Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also very helpful info... so you would recommend to go for the Alpine Ridge then?
With about 50 euros relatively reasonable.

Sorry for being so persistent..... without asking for any support on sorting out the details.... would you still have a previous version of the SSDT around I could test... if it also fails I will purchase the Alpine Ridge Card.

Regards, Michael

Last edited:
Also very helpful info... so you would recommend to go for the Alpine Ridge then?
With about 50 euros relatively reasonable.
Regards, Michael

Well I expect the Alpine Ridge to work as expected and described also on X99. I would purchase it somewhere, where you can easily return it in case you would not be content with its performance or function on your particular system, i.e minimising the risk of loosing any money... following my personal experience, Amazon is a good choice at least here in Germany.

Good luck,

KGP

I will give it a last try this evening.... will update the firmware (there is actually a update from a year back) and see if it does anything and report back.
If that fails I will go for the Alpine Ridge.
Do you happen to have a legacy SSDT you can share from a older installation?

Vielen Dank
Michael

I will give it a last try this evening.... will update the firmware (there is actually a update from a year back) and see if it does anything and report back.
If that fails I will go for the Alpine Ridge.
Do you happen to have a legacy SSDT you can share from a older installation?

Vielen Dank
Michael

What do you mean by Legacy SSDT?

Let me once more verify the GC-Alpine Ridge with my actual TB-SSDT on the X99-A II. I will report back as soon I am 100% sure that everything really works as expected also on X99.

Could well be that the latest beta BIOS suddenly introduces issues with TB-adaptors.. Let's see and wait..

Will I hope not.... will with legacy ssdt I mean one of your previous versions of ssdt you used with the TBEX3 card
With previous versions of my TB-SSDT it was proven to work
That is why I asked about previous version ssdt, when you still used the TBEX3

Regards, Michael

Will I hope not.... will with legacy ssdt I mean one of your previous versions of ssdt you used with the TBEX3 card

That is why I asked about previous version ssdt, when you still used the TBEX3

Regards, Michael

Honestly all recent TB tests I performed on X299. I hardly use my X99 system.

Please be patient and wait until I finish my currently ongoing X99 testing. It might take some time. I will let you know as soon I have results.

The current tests are however GC-Alpine Ridge only! I will not change back to the TBEX 3 adapter and do some additional testing also for this adapter. Such testing you can perform by yourself subsequently...

If you want to test former TB SSDTs in the meanwhile, search for respective posts along this thread.

Major Revision of X99 SSDTs

Major Revision of X99 SSDTs now available on Github.

1.) Removal of _PRW dependency from most SSDTs.

2.) Unification and modification of TB-SSDTs to SSDT-X99-TB3HP.aml.

3.) GC-Alpine Ridge ASUS X99-A II BIOS settings:

TB_Settings.png

4.) SSDT-X99-TB3HP.aml 100% verified with GC-Alpine Ridge and Asus X99-A II.

New sensational results:

a.) TB and USB-C HotPlug with THB_C connected!
b.) Fully sleep/wake functionality

SSDT-X99-TB3HP.aml now should be also compatible with TBEX 3 and GC-Titan Ridge. Please test, verify and report back if possible.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Last edited:
@michaeljeger ,

please have a look to post #2505, adopt and implement all modified SSDTs and report back about TBEX 3 HotPlug and Sleep/Wake functionality.

Still I don't know what is exactly your issue when using AptioMemoryFix.efi! Please describe in detail..

Thanks,

KGP
I will try again to explain my problem.

I can not get my NVRAM working, the method that was always used was EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover RC Scripts in addition to Clover for boards with Non-Native NVRAM.

But now you guide indicates that there is no need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover RC Scripts and you advise uninstalling it, because AptioMemoryFix.efi now makes a native NVRAM possible.

But in my case and with my RAMPAGE V EXTREME this does not happen, AptioMemoryFix.efi does not seem to write and save anything in the NVRAM.
Code:
Last login: Tue Oct  9 09:06:53 on console
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$ sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$ sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$

When I restart my PC, NVRAM does not remember anything, therefore I do not have nvram working.

I hope now you understand what my problem is.

I hope that other users with this same motherboard can also help me and tell me how they did to obtrener nvram working.

Thanks @kgp I hope you can understand my problem this time.

I will try again to explain my problem.

I can not get my NVRAM working, the method that was always used was EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover RC Scripts in addition to Clover for boards with Non-Native NVRAM.

But now you guide indicates that there is no need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover RC Scripts and you advise uninstalling it, because AptioMemoryFix.efi now makes a native NVRAM possible.

But in my case and with my RAMPAGE V EXTREME this does not happen, AptioMemoryFix.efi does not seem to write and save anything in the NVRAM.
Code:
Last login: Tue Oct  9 09:06:53 on console
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$ sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$ sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'
Dexter-iMac-Pro:~ dx$

When I restart my PC, NVRAM does not remember anything, therefore I do not have nvram working.

I hope now you understand what my problem is.

I hope that other users with this same motherboard can also help me and tell me how they did to obtrener nvram working.

Thanks @kgp I hope you can understand my problem this time.

Yes now I understand what you mean. However, I don’t know if everything should be as you think.

Fact is that AptioMemoryFix.efi manages memory allication at boot. It further substitutes EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and allows you to successfully login to icloud, imessage and facetime. Does the latter also work in your case?

I am not sure about the validity of your current test. Maybe somebody else can comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back