Contribute
Register
Hey,

i build a new Hackintosh last week and now i try to run iMessage, but i get a Message that i should contact the apple Support with the Customer Code xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Anyone a solution to my problem without contact Apple? I don't think that i should contact Apple and tell them that i've trouble with my Hackintosh and iMessage :rolleyes:.

@Helmi74
Thanks for the answer. I've read the first chapter of this thread but i hoped there is maybe another quicker fix to this problem ^^.

Thanks. I did exactly what you did. Did a new install, completely disconnected from internet. To confirm something.. in your screenshots above, I assume you also went to the RTVars page and used your Serial# + 5 HexDec characters for MLB and last 12 HexDec characters from your SMUUID and entered those?

I get the same error. iCloud works fine. It's got to be something with my account. Guess I'll wait a week or so and see if it clears up. Thanks.

Just following up. I ended up calling Apple as I noticed that I could not login to FaceTime or IMessage on my iPad (iPhone worked fine). I got a really great gal from Apple Support (Emily) and after 48hrs-ish their engineers fixed my account. I assume it was flagged due to bad serial #s generated in the past. Anyways, I"m now back on IMessage on my Hack.

For those reading this, if you receive the "There was a problem with activation. Try Again" (or something very similar, can't recall the exact words), it is most likely due to your account being flagged. The reason I was able to get this resolved is I had an iPad that I could provide the serial # for. If you have an Apple device, I suppose you could provide that serial # even if it is working. Otherwise, not sure how you can get this resolved.

Good Luck!

vimeo.com/173287949/d1e9c0260b

This is my problem, how can I solve it?

@ Pavlichenkoo - In 'About This Mac' -> 'System Report', check that your Ethernet is registered as en0 - this is important for iCloud to function on your system. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 22.07.53.png

Back