Contribute
Register
Ethernet : 90:2b:34....

Wi-Fi: c8:bc:c8:....

it seems odd to me also that only iMessage is affected, if Apple wanted to shut things down they would go after the other functions as well, iCloud, App store, etc. Those all work fine. Sure hope we can find a fix. I might use that as an excuse to move up my next build :)

I also have a HP Probook 6470b (OS X 10.9.2) with a a rebranded BCM94322HM8L and iMessage stopped working on that at the same time as on my UP5-TH :!:

Adding my information here.

Actually, I've been seeing this issue happening before April 9th. But back then it was on-off. Some day it will work and some days it wont (for like two weeks before the 9th).

Since Last week, my contacts has been constantly red. Tried almost everything (going back to a different FileNVRAM.dylib, rewriting the plist generated, remove all of iMessage history, ...).

No luck.

My system is bases on a GA-X79-UD5 with the on-board disabled and an NC360T installed and injected as en0 & en1.
I have 2 iPhones and an iPad connected to the same Apple ID. My account region is United States.

Facetime works perfectly (as in almost all the other people systems) - it's just the iMessage which gives hell.

I sure hope someone will come with a bright idea on how to tackle this.

Ok, mines not working on UP5th :(

Im happy to help but I don't know what numbers are needed.

Do I get the eno, en1, en2 or psp0 info?

What could actually be different from these boards to others? Don't they fundamentally use the same drivers? What happens if I reinstall but NOT install the ethernet driver (keep it default)?

Ok, mines not working on UP5th :(

What could actually be different from these boards to others? Don't they fundamentally use the same drivers? What happens if I reinstall but NOT install the ethernet driver (keep it default)?

@Wolfie81,

Sorry to hear that you to have been affected too, I kind of thought that might be the case since all owners of UP5-TH seem to be affected.

Correct me if i'm wrong but iMessage was working before you went away, and now you've returned it does not work. The system was switched off the whole time you was away and you have made no changes locally ?

As I pointed out in my last post, Both the UD5H and UP5-TH are essentially the same mobo, the only real major difference between the two is the inclusion of two Intel DSL3510L IC's for the thunderbolt ports on the UP5-TH and an additional Atheros LAN controller on the UD5H, besides that they are essentially the same architecture.

And yes they essentially use the same kext /drivers. from what others have reported, doing a fresh install and / or changing the NIC kexts will not resolve the issue ....

I think we've eliminated the OUI as being a possible difference, which start's to make things a bit more difficult to nail down, could I ask a favour of you ?, could you please send me a copy of your SMBIOS.plist (you can edit your S/N if you want, but it would be useful to have a S/N of a non working system for me to test - it will stay private, I promise) I've have a few idea's .......

Cheers
Jay

Ive been away for a week and iMessage was working fine prior to leaving. The system was in sleep mode. No changes have been made.

Having returned, I did have trouble connecting to the wifi network, it failed to get a IP address. I constantly tried but just would not conned to the local wifi network nor ethernet work. I ended up restarting into W8.1 on a separate drive to test if my wifi or wifi card was down. Internet worked great and instantly in 8.1.

I rebooted back into OSX and the wifi and network instantly worked again. Im not sure if you can see something to this. I found it odd behaviour though.

So far I have trashed and reinstalled the 1.12 NVRAM to no avail. Can log in fine but users are not registered. It works fine on my legitimate macbook air, iPad and iPhone.

Im thinking of installing a fresh copy of OSX onto a spare hard drive and NOT install the ethernet drivers to see if that makes a diff.

Check your inbox, SMBIOS sent.

Problem is not confined to hacks.

See this thread Link.

A couple of things to try anyway.

Good Luck

I've been trying to think of things that could cause this issue- the only thing I could think of that may make our setups "unique"...within the past few months I moved my Home folder over to a secondary hard drive. I know it's definitely speculation but maybe that's a common theme?

Back