Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this dumb question which of these is the board sensor kext?
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
PMDrvr.kext
And I am using HWMonitorSMC2
@kgp
sorry but i think you missed this comment :shifty:

@kgp
sorry but i think you missed this comment :shifty:

If I correctly remember, it is the FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext. If it's removal does not help, try to remove all FakeSMC Sensors.

Again my question. Which HWSensor Package are you using?

If I correctly remember, it is the FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext. If it's removal does not help, try to remove all FakeSMC Sensors.

Again my question. Which HWSensor Package are you using?
Oh, I am using HWMonitorSMC2. I had replied to this in the last line of my last comment I think you did not recognize it.
Sorry

@kgp Removing FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext worked. now what should i do? :roll2:

I have this Gigabyte GC Alpine ridge.

Which also has an XHC USB onboard controller, isn't it ;) That one I meant.

EDIT:

You know what I was thinking? ..

With my Skylake-X/X299 system, I faced random wake form sleep with unpatched BIOS 1301. After patching the BIOS with the patches of interferenc, sleep/wake works flawless. The same states for my X99 system with the respective firmware patches.

Might your sleep issues be related with the unpatched GB BIOS firmware? OSX writing something to the MSR register which is not open for system write access?

Which also has an XHC USB onboard controller, isn't it ;) That one I meant.
I don't have 3.1
My Motherboard is X99gamingG1wifi

Reactions: kgp
I don't have 3.1
My Motherboard is X99gamingG1wifi

But the Alpine Ridge supports 2x USB 3.1 Type-C...

BTW... Did you see my edit of post #1684??

I know that GB firmware has the MSR register open for system write by default. But also within ASUS BIOS 1301, one can manually unlock the MSR register for system write now. However some register regions, important for sleep/wake still seem to be closed for system write, which apparently causes the system to randomly wake from sleep.

Only after patching the firmware and unlocking the entire MSR region, sleep/wake perfectly works on my system...

The firmware patch also removes apparent TSC issues with Skylake-X, which remain present on unpatched ASUS, GB, MSI, or ASRock Hardware...

Do you understand what I mean?

Also my ASUS X99-A II is patched and sleep/wake works flawless..

Please find attached here my actual SSDT-X99-iMacPro.aml for testing. Yet I have to implement the TBEX 3, which formerly I used on my X299 system.

Attachments

• SSDT-X99-iMacPro.aml.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back