Contribute
Register
GA Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3
Core I5 2500k
Radeon 6870 Shappire
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

@camillionario,

Despite the zero's in the SmUUID the last 6 bytes look ok and different to that which you posted earlier ?

If the last 6 bytes are indeed a MAC address then that will still be a unique number making the SmUUID a valid seed to generate the Hardware UUID from...

It's still an odd one though and may indicate that the recent changes Apple made to the iMessage validation protocols were more extensive than we thought.

If all is working ok I wouldn't worry about it too much, changing things may cause a miss-match and a ghost device. If it does stop working (because Security Token expiry) the keep existing MLB & ROM & S/N, generate & inject new SmUUID using uuidgen but keep last 6 bytes from exciting one & reset config & security files.

Cheers
Jay

GA Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3
Core I5 2500k
Radeon 6870 Shappire
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

Thanks for the Post back - I am still fascinated by your SmUUID all those zeros!!!!! - but as Jay suggested, maybe that value is unique to your board's system ID. I also noticed the value 88448844455 you reported in your first post you were using as your ROM is incorrect because from your uploaded pic I can see a value ending in 'ea'???!!. Anyway as I said before, if you're happy and its working for you then alls well.

Hello community! :)

I need a little help.. I am using Chamelon/Chimera boot loader, and I tried to fix iMessage with the FileNVRAM fix, but it says after I tried that there is a problem during the activation
Please help!

Run iMessage DeBugger and note results if ROM and/or MLB says 'Failed' your values are not constant - try injecting them manually.
Another method try replacing File NVRAM again.

Hi guys. Thanks for the excellent thread. Amazingly helpful.

Last year I got my Hackintosh running and did all the fixes for iMessage with the ROM and MLB values and what not. I got to the point where I would have to call Apple to get any further but never did. Now I tried it randomly one day and iMessage is working! Question is I'm on 10.9.4 and wondering if it's safe to update to 10.9.5 or if that could affect iMessage? Also, if I moved to 10.10 could I copy all my values and expect it to work okay?

Run iMessage DeBugger and note results if ROM and/or MLB says 'Failed' your values are not constant - try injecting them manually.
Another method try replacing File NVRAM again.
Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 23.02.47.png
Here is my iMessage Debug. Sometimes it says for MLB (null) sometimes a number appears.

@camillionario,

Despite the zero's in the SmUUID the last 6 bytes look ok and different to that which you posted earlier ?

If the last 6 bytes are indeed a MAC address then that will still be a unique number making the SmUUID a valid seed to generate the Hardware UUID from...

It's still an odd one though and may indicate that the recent changes Apple made to the iMessage validation protocols were more extensive than we thought.

If all is working ok I wouldn't worry about it too much, changing things may cause a miss-match and a ghost device. If it does stop working (because Security Token expiry) the keep existing MLB & ROM & S/N, generate & inject new SmUUID using uuidgen but keep last 6 bytes from exciting one & reset config & security files.

Cheers
Jay

Thank Jaymonkey and Esaffedie,,, numbers I put in the first post were an example (not to reveal my true ROM).
From what I understand,, no need to make any modification to SMUUid.

@shesmovedon & @lignicolos,

Try resetting the iMessage/iCloud config files but also do the optional security reset detailed in Chapter 3.3 and empty the trash via booting in single user/console mode.

Also try resetting your key chain by following the instructions at the bottom of this Apple FAQ (i keep meaning to add this procedure to the guide .... i'll try and find time to do it sometime soon)

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Jay

Hey thanks for always helping, I tried this again with no luck, people keep appearing as "red" and messages tell me that the person doesn't have imessage. For the record, no messages are synced to my hack so far. Changes I make on my iphone do appear, like adding my phone as a "you can be reached at" section in message preferences, and I can log in and get my contact info verified, but no actual message functionality.

Thanks again, and I would appreciate any other suggestion :geek:

Hi guys. Thanks for the excellent thread. Amazingly helpful.

Last year I got my Hackintosh running and did all the fixes for iMessage with the ROM and MLB values and what not. I got to the point where I would have to call Apple to get any further but never did. Now I tried it randomly one day and iMessage is working! Question is I'm on 10.9.4 and wondering if it's safe to update to 10.9.5 or if that could affect iMessage? Also, if I moved to 10.10 could I copy all my values and expect it to work okay?

Glad to hear you're back in the groove! - Keep all your current working values for the upgrade i.e Mac Model, Serial Number, ROM, MLB etc etc and you are good to go. As a matter of fact run iMessage DeBugger and store (even a print out if possible) the results for future reference incase you do a reinstall, it will be invaluable.

View attachment 132662
Here is my iMessage Debug. Sometimes it says for MLB (null) sometimes a number appears.

Looking at your results, the input values are not constant between reboots - Have another read of the GUIDE how to combat this problem.

Back