Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, KGP.

I followed your guide to upgrade my hackintosh system to macOS 10.13.4. Everything was fine, but I found that my cpu overclocking and frequency conversion didn't work. I consulted other players and they also encountered this problem. My hackintosh configuration is - ASUS X99M-WS, i7 6800k, RX580. The accessory is a test score of 10.12.6 system and 10.13.4 system. I tried different patches. Unfortunately, they didn't work.
E5CF8A1D-FFCD-4634-887C-B1BE1B3E6895.jpg

Untitled.png

@kgp I just follow your guide to upgrade my X99-A to 10.13.4, and I have applied 10.13.4 apsf.efi, 10.13.4 USB port limit patch and 10.13.4 HDAU KextToPatch entry.
It seem all functions are in good operation, but, I cannot make any sound thru Nvidia GTX980 to my LG display thru DP port. Thus, I can get the sound before applying 10.13.4

I can only get the sound back when I install this kext. Not sure whether I miss some points in your upgrade steps:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-7#post-1718040

Any advice on it?
Louie

@kgp I just follow your guide to upgrade my X99-A to 10.13.4, and I have applied 10.13.4 apsf.efi, 10.13.4 USB port limit patch and 10.13.4 HDAU KextToPatch entry.
It seem all functions are in good operation, but, I cannot make any sound thru Nvidia GTX980 to my LG display thru DP port. Thus, I can get the sound before applying 10.13.4

I can only get the sound back when I install this kext. Not sure whether I miss some points in your upgrade steps:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-7#post-1718040

Any advice on it?
Louie

Maybe with the Maxwell GPU you need a different HDAU patch?

Can I get rid of CUDA afterwards? ;)

If so and if you tell me how, I can do the test. I also would need a small guideline in how to install the correct cuda version.

In my personal opinion, metal 2 is much more powerful then cuda for most applications. I would mostly expect advantages with cuda in number crunching.

Hi @kgp ,

Recently, I find that OpenCL computation also causes freezes on my machine. And mine is quite similar to yours and follows your instructions given by this post.

In my machine, LuxMark stress test mode will freeze my screens in about more or less 1 hour. So, I was wondering do you have time to try it?

You can get LuxMark via "brew cask install luxmark", it is a well-known OpenCL benchmark, and you can also provide the results of the benchmark section of this post to enrich it.

Thanks so much!

@kgp
Hello, KGP.
I followed your guide to upgrade my hackintosh system to macOS 10.13.4. Everything was fine, but I found that my cpu overclocking and frequency conversion didn't work. I consulted other players and they also encountered this problem. My hackintosh configuration is - ASUS X99M-WS, i7 6800k, RX580. The accessory is a test score of 10.12.6 system and 10.13.4 system. I tried different patches. Unfortunately, they didn't work.
E5CF8A1D-FFCD-4634-887C-B1BE1B3E6895.jpg

Untitled.png

Hi @kgp ,

Recently, I find that OpenCL computation also causes freezes on my machine. And mine is quite similar to yours and follows your instructions given by this post.

In my machine, LuxMark stress test mode will freeze my screens in about more or less 1 hour. So, I was wondering do you have time to try it?

You can get LuxMark via "brew cask install luxmark", it is a well-known OpenCL benchmark, and you can also provide the results of the benchmark section of this post to enrich it.

Thanks so much!

I never found any issues when performing a LuxMark stress test... See section F.2) for results..

I think it is time to revise and check you overall system configuration ;)

Good luck,

KGP

@kgp
Hello, KGP.
I followed your guide to upgrade my hackintosh system to macOS 10.13.4. Everything was fine, but I found that my cpu overclocking and frequency conversion didn't work. I consulted other players and they also encountered this problem. My hackintosh configuration is - ASUS X99M-WS, i7 6800k, RX580. The accessory is a test score of 10.12.6 system and 10.13.4 system. I tried different patches. Unfortunately, they didn't work.View attachment 322479 10.12.6

View attachment 322480

Which core ratio do you apply in your BIOS settings? Did you properly configure pike alphas ssdt.aml (max. turbo value)? Did you enable the OC jumper on the mainboard.

If so, everything should work as expected. The same states for all of your players with similar issues.

Cheers,

KGP

@kgp
I set up sync all cores in bios using ssdt.aml,and enable the OC jumper on the mainboard.
The macOS 10.12.6 system is normal.

@kgp
Maybe you should try cinebench r15 test at 10.13.4
Not surprisingly, the score will be reduced.

@kgp
I set up sync all cores in bios using ssdt.aml,and enable the OC jumper on the mainboard.
The macOS 10.12.6 system is normal.

How can you set up sync all cores in BIOS using ssdt.aml?

Once more my question:

1.) What is the max. turbo core ratio you define in the BIOS?

2.) Do you consider the max. turbo frequency when compiling the ssdt.aml, e.g. "./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back