Contribute
Register
A warm hello to everyone, after reading through the whole guide it seems to me, that there are still multiple solutions.
I am just about to make a new, clean install of El Capitan (10.11.4) and wanted to make sure that the following way would work just fine. If someone could give me a go or no, I'd be grateful.
1) Generate a unique SN and check it to be not known to Apple
2) Choose to "Inject System ID" (do I have to leave it blank or generate a SmUUID with "uuidgen" and paste it there?)
3) "ROM = UseMacAddr0"
4) Create MLB using the unique serial number and adding random alphanumeric characters to make up the correct length
(Still missing the BSN though or is it just BSN=MLB?)

And are all those steps necessary when setting up a new machine? Would it also work to use Step 1, then install El Capitan. And after the installation use "Clover Configurator" to Calcualte (read from System) the rest?

Thanks so much and sorry for yet another question on this great Guide. :shifty:

Hey all,

I just upgraded my Hackintosh to El Cap last night, and really wanted to get iMessage working. Anyway, I have been working on it all day long, and finally found this guide:

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

I'm happy to report, it works! My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi... it works to send to any number or email registered to iMessage, but I cannot send SMS. I think this is because I have an Android device presently. Give it a shot, it may work for you.

Hi ladies and gents

Long story short, I went back to a hack from a Mac mini. I've done EVERYTHING in the guide and I still get the customer code message when I login with my primary (2 month old) Apple ID. If I login with my old Apple ID it works fine. I've called Apple Support three times, each time they say I should be good after they put in the customer code.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or do I need to just switch everything back to my old ID?

I also had the support rep revoke my Mac mini iMessage registration.

Thanks in advance.

I have also been in contact with Apple regarding the iMessage issue. I have 3 users on my rig. 2 users can use iMessage, I can't. I get the contact Customer Services message with a code. I have 3 times in which they said everything looks ok and can't understand why I can't use the service (account seems ok, serial number wasn't an issue). He then put me on to Jack (2nd Line), who in fairness is trying everything to help resolve it for me. He has had me reset PRam :)roll:) start in safe mode. I even did a fresh install using my save Plist file, but no joy. He has contacted the iMessage engineers and they have sent me a file to install and run, called Capture Data 9.5.3, basically you try to sign in to iMessage which fails, then run the app. You then have to send it back to them. Fortunately/Unfortunately (depending which way you look at it) for me I got a kernel panic everytime I run it. I have today been advised to run the app in safe mode and try that as they need the info to pinpoint the issue.

I am at the moment in the middle of a case swap (Powermac G5 Conversion), so I don't have use of that rig. Currently using a spare G5 to browse the tinterwebs.

I am going to see if the app will run when my rig is back up and running and check the info if it does.

I will post my progress.

As a side note, I noticed that the serial number for my hackintosh is now showing up as valid. I checked it multiple times before calling to make sure it wasn't in use. The dates also line up to when I called. I also tried changing the serial two more times and called, the other two are also showing as active.

I wonder if the customer code makes the serial number that is used active in Apple's system. I still couldn't login with my "newer" Apple ID, so I opted to transition back to my older one. I'm fine with this, as it was shorter and easier to give to people.

Here's a screenshot.

Untitled.png

I have also been in contact with Apple regarding the iMessage issue. I have 3 users on my rig. 2 users can use iMessage, I can't. I get the contact Customer Services message with a code. I have 3 times in which they said everything looks ok and can't understand why I can't use the service (account seems ok, serial number wasn't an issue). He then put me on to Jack (2nd Line), who in fairness is trying everything to help resolve it for me. He has had me reset PRam :)roll:) start in safe mode. I even did a fresh install using my save Plist file, but no joy. He has contacted the iMessage engineers and they have sent me a file to install and run, called Capture Data 9.5.3, basically you try to sign in to iMessage which fails, then run the app. You then have to send it back to them. Fortunately/Unfortunately (depending which way you look at it) for me I got a kernel panic everytime I run it. I have today been advised to run the app in safe mode and try that as they need the info to pinpoint the issue.

I am at the moment in the middle of a case swap (Powermac G5 Conversion), so I don't have use of that rig. Currently using a spare G5 to browse the tinterwebs.

I am going to see if the app will run when my rig is back up and running and check the info if it does.

I will post my progress.

How old are the other Apple ID's? I've found that my old ID's (one from the MobileME days) don't have an issue. I wonder if something changed with newly created Apple IDs.

Just a thought.

How old are the other Apple ID's? I've found that my old ID's (one from the MobileME days) don't have an issue. I wonder if something changed with newly created Apple IDs.

Just a thought.

All 3 IDs were created within 3 months of each other when we got our phones. From last September. The only other thing I can think of is I used my id when setting up my first rig before this one and couldn't for the life of me get it to work then. It was with unsupported hardware though (Amd). Apple have already said my account is fine and so is serial. So I don't know.

Hi ladies and gents

Long story short, I went back to a hack from a Mac mini. I've done EVERYTHING in the guide and I still get the customer code message when I login with my primary (2 month old) Apple ID. If I login with my old Apple ID it works fine. I've called Apple Support three times, each time they say I should be good after they put in the customer code.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or do I need to just switch everything back to my old ID?

I also had the support rep revoke my Mac mini iMessage registration.

Thanks in advance.

I will post my progress.

Pretty much the exact same thing here. I've contacted support 3 times now, and they've said it should be working but it never does. I was never escalated to the iMessage engineers, but my AppleID account is also relatively new (I wonder if it's something to do with that).
I've tried pretty much every method on the internet today - the ****** guide, the 13char MLB and the newer 17 char mlb, the UseMacAddr0, putting the real Apple mac address prefix but the same thing happens every time. I've given up for the time being.

I'm noticing today that videos sent in iMessages won't play (though they do on my iPhone). What could be causing that? Also, photos are not showing in my hack (that I have sent using my iPhone).

I'm noticing today that videos sent in iMessages won't play (though they do on my iPhone). What could be causing that? Also, photos are not showing in my hack (that I have sent using my iPhone).

On my OS X VM, messages and attachments are often delayed. How long have you waited for them to come in? Do actual messages work fine?

Back