Contribute
Register
Can we again reiterate - Please keep a record of your working values - An iMessage DeBugger print out or on a usb drive so that if your hack should warrant a reinstall in the future, you will have your working values to hand to reconfigure iMsg/F-Time without the hassle.

im also now logged into imessage on my hack using my previously bad account.

since my last post i've done NOTHING. it has been roughly 21 hours since my initial call to apple.

must either be a glitch on their end, or they've rolled something they did back.

i suggest others try to login as success is being reported.

My iMessage stopped working on about the 30th May, didn't call Apple or anything, logged back in today and seems to be fine again. I think this is something changing around on Apple's end (WWDC hints ;)), although quite a few real Macs seemed to have issues so they might have done something and rolled back.

click Messages and preferences. odds are it will show your account Inactive (logged out).

the 'initial' login will pass, and it will pull up your imessage and whatnot, but it will boot you after a few seconds.

thanks for the reply - but unfortunately it does not show up as inactive :(

@Jaymokey,

This guide is superb, my post is to say that Chimera and FileNVRAM works great together thanks to SJ_underwater for his attention to FileNVRAM. I've used Clover and Chimera but my day to day system uses Chimera. It's consistent with messages and punctual when receiving messages. Clover may be the way forward but Chimera responsibly holds it own. I can say this openly giving the duration of testing. I see no reason to jump to Clover. If you know what you're doing.

Regards

I concur with WildWillow. :thumbup:

@ wildwillow and stork - I've read your posts with interest and as I haven't used Chimera since Mavericks and the first FileNVRAM update to get iMsg/F-Time working in Chimera - Under Yosemite I can't really agree or disagree with your sentiment, I made the switch to clover, as it was then widely advocated to be more reliable and handled major Apple updates better than chimera.

I totally agree Chimera is the way to go for beginners for ease of installation - to get full functioning iMsg/F-Time service, I don't know, so this weekend time permitting, I will get my ssd test drive out and do a Chimera installation and test the ease/difficulty of iMsg/F-Time and report back - Good or Bad.

@Jaymokey,

This guide is superb, my post is to say that Chimera and FileNVRAM works great together thanks to SJ_underwater for his attention to FileNVRAM. I've used Clover and Chimera but my day to day system uses Chimera. It's consistent with messages and punctual when receiving messages. Clover may be the way forward but Chimera responsibly holds it own. I can say this openly giving the duration of testing. I see no reason to jump to Clover. If you know what you're doing.

Regards

@wildwillow,

Thanks for confirming the above...

I concur that for Hackingtosh novices that Chimera/Chameleon offers a simpler install method, however there have been quite a few users reporting that they were unable to get it work with some systems ... for those users switching to Clover got iMessage / NVRAM working.

The guide and this thread will continue to support the FileNVRAM method.

Cheers
Jay

Ok - As promised here my test report over the ease of iMsg configuration in a Chimera Yosemite install compared to a Clover install.
I completely forgot the ease of a Chimera/MultiBeast install, once MultiBeast was configured and the rig rebooted every thing worked, particularly sound, I didn't have to faff around trying to fix sound as I did in Clover.

Now here is the acid test - On the onset I did the install as a new iMac model 14.2 instead of using stored values and tried to log in to iMsg, put my details in the initial screen and was logged in straight away - my thoughts at this point this is too easy.
Got to the second screen (accounts) where you have to log in again and was thrown the popup 'An error has occurred' blah blah blah.

I ran iMessage debugger and noticed at the end of the Board's S/N was this character '=' also system-ID value smacks of the SIDD Bug (see pic) after making the corrections and manually injecting new values as per the GUIDE and
running debugger a few times to insure values are valid and static, I was abled to log in to iMsg/F-Time with my ID.

My conclusion - Definitely the way to go to if just starting out and following instructions closely, purely for ease of installation, but because I'm bent outta shape using Clover and feel more at ease and confident when it comes to updates, I'll stay leaning towards Clover, but as jay says, Help and guidance will be offered to which ever method is used.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 15.43.08.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 15.43.08.png
    72 KB · Views: 136
With all the history involving iMessage on Hackingtoshes this guide has become rather large, and I honestly don't know where to begin anymore.
I'm currently using the Chimera/MultiBeast method, Yosemite OS, I have all the latest updates to both the OS, and Chimera.
I used FileNVRAM before on Mountain lion/Mavericks, and now with the latest version of FileNVRAM I would like to get iMessage working on my Yosemite install.
Can someone point me to a guide, or parts of the guide I could use to get this working.

I thank Jaymonkey and everyone else involved in this, for their hard work and dedication to this issue...

With all the history involving iMessage on Hackingtoshes this guide has become rather large, and I honestly don't know where to begin anymore.
I'm currently using the Chimera/MultiBeast method, Yosemite OS, I have all the latest updates to both the OS, and Chimera.
I used FileNVRAM before on Mountain lion/Mavericks, and now with the latest version of FileNVRAM I would like to get iMessage working on my Yosemite install.
Can someone point me to a guide, or parts of the guide I could use to get this working.

I thank Jaymonkey and everyone else involved in this, for their hard work and dedication to this issue...

Hi - First off, run iMsg debugger and check for any abnormalities in the values, if there are they will have to be fixed before iMsg/F-Time will work. Read Chapter 6.1 and Chapter 7.1 for methods and possible fixes - Good luck.

Back