Contribute
Register
Yes, injecting a system UD with Clover works. But without the bug I would not need to do so, right?
Cheers,
Rudolf

Regardless of weather a board is suffering with the Sid Bug (System ID) or not, it is highly recommended that one should always generate and inject new and unique values instead of relying solely on the board's system returning ones that would most probably not get pass Apple's verification checks because most boards defaults to the same Generic values.

Just updated my working Chameleon Hack from OS X 10.9.5 to OS X 10.10.5 and everything went smooth. Now I am trying to re-setup NVRAM and am stuck on the MLB (Null).

The computer was working perfectly with iMessage on 10.9, so is there a way to find out what my old MLB was so I can inject the same numbers again? I have a complete clone of the 10.9 drive if there is a way to get the information from some file.

Thanks so much!

Just updated my working Chameleon Hack from OS X 10.9.5 to OS X 10.10.5 and everything went smooth. Now I am trying to re-setup NVRAM and am stuck on the MLB (Null).

The computer was working perfectly with iMessage on 10.9, so is there a way to find out what my old MLB was so I can inject the same numbers again? I have a complete clone of the 10.9 drive if there is a way to get the information from some file.

Thanks so much!

All is not lost if you have a Clone of your previous working system - You need to extract the values from that disk.
One sure fire way of getting those value is to make the Clone disk bootable, remove your current disk by detaching the Sata cable (to avoid confusion) - Once the system has booted from the Clone disk, run iMessage DeBugger or similar and extract the values.

Another good practice is to record (a print out is a good method) the iMessage DeBugger Value Readout for future reference for instances you're faced with now. Good luck.

Excellent idea esafeddie, thanks so much! I was hoping there was a way to extract the information by opening a file, but I should be able to find a disk around here to clone to and boot from. Fingers-crossed, and thanks again, much appreciated!

Excellent idea esafeddie, thanks so much! I was hoping there was a way to extract the information by opening a file, but I should be able to find a disk around here to clone to and boot from. Fingers-crossed, and thanks again, much appreciated!

There is a way to extract the original file from the Clone but you will have to attache that disk to the system but you may extract the wrong config.plist hence the reason I said to remove your current disk to avoid that error.

A small bump in the plan. The clone was restored on a fresh disk, but both ROM and MLB read "Failed". Is there somewhere else I should look on the clone for my old working ROM and MLB values? I tried looking in the nvram.plist file but it looks like the ROM and MLB are not there (njected somewhere else?), only <key>MLB</key><key>ROM</key>

Last edited:
I FINALLY got iMessage working on El Capitan (Unibeast + Clover)

Follow these steps in the exact order and it may work for you!

1. Sign out of every Apple Service on your Hackintosh (EVERY service: App Store, iCloud in Settings, Facetime, iMessage and anything else Apple related)
2. Go to http://www.icloud.com and log in.
3. While logged in to iCloud.com, Click Settings then on the next page under "My Devices" click one of your devices.
4. Press the blue X next to any Hackintosh to remove it. (It may not show up once you log out of everything on your Hackintosh, if so that's normal.)
5. Open CloverConfigurator and mount your EFI.
6. In Clover Configurator, click the Home icon on the bottom left and click on the "config.plist" file in the line "EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist" to make sure you're writing to the correct config.plist.
7. In the Rt Variables section, make sure everything is clear.
8. Go to the SMBIOS section and click on the magic wand.
9. On the two sections that say shake, click a few times to generate a random serial. Click ok.
10. Go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and search for that serial number that was generated. If you get an error message, that is good. It means you aren't using a serial number assigned to a real Mac. If you don't get an error, repeat step 9 and search for the new serial instead
11. Open terminal and run "uuidgen" about 5 or 6 times and copy the last long number generated.
12. Copy this UUID and paste it in the "SmUUID" field in the SMBIOS section.
13. In the "Board Serial Number" field, paste in your system serial number (the one generated by the magic wand) and add 5 random letters and numbers to the end to reach a total of 17 characters.The reason is to keep your ROM (last 12 digits of the UUID that was generated) and MLB (Board Serial Number) values constant and unique on each boot of the OS. If the values change from boot to boot, iMessage will notice and fail to activate and there is potential that Apple will notice and blacklist your UUID, serial, or Apple ID. All Clover-generated ROM and MLB values are automatically blacklisted, as well.
14. In Clover Configurator, Click File > Save.
15. In terminal, run the command: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
16. In terminal, run the command: killall Finder

17. Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library/Caches and delete all files or folders beginning with: (if there is nothing there with these file names, that is ok) (rm -R <foldername> removes folders)
- com.apple.Messages
-com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent

18. Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences and delete all files or folders beginning with: (if there is nothing there with these file names, that is ok)
-com.apple.iChat.
-com.apple.imagent.
-com.apple.imessage.
-com.apple.imservice.

19. Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library and delete the folder "Messages"(if there is nothing there with that file name, that is ok).
-Empty the trash. If it says files are still in use, reboot and empty it immediately upon startup.
-Open up Disk Utility, select your OSX partition, and rebuild the permissions. Reboot when this is completed.

-You can re-hide hidden files and folders with the terminal commands:
-defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
-killall Finder

20. Your primary network must be set as en0. You can check this by opening up System Profiler, clicking on either Ethernet or Wifi and making sure that your internet network is listed as en0. If it is not, reset your network preferences by going to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and deleting "NetworkInterfaces.plist" and "preferences.plist".

21. Once rebooted and all previous steps completed. Sign in to iCloud in your Hackintosh Settings, then Sign in to Messages app.

22. If you have an iPhone. Go to Settings, then Messages, then Text Message Forwarding, then turn on your listed Hackintosh.

iMessage should be working fine now!

If this worked for you, consider hitting the contribute button and donate to Tonymacx86.com, I couldn't have got it going if it wasn't for the massive amount of knowledge and help here. I was ready to give up.

Credits for some of these steps: cobo10201, johnnyfortune, tonymacx86.com

what do you mean by "sign into icloud in your hackintosh settings"?

Making progress, now have MLB and ROM values recovered and saved. However, the older version of FileNVRAM I was using is not holding my injected values on OS 10.10.5. I also cannot get FileNVRAM to boot with the latest versions (Tried Trunk 79, 80 and 81). Every time I boot with one of these newer versions of FileNVRAM, I get stopped at:

"decompressing kernel cache using lzvn"

The only solution I found for this issue in previous threads was to install Nvidia web drivers, but I am on an ATI 6870. I have the .kext installed as well. Any suggestions?

I have read some posts where others have reported that dreaded '=' character added to the end of their S/N causing iMsg/F-Time not to work. Why or how it happens is a mystery to me - You can switch over to Clover without the need for a complete re-install as it can be time consuming specially if you have a large amount of files installed.

On a personal note, I would opt for a clean install just to make sure the '=' is not migrated over as well in the Boot Loader switch over. Which ever choice you make - Good luck

........One year later.......

Finally moved up to Clover/El Capitan but iMessage is still a no go.

I am able to sign in with apple id with no error messages, have run iMessage debug periodically for 3 days and all numbers consistently match yet I'm not able to send or receive.

Before upgrading to Clover my Hack was set as a iMac 13.2 however when I ran my clean install to Clover I set it as the default Mac Pro 3.1. After install I also ran Migration Assistant but made a point to NOT transfer system settings and files.

I've noticed that when I go into the iMessage on my iPhone, Text Message Forwarding, it's showing 2 devices, the Mac Pro 3,1 and the former iMac. When I slide the button on the MacPro a window appears on the phone asking me for the code but it never appears on the Hack. The strange thing is when I slide the button for the iMac a window appears on the phone asking me for the code AND iMessage will start up on the Hack, however no code appears.

Is it possible that in the way I upgraded/migrated to Clover/El Capitan that I may have some references to the iMac 13.2 still in my system?

I don't understand why it's still showing as a device on my phone when I deleted it from my iCloud settings.

Clear as mud? :cool:

Back