Contribute
Register
Hey thanks for always helping, I tried this again with no luck, people keep appearing as "red" and messages tell me that the person doesn't have imessage. For the record, no messages are synced to my hack so far. Changes I make on my iphone do appear, like adding my phone as a "you can be reached at" section in message preferences, and I can log in and get my contact info verified, but no actual message functionality.

Thanks again, and I would appreciate any other suggestion :geek:

Try this if you haven't already - Log out of iMsg and F/Time on both iPhone and Hack -> On iPhone turn off Wi-Fi -> go into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings - The phone will turn it self off and on again, after a minute or so, it may ask to re-enter your Wi-Fi and/or Apple ID password -> Go to iMessage on your iPhone and turn it on, wait for verification, once verified turn on iMsg on Hack you should get the verification 'This Phone is Use with blah blah' or to that effect. Hopefully you will get a verification code to complete the coupling of phone with hack, you can now check to see if reset was successful - Send your self a test message it should appear on both iPhone and Hack - Good Luck.

Thank Jaymonkey and Esaffedie,,, numbers I put in the first post were an example (not to reveal my true ROM).
From what I understand,, no need to make any modification to SMUUid.

If all is working then stick with your current values, no need to change or make any modifications.

Sometimes it says for MLB (null) sometimes a number appears.

@rkrisi,

Your NVRAM values are not persistent between boots, you'll need to address this issue before you can use iMessage successfully read Chapter 6.1 for the explanation, and Chapter 7.1 for information in injecting your MLB and ROM values.

Cheers
Jay

Glad to hear you're back in the groove! - Keep all your current working values for the upgrade i.e Mac Model, Serial Number, ROM, MLB etc etc and you are good to go. As a matter of fact run iMessage DeBugger and store (even a print out if possible) the results for future reference incase you do a reinstall, it will be invaluable.

Great advice thank you!

Try this if you haven't already - Log out of iMsg and F/Time on both iPhone and Hack -> On iPhone turn off Wi-Fi -> go into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings - The phone will turn it self off and on again, after a minute or so, it may ask to re-enter your Wi-Fi and/or Apple ID password -> Go to iMessage on your iPhone and turn it on, wait for verification, once verified turn on iMsg on Hack you should get the verification 'This Phone is Use with blah blah' or to that effect. Hopefully you will get a verification code to complete the coupling of phone with hack, you can now check to see if reset was successful - Send your self a test message it should appear on both iPhone and Hack - Good Luck.

Thanks, did this and sent a message to myself and it's indeed working, but it just works with myself haha... Still getting red names for people who have facetime:|. I also never got a coupling code or anything like that when I completed the steps.

Thanks, did this and sent a message to myself and it's indeed working, but it just works with myself haha... Still getting red names for people who have facetime:|. I also never got a coupling code or anything like that when I completed the steps.

Ok sorry to hear you're still having problems - I have a iPhone 5 and I am running Yosemite on my Hack, 'Continuity' is also activated between the two - 'Text Message Forwarding' is engaged on my iPhone - You'll know if this is engaged because Apple will not only send you a message of activation but also a 5 digit code to turn on text forwarding between Hack and iPhone or any other iOS equipment you want to include.

If your iMsg is working I don't really know why its not fully functional, I would give it a few days or so and see if it comes together. Some with real Macs has reported this problem with their iMessage function over on the Apple forum, which somehow cured itself after a while so it could be a temporary glitch with your ID or connection - Good Luck.

I had tried to get into iMessage unsuccessfully in late February using an iMac14,2 definition. When Clover Configurator was updated to include the iMac15,1 definition, I thought that I would try that as I wanted to use a definition appropriate for my processor. So I disconnected from the internet having logged out of all Apple services on the hack. I then followed the "Alternate ROM method" at the end of Section 7.1 of the guide to create my SmUUID, MLB and ROM. To my surprise and delight, it worked first time and I was able to log into iMessage without calling Apple - I should stress that I have not called Apple at any time.

Initially, although I was logged into iMessage, initially I could not send anything. So I reset all of the iMessage configuration files (as per Section 3.1) and followed Jaymonkey's advice about resetting the key chain. I also logged out of all of the iCloud services on all of my devices (iPhone, iPad and hack) and then I followed Esafeddie's advice below, resetting the Network setting on all of my iOS devices.

I reconnected all of my devices to the iCloud - iPhone first, then iPad, then Hack and got the appropriate verification messages and codes on my devices and hack. iMessage now works on the hack!

Thank you so much to everybody on this thread, especially Jay and Esafeddie! :thumbup:

@ happywombat - Another success story!!! - very much appreciate the positive feed back, I would advice all who managed to get a 100% working Hack to not only make a backup (clone) but as a bonus, run iMessage DeBugger and Keep a copy of the values (ROM, MLB, Hack Serial number, Board Serial Number and SmUUID) for the life of your Hack incase of a reinstall.

Initially, although I was logged into iMessage, initially I could not send anything. So I reset all of the iMessage configuration files (as per Section 3.1) and followed Jaymonkey's advice about resetting the key chain. I also logged out of all of the iCloud services on all of my devices (iPhone, iPad and hack) and then I followed Esafeddie's advice below, resetting the Network setting on all of my iOS devices.

I reconnected all of my devices to the iCloud - iPhone first, then iPad, then Hack and got the appropriate verification messages and codes on my devices and hack. iMessage now works on the hack!

@happywombat,

Great to read you've had success, the 'Alternate ROM' method seems to be the way to go right now...

I'm curious to know if the resetting of the network settings on your IOS devices was really required to get iMessage working ?. I've never had to do that myself but i only have iPhone4 / IOS 7.2.1 so maybe this is a IOS 8 issue ?

If so the i'll add those steps to the end of Chapter 3.3,

@Esafeddie,

Would be interested in your thoughts on this too .... seems like a sensible step to do given that we do it on our hacks/Macs ?

Cheers
Jay

Back