Contribute
Register
To all that are having trouble with the error message "An error occurred during activation[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. Try again."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I too had this problem and read through post after post i got the jist of what i needed to do. The main thing you need to look at and use is that iMessenger_debug. I was getting all zero's in the ROM value. Reading i then need to inject a unique value as my ROM value.

i did this and soon as i tried to log in to messenger i got the message saying to contact apple with the 12
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]digit number for them to activate it.

BOSH it was fixed....only problem i have now is that my bonjour and jabber options in the message preferences have disappeared but as long as iMessage is working I'm not fussed.

[/FONT]

I experienced the same ROM zero values 000000-000000 as above. I injected the ethernet address values so it would be unique. After doing this I got the contact Apple screen. According to the guide, this means my iMessage is communicating with Apples server correctly but there is a block put on my account by Apple.

I rang Apple this morning with the error code to unblock my Apple ID but they were unable to help. I gave a valid SN from another Mac. They were very helpful but they could see the block on my account.

After the call I decided to create a new dummy Apple ID and login to iMessage to test out if iMessage is working correctly. The result was a new error code with the contact Apple statement.

Any ideas what to do next? I'm stumped :(

Jay,

I checked the Time Machine "Extra" folder files from last week, when iMessage was working, and all files match todays files....Should I start from scratch? I'm using MacPro3,1 so I'm thinking about changing that first to match my hardware. Right now my serial is only 11 digits and it should be 12 correct?

@JohnV,

Should be no needs to start from scratch, did you see my post here ....
Read step 5d, make sure your MLB & ROM are valid and persistent ....

I'm still not sure whats going on with the 11 digit v 12 digit S/N's those users who have quoted Apple support a 11 digit S/N have been told it should be 12 digits ?, how long is you current MLB 16 or 17 digits ? maybe its a bug in Chameleon Wizard ?, if you want to stick with Mac Pro 3,1 (or 6,1) you could try adding a random number to the S/N, would like feed back on this issue so i can update the guide with confirmed info for those with a 11 digit S/N.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember that you were using Mac Pro 6,1 ... but you had a 11 Digit S/N ? .... the latest version of Chameleon Wizard generates a 12 digit S/N using Mac Pro 6,1. I suspect that originally you had Mac Pro 3,1 (multibeast default) then at a later date you manually edited your SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 without updating the S/N. Mac Pro 3,1 has a S/N prefix of 'CO' where as Mac Pro 6,1 has a prefix of 'CK' this is very important, if you change one and not the other you will cause a S/N miss-match on your device, again this is all detailed in the guide Part-1, Step 3 ... I think many users have done this without understanding the ramifications thus causing the 11 digit v 12 digit issue ?.... i just wish people would read the guide then they would understand.

Please read the guide, all the info needed to fix these issues is there but for some reason many people are not reading it in its entirety so are not fully understanding the issues, I know its a very long guide but iMessage can be extremely frustrating to get working and can be effected by many different issues, steps 3 and 5 are the important ones when using Chameleon or Chimera.

Suggest you work through Step 3 and 5d then apply step 4 (all in Part-1 of the guide)

Try the above and let me know how you get on, suggest you disconnect from the internet as recommended in Steps 3 & 5 while trying to resolve these issues, that way Apple will not detect multiple changes while your working on it, once everything looks good connect and try iMessage, if you get the Contact Apple alert with a customer code try the method in Step-8, Part-2 of the guide to contact iMessage/AppleID support directly.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

I experienced the same ROM zero values 000000-000000 as above. I injected the ethernet address values so it would be unique. After doing this I got the contact Apple screen. According to the guide, this means my iMessage is communicating with Apples server correctly but there is a block put on my account by Apple.

I rang Apple this morning with the error code to unblock my Apple ID but they were unable to help. I gave a valid SN from another Mac. They were very helpful but they could see the block on my account.

Any ideas what to do next? I'm stumped :(

@interpolgp,

See my post to JohnV above and check your MLB & ROM values are persistent, if ok use the contact method in Step-8 - Part 2 of the guide. You may just have been unlucky, it would seem that some Apple support representatives are not fully aware of iMessage customer code / AppleID lockout issue.

Cheers
Jay

I have enabled 2FA long time ago, it does not affect iMessage as of today.

@Kris404,

Thats good to know, was wondering if it might help to negate the device authentication issue that a lot of iMessage users are seeing (Contact Apple with Customer Code), I believe that the Customer Code works in a similar fashion to 2FA in that it authenticates the device with the AppleID .... ?

Cheers
Jay

Today. My iMessages stop working. I do nothing. Everything untouched,... Just give me customer code to contact Apple Support. I can't log in to iMessages from my Hackintosh, but i can log in on my genuine Mac mini. Should i call to Apple Support or i can deal with it with some terminal or other tweaks? I'm using OS X 10.9.4 with Chameleon 2269. It isn't easier ran iMessage with Clover boot loader? If i have Chameleon 2380 with FileNVRAM in Extra i can't even boot,... i must delete FileNVRAM from Extra... but for now when i was on Chameleon 2269 iMessage working perfectly,... but today 5.9.2014 stopped working and give me Customer Code. What i should do? Should i wait for Yosemite release? For a while I can live without iMessage on my hackintosh... i still have iPhone. Thanks for help.

Today. My iMessages stop working. I do nothing. Everything untouched,... Just give me customer code to contact Apple Support.

@pienXo,

Read the guide, specifically Step 5d, check MLB & ROM values are valid and persistent. Once confirmed use Step 8 in part 2 of the guide to contact Apple Support, also check your S/N Prefix ('CO' 'CK') and System Type its very important that they match - See step 3.

Cheers
Jay

@pienXo,

Read the guide, specifically Step 5d, check MLB & ROM values are valid and persistent. Once confirmed use Step 8 in part 2 of the guide to contact Apple Support, also check your S/N Prefix ('CO' 'CK') and System Type its very important that they match - See step 3.

Cheers
Jay

I will try it when i will be on PC. But. Yesterday iMessage working without problem. I really do nothing. So i don't understand why this error show up. On my dads genuine Mac mini i can log in without any problems. But ok. I will try these step if some work. Thanks

Back