created
:problem:
When using a random after reboot the Hardware-uuid in system profiler is not changed to match the random created

Update
Made a fresh install and did as Jaymonkey wrote in post#383

"Please ensure that the key value you set in your plist is called "SystemId" not "SystemID" or other permutation.

Use a random UUID as the value for SystemId not one of your existing UUID's, this will ensure that the newly generated platformUUID will be unique.

Delete the existing nvram.xxxxx.plist in /Extra.

make sure you have FileNVRAM version 1.1.2 installed

Reboot and try again"

And that worked
:thumbup:

Edit Chameleon.plist to match the Hardware UID and we are all set - WAY TO GO GUYS !!!

Didn't have to do anything else than this..

You are a hero, that actually work!

Can confirm that working.. and I have a clean install and switched back and forth between a working and non-working ethernet adapter many times for testing.

This solved the number not registered for iMessage on the RTL8169 PCI card that stopped working 4´th April.

After putting the ID in .plist and rebooting my computer asked me for my apple-id password right after reboot and I knew something had changed.
After that I started messages and I was able to send messages again.

Thanks!

Not working here (since last week). --> SEE "EDIT" DOWN BELOW

First I got the PlatformUUID from "ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID"
It was the same ID which is in System profiler (Hardware UUID).

I added the
<key>SystemId</key>
<string>blablablamyID</string>
into /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Then rebooted.
iCloud and several mail accounts asked me to enter password.

Now: PlatformUUID == Hardware-UUID != SystemId
Screenshot:
http://prntscr.com/39v6i9

iMessage is NOT working again of course.

My hardware: ASUS P8Z77-i + i5-3570k
FileNVRAM.dylib is version 1.1.2

EDIT: Like Klorin wrote, I had to change my password on "http://appleid.apple.com", reboot and then login to iCloud (and iMessage) again and everything works. Not sure if I'd have to do the SystemId stuff before...

@Cyb3rfr3ak

Are u able to log into iMessage and everything is working apart from "the recipiant is not registered for iMessage" error or are u not able to log in at all?

This solves the not registered for iMessage error, if you are not able to log properly into iMessage you have other problems.

Back