Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of HWMonitor are you using? Remove the board sensor kext and report back if this resolves your issue.
Sorry for this dumb question which of these is the board sensor kext?
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
PMDrvr.kext
And I am using HWMonitorSMC2

Ok enabled, no change whatsoever. I have a ASUS Rampage V Extreme Mobo. Should I be using Reltek ALC1150 or VoodooHDA kexts?

You can get native support (no patched AppleHDA and no VoddoHDA). I have it with the same motherboard. used this:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_cloverALC

together with layout 1 in Clover an ResetHDA is checked

when run, the script (audio_cloverALC-130.command) adds a CodecCommander.kext as well as AppleALC.kext to your Clover/kext folder

Works perfectly (no lag, no jerky sounds) and it survived the last 2 macOS upgrades

Hi KGP
please check my X99 EFI
Why sleep not yet?
Thanks.

EFI.zip

Hello All

thanks to @kgp to be so active and pro.
time for me to come back to a hack after a super long time of illness, and the fact i changed my GPU: Aorus 1080Ti
(my 2 titan X, didnt allowed me to install X.13 before, X.13 hates 2 graphic cards installed)
look like i lost decades of informations as i need to re-read the step by step method again :)

So far i have 2 questions:
1/ I have a NVMe on my rig which will be used for installation, right now windows on it, do i need to go to a X.12 installation to create a EFI part on it or i can go directly from the old installation of Win. (as X.12 allowed me to do it)?
2/ you use macpro 6.1 as usual for the installation
but the X99-II dlx/A and a broadwell E/EP doesnt allow to install imacpro 1,1? (only skylake-x and xeon-w?)

thx again

Hi KGP
please check my X99 EFI
Why sleep not yet?
Thanks.

EFI.zip

Hi @nmano,

Hmmm.. what is exactly your sleep/wake issue?? Did you try Pikes Sleep/Wake debugging?

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 19.48.46.png

As you see above, I also still miss the PMStatusCode entry in IOREG.

You also have a quite different XHC USB implementation, when compared with mine.. Might this be the source of your problems?

Can you look my IOREG
I don't see this

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/IOPMrootDomain/PMStatusCode

Attachments

• navaratnam’s Mac Pro (3).ioreg
    17.1 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: kgp
Can you look my IOREG
I don't see this

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/IOPMrootDomain/PMStatusCode

I also don't find it in my IOREG, although sleep/wake just works fine in my case. I don't know how to enable or inject it. But following Pike it should be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back