Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again.. could you please tell me what you changed in the xhc3 part?
well.... all different versions work equally fine.... it was really the USB portion causing the black screen hang on wake.
I would say... good to go.
Best, Michael

well.... all different versions work equally fine.... it was really the USB portion causing the black screen hang on wake.
I would say... good to go.
Best, Michael

with the USB portion you refer to

Code:
 Buffer (0x10)
 {
     /* 0000 */  0x81, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
     /* 0008 */  0x31, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}

instead of

Code:
Buffer (0x14)
{
     /* 0000 */  0x81, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
     /* 0008 */  0x31, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
     /* 0010 */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                   
}

or did you change something else?

The above seems to be some compilation error from dsl to aml, which must be fixed manually subsequently.

Please try new updated version available on Github. Please directly use aml version and do not compile dsl version.

Last edited:
hello kgp
thanks to your guide my hackintosh build is doing great except for 2 things which both are sleep related issues. and for the fact that i didnt use any dsdt replacements i decided to learn how to generate and patch my own motherboard dsdts so i have some questions :):
1.which parts should have dsdts for working perfectly ?
2.what is the newest and best way for generating and patching them ?
3.for the same mainboard modules like soundcard or wifi module can i use someone else ssdts like for example your ssdts ?
4.i have founded some guides and i linked them below but since they are not new articles so i thought maybe they are obsolete so its better to ask someone expert like u before using them.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-asus-rampage-v-extreme-x99-haswell-e.188171/
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...stallation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/

and i would be really appreciate if u can give me some good references like rehabman works for doing this perfectly.

hello kgp
thanks to your guide my hackintosh build is doing great except for 2 things which both are sleep related issues. and for the fact that i didnt use any dsdt replacements i decided to learn how to generate and patch my own motherboard dsdts so i have some questions :):
1.which parts should have dsdts for working perfectly ?
2.what is the newest and best way for generating and patching them ?
3.for the same mainboard modules like soundcard or wifi module can i use someone else ssdts like for example your ssdts ?
4.i have founded some guides and i linked them below but since they are not new articles so i thought maybe they are obsolete so its better to ask someone expert like u before using them.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-asus-rampage-v-extreme-x99-haswell-e.188171/
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...stallation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/

and i would be really appreciate if u can give me some good references like rehabman works for doing this perfectly.

All is already said and explained along my guide. If you do not want to follow my advises and implementations it shall be fine with me. However please do not expect me to provide any recommendations or even support in this direction. I see no need to refer to other’s work, as my approach is complete and works without restrictions, if properly implemented.

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
Reactions: GDS
u miss understood what i meant anyway... (maybe because of my english)
thanks for your guide and your time and have a nice day bro :thumbup:

Reactions: kgp
Hi @kgp

I have attached my efi folder, ioreg save and kexts i use in library/extensions. Just curious as to my implementation per your guide.

I do notice I do not have all USB ports showing, but it hasn't been a total concern as everything I have and use seems to work fine.

Thanks again for your awesome guide!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 83
  • jameski.ioreg
    17.1 MB · Views: 106
  • LibraryExtensions.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Hi @kgp

I have attached my efi folder, ioreg save and kexts i use in library/extensions. Just curious as to my implementation per your guide.

I do notice I do not have all USB ports showing, but it hasn't been a total concern as everything I have and use seems to work fine.

Thanks again for your awesome guide!

Any reason why you moved all kexts to /Library/Extensions/ instead of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

What is the function of SSDT-CPU.aml?

PCI drivers for LPCB and SMBS are usually not loaded on a real iMac Pro. SSDT-LPC0.aml, SSDT-SMBS.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml are therefore not part of my guide.

To properly implement all USB ports you might want to create a XHC USB kext following my respective guidelines..

Everything else looks properly implemented.

Good job!

Hi kgp

I replaced the Device part of XHC with this code:
Code:
                Device (XHC3)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                         
                            })
                        }

Store (Package (0x0A)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name",
                                Buffer (0x09)
                                {
                                    "Slot - 4"
                                },

"built-in",
                                Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00                                         
                                },

"device-id",
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0xB6, 0x15, 0x00, 0x00                       
                                },

"name",
                                Buffer (0x1B)
                                {
                                    "TBEX3 - USB 3.1 Controller"
                                },

"model",
                                Buffer (0x28)
                                {
                                    "ThunderboltEX 3 USB 3.1 Type-A & Type-C"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }

Just that section is different.
The rest is the same.
I do not understand why your version crashes and mine properly wakes from sleep.

Regards, Michael

Any reason why you moved all kexts to /Library/Extensions/ instead of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

What is the function of SSDT-CPU.aml?

PCI drivers for LPCB and SMBS are usually not loaded on a real iMac Pro. SSDT-LPC0.aml, SSDT-SMBS.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml are therefore not part of my guide.

To properly implement all USB ports you might want to create a XHC USB kext following my respective guidelines..

Everything else looks properly implemented.

Good job!

Some of those was from prior that I had(ssdtGen app). Have now purged SSDT-CPU.aml, SSDT-LPC0.aml, SSDT-SMBS.aml & SSDT-XOSI.aml and implemented new XHC USB kext per your respective guideline.

Had moved the kexts to /Library/Extensions based on a post from @RehabMan on this site *I believe*.

Anyways, I really appreciate the time you took viewing what I have and always your feedback! Attached is the new ioreg save. I can attach the newly created xhc usb kext if needed.

Attachments

• jameski.ioreg
    16.9 MB · Views: 85
Some of those was from prior that I had(ssdtGen app). Have now purged SSDT-CPU.aml, SSDT-LPC0.aml, SSDT-SMBS.aml & SSDT-XOSI.aml and implemented new XHC USB kext per your respective guideline.

Had moved the kexts to /Library/Extensions based on a post from @RehabMan on this site *I believe*.

Anyways, I really appreciate the time you took viewing what I have and always your feedback! Attached is the new ioreg save. I can attach the newly created xhc usb kext if needed.

XHCI seems now fully implemented now.

SSDT.aml generated by ssdtGen is obsolete and can be removed with PluginType checked in your config.plist in section ACPI of Clover Configurator.

Opposite to Rehabman, I do not see any need to have all kexts under /Library/Extensions/. The latter just complicates their use, modification and adaptation. I definitely prefer to have them in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other. However, up to your personal decision and taste..

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back