Contribute
Register
Add me to the list of hack owners with a broken iMessage. It worked fine until about 12 pm BST today, then crapped out.

Interestingly, I was in the process of rebuilding a MacBook Pro 15 inch from 2006 with a clean install of 10.6.8 to help my kids stay amused over the summer when we move. I assumed the problem was an issue with me logging into the older system with my iMessage ID.

But here's the interesting thing: my Macbook Pro Retina (2013) works just fine with iMessage. As does my wife's first-gen MBP Retina 15 inch.

But my 2006 Mac Pro 2,1 and 2007 Mac Pro 2,1 -- both running Yosemite via the 32-bit EFI mod -- are also crapping out with iMessage.

I can't log in at all on the Hackintosh (running Osmosis) but I can log in on both the older Mac Pros. The password is accepted, and then I log in. But when I try to send a message? It says I'm not logged in.

So something is certainly up. And we cry.

something is going on.

i called in with the customer code and they did their normal reset but it did not work. it has been escalated to the engineers. MLB/ROM is persistent and accurate (although not cloned), and another account of mine logs in fine. i've also changed my WAN IP to reset quota to no avail.

the support did say (while on the phone for a fair bit) my account went from locked to registered and okay about 20mins after the first reset, but it's been about 1 hour since then and i'm still unable to stay logged in (the best I can get is it to login prompt to select numbers i can be reached at) then it kicks me out after about 5 seconds with the same customer code.

i'm not sure if its related or not, but even after changing my password, disabling 2 step, changing password again, logging out of all my devices, there is a lingering mac pro that i cannot remove from my icloud devices. the serial and the device does not match my current rig, but it MAY match my old setup when I ran Mavericks.

summary:
MLB/ROMs are good. i get a customer code.
apple tech uses customer code but does not fix issue.
engineers are looking into it.
second imessage account works flawlessly.
lingering mac pro from mavericks will not remove from icloud devices.
as usual, unable to login, get the same customer code over and over.

There seems to be a pattern emerging where successful logins are now reporting lock outs, I hope this is just a temporary glitch but one to keep an eye on.

Count me in too. Successful set up, now getting customer code message as of yesterday. I called apple, but didn't get anywhere since the tech insisted that I give him my serial number. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

?????????
May 31, 2015 9:17 AM
Re: iMessage (Yosemite): could not sign into iMessage could not sign in.
in response to ???????
Yep.
iMessage stop work in admin account, and not only Guest account, also in new created accounts too.

Finally, the problem was resolved by clean reinstalling.
1. press the Command + R on reboot
2. Run disk utility app, and erase system disk.
3. Installing fresh OS.

Voila. iMessage work like a charm..

Really sad by this way, because this is not explain the problem.. I don't know what was wrong.. I don't like stupid solutions like that. But after tons of tries, i think the "reinstall" time has come.

Thanks for help.

The above post is from a real Mac user on the Apple Forum and how they solved the unable to sign in to iMsg/F-Time problem - What is being advocated here, when all else fails a clean install will usually cure the problem.

Just got off the phone with Apple. Said they fixed my Appleid. It should work immediately...but could take up to 24hrs. Tried to log in when I got off the phone but no dice. Ill try again in a few and report back.

@All,

With all the recent posts it would seem that there is something going on .... However iMessage still works for me on all my Hacks without any issues ...

Right now this is just speculation but possible causes could be:

1. A week or so ago there was a major global outage of several Apple iCloud services, although iMessage was apparently not directly effected its possible that the outage or the fix may be causing issues with iMessage for some users.

2. Apple are working on the next revision of OS X (10.10.4), its all ready been released as beta to devs so it's possible that some server end issues have crept in.

3. As already widely reported on this thread and others IOS 8 still suffers from occasional hick-ups that can effect SMS/ & iMessage Sync across devices which in turn could be causing the problem. Unfortunately I have iPhone4 stuck on IOS 7 so i have no way of testing or confirming this but could also explain why i am not seeing any of these issues.

I think it would be a good idea for everyone posting a similar issue to deatil the version of IOS they are using if using iMessage in-conjunction with a iPhone.

Also include your:

• OSX version
  • Boot-Loader type and version
  • if you have the Continuity/Handoff binary patch installed ?
  • Confirm that Continuity/Handoff is working
As mentioned by @esafeddie there does seem to be a big increase in the number of genuine Mac users seeing similar issues so right now i have no reason to think that its a Hackingtosh specific issue.

If you think you've been effected I would try the following ...

logout of iMessage on all your OS X & IOS devices and perform a iMessage config files reset (detailed in Chapter 3.3) on all your hacks/macs & mobile devices, do not log back into any of Apple iCloud services for a for a few days, also if possible switch off your router for as long as possible (overnight) the longer the better.

Try to wait at lease a few days before trying to use iMessage again, what we are trying to do is to force Apples servers into resending a new security token which in the past has been proven to help with these sorts of issues .... No guarantees that this will work for everyone but its a starting point .....

Let keep a eye on what happens over the next week or so before jumping to any conclusions ...

Cheers
Jay

• Using iOS?: Yes, 8.3
  • OS X version: 10.10.3
  • Boot-Loader type and version: Clover, revision 3202
  • Continuity/Handoff binary patch installed?: No, I don't remember installing this.
  • Confirm that Continuity/Handoff is working: It was, but it appears that it's not working now. Don't use it much, except for reading SMS.

• Using iOS?: Yes, 8.3
  • OS X version: 10.10.3
  • Boot-Loader type and version: Clover, revision 3215
  • Continuity/Handoff binary patch installed?: No, I don't remember installing this.
  • Confirm that Continuity/Handoff is working: It was, but it appears that it's not working now.

Perform a iMessage config files reset. Called apple and had them unlock the AppleID. (Still not working)

I can log in an out of iMessage without problems - but I cannot send messages. I always get the exclamation mark with the message "Not delivered".

I don't know why but on somedays it suddenly worked randomly and then didn't work again.

Using Clover!

Any help is appreciated!

Back