Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the IPG screenshot with CPU Idle and Load conditions, my friend?
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 9.13.36 a. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 9.09.47 a. m..png

a real catastrophe..

@DexterOX , I cannot access the files you apparently linked in post #2548..

Please implement and upload them directly here within a new post.

Thanks,

KGP

Edit: I also realised that you do not use my actual EFI-distribution or config.plist configuration. Please try the config.plist attached below, where you still need to complete the SMBIOS credentials i.e. adding serial number, board serial number and SmUUID.

Report back with new IPG results. Please also perform XCPM tests outlined under points 2.a) to 2.c) and under point 3.) of Section E.1) and report back with results.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
a real catastrophe..

Thanks,

KGP

Edit: I also realised that you do not use my actual EFI-distribution or config.plist configuration. Please try the config.plist attached below, where you still need to complete the SMBIOS credentials i.e. adding serial number, board serial number and SmUUID.

Report back with new IPG results. Please also perform XCPM tests outlined under points 2.a) to 2.c) and under point 3.) of Section E.1) and report back with results.
Thanks Friend, I have reviewed the link and it seems to work perfect for me, you can give it another look.
If I have all the complete information, just delete them from the config I sent you, but I can send you the complete info if you need it.

a real catastrophe..

Thanks,

KGP

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 9.54.31 a. m..png
Resultados .png

XCPM test, it's perfect.
This has never been a problem for me.
Maybe the error as you say is that AppleIntelInfo.kext does not show all my states.
Another problem that I have just discovered is that my PC wakes up alone after 3 hours of sleep.

View attachment 359418 View attachment 359419

XCPM test, it's perfect.
This has never been a problem for me.
Maybe the error as you say is that AppleIntelInfo.kext does not show all my states.
Another problem that I have just discovered is that my PC wakes up alone after 3 hours of sleep.

1.) With CPU Core Ratio set to Sync all Cores you also have to enable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement
2.) Please try modified config.plist attached to post #2551, where you still need to complete the SMBIOS credentials i.e. adding serial number, board serial number and SmUUID. Please report back with a new IPG screenshot, showing CPU Idle and Load conditions. Please also provide new Geekbench and Cinebench results.
3.) Sleep/Wake is a totally different issue and might work after implementing yet missing System SSDTs. To be addressed and discussed at a later moment.

That's all I can do for you for now..

Cheers, man!

KGP

1.) With CPU Core Ratio set to Sync all Cores you also have to enable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement
2.) Please try modified config.plist attached to post #2551, where you still need to complete the SMBIOS credentials i.e. adding serial number, board serial number and SmUUID. Please report back with a new IPG screenshot, showing CPU Idle and Load conditions. Please also provide new Geekbench and Cinebench results.
3.) Sleep/Wake is a totally different issue and might work after implementing yet missing System SSDTs. To be addressed and discussed at a later moment.

That's all I can do for you for now..

Cheers, man!

KGP

Using config supplied by you.
And change in BIOS ASUS MultiCore Enhancement, enabled.
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 11.34.31 a. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 11.37.23 a. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-21 a la(s) 11.38.05 a. m..png

Using config supplied by you.
And change in BIOS ASUS MultiCore Enhancement, enabled.
View attachment 359440 View attachment 359441 View attachment 359442

Results and performance look now quite reasonable for a 6 core CPU running at stock speed, isn't it? I would not know what else to improve. XCPM also fully works following your results for CPU Power, CPU Frequency and CPU Utilisation.

Based on your current CPU temps under Cinebench CPU max. load conditions, there seems a lot of margin to further increase your current CPU frequency (OC) in your BIOS settings for obtaining improved benchmark results. Cpu Core Ratio Limit is currently set to "Auto", which means your CPU will make 3.7GHz at most. Start with a Cpu Core Ratio Limit of 37 and carefully increase stepwise the Cpu Core Ratio Limit to e.g. 38, 39, 40, etc. until your temps reach around 80 deg C under Cinebench max. load conditions.

You could also enable the XMP RAM profile and manually implement the adequate DRAM Frequency. This might further improve your current Benchmark results.

Good luck,

KGP

Results and performance look now quite reasonable for a 6 core CPU running at stock speed, isn't it? I would not know what else to improve. XCPM also fully works following your results for CPU Power, CPU Frequency and CPU Utilisation.

Based on your current CPU temps under Cinebench CPU max. load conditions, there seems a lot of margin to further increase your current CPU frequency (OC) in your BIOS settings for obtaining improved benchmark results. Cpu Core Ratio Limit is currently set to "Auto", which means your CPU will make 3.7GHz at most. Start with a Cpu Core Ratio Limit of 37 and carefully increase stepwise the Cpu Core Ratio Limit to e.g. 38, 39, 40, etc. until your temps reach around 80 deg C under Cinebench max. load conditions.

You could also enable the XMP RAM profile and manually implement the adequate DRAM Frequency. This might further improve your current Benchmark results.

Good luck,

KGP
Of course I do not have any OC setting right now, my question was about why I have very few states in AppleIntelInfo when other users and you also have three times as many states in comparison to me.

I can see that your CPUs P-States [(12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...
But I have CPU P-States [(12) 24 25 26 .... never lower states.
At the moment I am happy because I have XCPM working.
But I had that doubt, does this imply any problem? or I can live with this.

It's a pity that no other user with similar or similar hardware shares their results, or someone else with a 5930k that shares their CPU states.

Thanks for the help.

Changing the subject, the problem of my PC waking up at 3 o'clock, can I solve it with the SSDT of your repository?
My PC sleeps like a baby, only wakes up frightened by nightmares at 3 o'clock, hahaha a little humor.

Of course I do not have any OC setting right now, my question was about why I have very few states in AppleIntelInfo when other users and you also have three times as many states in comparison to me.

I can see that your CPUs P-States [(12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...
But I have CPU P-States [(12) 24 25 26 .... never lower states.
At the moment I am happy because I have XCPM working.
But I had that doubt, does this imply any problem? or I can live with this.

It's a pity that no other user with similar or similar hardware shares their results, or someone else with a 5930k that shares their CPU states.

Thanks for the help.

Changing the subject, the problem of my PC waking up at 3 o'clock, can I solve it with the SSDT of your repository?
My PC sleeps like a baby, only wakes up frightened by nightmares at 3 o'clock, hahaha a little humor.

You can perfectly with XCPM as currently implemented. Don't worry about the P-states indicated by AppleIntelInfo.. if you execute AppleIntelInfo just a few times one after the other, you might also find more P-states. Nothing to worry about at all.

Did you disable power nap in your Energy Saver settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back