Contribute
Register
@suad where are you getting the serial number from?

Generated it with Clover Configurator and checked it over the Apple self-solve page

@Suad,

Check validity of OSX S/N, ensure correct prefix and suffix, check S/N on self-solve site - See Part-1, Step 3 of the guide .... If it looks ok and ROM & MLB values are persistent then check your SmUUID (sysetm-id) - See Part-2

If you continue to have issues try re-generating a complete new set of ID's ... see above post.

Cheers
Jay

Well generating new ID's did the trick this time, but I don't know why. I have two ideas: this time I generated my board serial number with my OS X S/N instead of using, what iMessage-Debug delivered me, and added the 5 alphanumeric digits. And this time I used MacPro4, 1 instead of 5, 1 and got the contact customer support message, did it, talked about touchscreens on iMacs and some turkish food and that was it :D

thanks again

EDIT: I asked the lady on the phone, why I again had to activate my iMessage and she told me it was because I set up a new "Mac" and told me it happens randomly, when I asked her, whether it always will happen, or not, when I get a new "Mac"

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 197

@elgipsy,

Please read the guide carefully, I suspect that while using the invalid S/N you have black-listed the MLB and/or ROM values. Quote from Part-1, Step-3 of the guide ...

No need for new config.plist, just change the values in your existing one...

Cheers
Jay

OK,

SO I used the S/N generated yesterday
Generated a new uuid a new MLB and a new ROM value added all this to the Clover plist and rebooted, ran iMessage debug, rebooted again and all values are consistent.

Is it ok to try now? thanks...

OK,

SO I used the S/N generated yesterday
Generated a new uuid a new MLB and a new ROM value added all this to the Clover plist and rebooted, ran iMessage debug, rebooted again and all values are consistent.

Is it ok to try now? thanks...

Yeps. if those values are truly unique to Apple, you should be getting a message to contact Support, with a code to register iMessage .

So I just restarted my computer and was asked my password for Messages, iCloud, and FaceTime. Everything is still working but it seemed weird that it asked me everything again so I ran iMessage debug and noticed my PlatformUUID is the same as my systemUUID now. I restarted the computer several times before and this was not the case. Is there a way to inject the PlatformUUID or is this a bad thing to do? I know what the PlatformUUID was before because I took a picture of the iMessage debug results as a reference just to see when things changed. Looking at Clover Configurator I am assuming you inject it where it says CustomUUID under system parameters but just want to make sure before I do it.

EDIT: I tried the CustomUUID entry in Clover Configurator while disconnected from the internet. That didn't help. I changed it back then restarted again and I had the original PlatformUUID. When I rebooted and it changed I got a message on my iPad and iPhone saying I logged in from a different computer. I guess the question now is what can cause the PlatformUUID to change when all the hardware is consistent between boots?

Last edited:
Read Part-1, Step 3 and ensure that your S/N is correct for the system type your using.
Ensure OSX S/N is valid but unregistered - Part-1, Step-3
Check for SId bug and/or try a new SmUUID (system-id) see Part-2.
Make sure AppleID is validated .. etc - See Part-1, Step-1.

If all else fails disconnect from network and generate all new iD's and check everything is good with iMessage Debug before connecting to network you should get contact Apple msg with Customer Number - if so follow instructions In Part-2, Step-8.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Thank you very much!
I set it again using Clover Configrator and iMessage Debug.
At this time, I disconnect all Internet lines.
Of course I took off the LAN cable from a connector.

After rebooting, and tying an Internet line, and starting iMessage and FaceTime,
a customer cord was displayed afterwards.
After calling customer support, I was able to have you maintain Activation. (doubted a little...)
Both iMessage, FaceTime works normally now.

It may be serial number and a UUID that it is thought with the cause that activation did not go along.
It might be judged to be unjust because four digit of bottoms of the serial number, in particular were platform-dependent.

Dual boot with Windows challenges becoming it this time!

tried the CustomUUID entry in Clover Configurator while disconnected from the internet. That didn't help. I changed it back then restarted again and I had the original PlatformUUID. When I rebooted and it changed I got a message on my iPad and iPhone saying I logged in from a different computer. I guess the question now is what can cause the PlatformUUID to change when all the hardware is consistent between boots?

@mleduff7,

PlatformUUID is derived from the SmUUID (systemId) .... its explained in detail in part 2 of the guide. Its not a good idea to manually inject the PlatformUUID as other software hashes and crypto keys could also rely on the SmUUID value (although most use the Hardware UUID). Thats why its so important to keep backups and lists of all critical system ID's ... and why its always important to know what both UUID's are ... if the Platform UUID changes then it means that the SmUUID has changed or is reverting back to the BIOS default.

As explained in the guide Clover makes it very easy for all of us to keep copies of our ID's .... all you have to do is keep a backup of the working config.plist file from your EFI Partition - /EFI/Clover folder .... so no excuse not to.

If you still want to Inject the Platform (Hardware) UUID then leave the SmUUID field on the SMBIOS page blank and enter your PlatformUUID as the Custom UUID on the System Parameters page and uncheck Inject System ID :-
Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 00.26.28.pngYou can try this method but its not recommended as it may cause issues with other software .. however it's possible that things have improved with more recent versions of Clover .... if you try let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Jay

Yeps. if those values are truly unique to Apple, you should be getting a message to contact Support, with a code to register iMessage .

Indeed, I got the message :headbang:, thank you all!

I'm thinking about buying the Apple card for BT 4 and wifi and the pci-e adapter to enable all the features. Will I have to pay attention to something when I'll install it?

@jaymonkey....After calling customer support, I was able to have you maintain Activation. (doubted a little...) Both iMessage, FaceTime works normally now.

It may be serial number and a UUID that it is thought with the cause that activation did not go along.
It might be judged to be unjust because four digit of bottoms of the serial number, in particular were platform-dependent.

@longagokids,

Glad your up and running, be sure to keep a backup of all your Critical ID's for future use and you should be fine. I believe that OSX S/N , Platform UUID (derived from system-id), MLB & ROM are all checked for vslidity during creation of the security token (initial iCloud registration) after which only MLB & ROM are used to re-authenticate the iMessage security token.

Indeed, I got the message .....I'm thinking about buying the Apple card for BT 4 and wifi and the pci-e adapter to enable all the features. Will I have to pay attention to something when I'll install it?

@elgipsy,

Glad your finally there, same applies as above .. keep those ID's safe. If you do install WiFi/BT4 card you should be fine. Disconnect system form internet before installing and apply binary patches via clover if necessary, run DPCI Manager and check that en0 has remained the same and new WiFi NIC is assigned next sequential number. If that looks ok run iMessage Debug and ensure all Critical ID's are the same. If all ok you should be good to go. If gaps in NIC enX numbering delete Network plists (Step-2) and try again. Only reconnect to network once all ID's are as they are now.

Cheers
Jay

@herrlee,

If OSX is booting and you have a Hardware (Platform) UUID shown in iMessage Debug and Sys Info then I assure you that system-id will be in the registry at the quoted location in the guide (See Part-2) you just need to look carefully.

In Mavericks the parameter is towards the bottom of the right hand panel, under Yosemite it is about one sixth of the way down.

See Post #1006 for a bit more info ...

Cheers
Jay
Thanks for the quick reply.
The command <ioreg -l | grep '"system-id'> shows nothing.
There's only subsystem-id when i grep 'system-id', as below:

Maximilians-Pro:~ mheinrich$ ioreg -l | grep 'system-id'
| | | "subsystem-id" = <34850000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <00000000>
| | | | | "subsystem-id" = <10000000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <65840000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <34850000>
| | | "subsystem-id" = <34850000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <9f850000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <5f850000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <8d850000>
| | | | | "subsystem-id" = <00000000>
| | | | | "subsystem-id" = <9e850000>
| | | | | "subsystem-id" = <5c850000>
| | | | "subsystem-id" = <8d850000>
| | "subsystem-id" = <34850000>

Thanks for the quick reply.
The command <ioreg -l | grep '"system-id'> shows nothing.

@herrlee,

That will never find the key because the terminal command only searches the IOService Device tree by default. You need select the IODevceTree the find system-id under /EFI/Platform.

system-id.png

The only other possible explanation is that your manually injecting the Hardware (platform) UUID rather than the SmUUID in your clover config .... check the System Parameters page in Clover Configurator, if you have a value for 'Custom UUID' then it's likely that the check box for 'Inject system-id' is un-checked in this case Clover will over-ride OSX's generation of the Hardware UUID and replace it with the value you've specified in 'Custom UUID' ... this is not recommended as other services may try to generate their own special UUID by using the SmUUID rather than the Hardware UUID.

This issue was just discussed on the previous page in post #2228

Cheers
Jay

Back