Contribute
Register
I am trying to get NVRAM working on my Yosemite install with GA-H97M-D3H and Chimera 4.1.
In reference to the directions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ite-fix-imessage-using-chameleon-chimera.html

I get through steps 1 and 2, but on step 3 I have an important question. Specifically, in the terminal commands, there is what looks like a generic System ID or Hardware UUID in the beginning of the command “4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14” Should I be replacing that set of code with my own System-ID or Hardware UUID as well as my own MLB value? Or use as posted 4D1ED... and only change the bold MLB value? Same question for the ROM command.

Thanks so much!

I am trying to get NVRAM working on my Yosemite install with GA-H97M-D3H and Chimera 4.1.
In reference to the directions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ite-fix-imessage-using-chameleon-chimera.html

I get through steps 1 and 2, but on step 3 I have an important question. Specifically, in the terminal commands, there is what looks like a generic System ID or Hardware UUID in the beginning of the command “4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14” Should I be replacing that set of code with my own System-ID or Hardware UUID as well as my own MLB value? Or use as posted 4D1ED... and only change the bold MLB value? Same question for the ROM command.

Thanks so much!

Maybe doesn't exist a file FileNVRAM compatible.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-504.html#post1106102

Thanks so much!

From the Guide, http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP7.1 Chapter 7.1

MLB & ROM Injection Method for Chameleon & Chimera Users:

To inject new nvram values open terminal and use the following commands :-
Code:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=xxxxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=xxxxxxxxx

In each case, replace 'xxxxx' with the appropriate value and be sure to always use the same prefix UUID as displayed via iMessage Debug (normally 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14)

When injecting the ROM value place a '%' in front of each byte

Example:-

Ethernet MAC address = 23:f4:e7:65:4a:44

To inject the above as a ROM value execute:
Code:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%23%f4%e7%65%4a%44

Important: FileNVRAM must be installed and working correctly in order for OS X to remember the new MLB and ROM values after a power down or reboot (Chimera & Chameleon only)

As stated you want to use the UUID that you get from iMessage Debug, which is normally (4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14), but may be different in your case.

While the Guide you are referencing is quite condensed and very specific, it is important to read and understand the http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html guide

Thanx a lot @damax. Nothing new for me, right now. I just would to know if someone have iMessage working with 10.10.5 and last chimera.
I fear that all my efforts are not used for anything.

Let me know if someone have iMessage, last Yosemite with last Chimera.

Therefore, someone has succeeded? :beachball:

Yosemite 10.10.5 / CLOVER

RT generated ROM and MLB my serial + 5 random chacarters

iMessage gives Contact Apple Support with customer code

i found that not adding extra characters to Board serial number you don't get no Customer code so try putting in just the serial number.

Thanks for the help n3oNLit3. Yeah, I read that whole guide at least 3 times and I still somehow missed that part :) Got it working now. Funny how the brain works under pressure. Thanks again!

Here's a new issue I haven't heard anyone having.

So earlier I had mentioned I got iMessage working on a new machine for my wife after calling into Apple. Well a day later it stopped working. I was still able to login using my Apple ID, but not hers. Called apple again, got it to work again ... but only for another day. On the third time, I was escalated to some senior advisor and eventually they asked me to send them a bunch of files from the computer for the engineer to look at as well as their engineer looking on their side. In the end, they didn't know what's going on and ask me to take the machine into the store to be looked at.

Go figure... I guess no iMessage on her account for this machine

My iMessage just fixed itself after months of not working without doing anything on OSX 10.10.5. I got the whole "please contact support with this code" popup but did not bother to do anything and just did not use iMessage instead. Suddenly today, I started getting messages on my hackintosh again. Maybe some kind of timeout on the "ban"? Or Apple changing authentication with the El Cap launch today?

Hi if you have all the values i.e. Mac S/N, MLB (which is also the BoardSerialNumber) and ROM (which can be your mac address) from when you had iMessage working then yes you can inject these into your config.plist via 'Clover Configurator' and you should be good to go. All is not lost if this is not possible - just log the rig out of iCloud, iTunes, App Store etc and then disconnect from the internet, Generate and inject a set of new values -> Repair Permissions -> reboot (still off line) -> run iMessage DeBugger and check that the new injected values are static (not changing). Do this at least three times if looks good, reconnect rig to internet and try to login, you should be able to without the need to call Apple - any problems just post back - Good luck.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately manually inserting the old MLB and ROM values stops my machine from booting, so I'm going to create new values and login as a new machine as suggested. Fingers crossed.

Back