Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGB !
I installed Mac OS Sierra and later MacOS High Sierra succeeded by your direction. I can not install version 10.13.1 because it will end up on the image. I'm using your EFI EFI-X99-10.13.1-Release-011117
I have : ASUS X99-A II, 32GB RAM, CPU i7 5960X, GTX 970

help me please or send the EFI for my configuration

Many THANX

Are you getting stuck on the screen that you posted? Try enabling KernelPM, I had that issue and enabling that worked for me.

HI kgp!! Thank you very much for the guide! I got everything.

Attachments

• -Fdt3ysI_SQ.jpg
    -Fdt3ysI_SQ.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kgp
Hi @kgp, thanks for your detailed guide. I have updated my hackintosh from 10.12 to 10.13.
I have two questions for now:
1) I've receive a eficheck error message. Is there any way to avoid such check or we just ignore it time by time.
2) I noted that there are many items on your photo about HWMonitor, but on my side, there are only cpu temp. How can I get other monitoring items.

Thanks so much.

Are you getting stuck on the screen that you posted? Try enabling KernelPM, I had that issue and enabling that worked for me.

Thank you for your advice, I went further. The installation stops here now. Do you know anyone to advise?

Attachments

• 2017-11-14 20.00.44.jpg
    2017-11-14 20.00.44.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 141
Hi @kgp, thanks again for your detailed guide. I've installed my 10.13.1 on a configuration which is quite similar to yours, and it normally runs for a while. While, after a restart, it failed on the boot and kept restart and repeat same error time by time.

The error message appears and rolls over fast so that it is not easy to capture a clear photo to show the exceptions.

It seems that it is related to E.2) Audio Configuration about AppleALC and Lilu.

I have done nothing on your released EFI package about E.2 (my configuration is exactly same as yours except CPU and GPU's band, 6800k and Zotac 1080ti, respectively). And after the MacOS installation, the sound normally works (I use Dell Soundbar – AC511, it is a USB speaker and works quite well on my previous 10.12 Hackintosh guided by yours). Which means that I can switch the output device to USB speaker and it works normally.

About the panic on boot after a manual restart, do you have any comments?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• WX20171115-145244.png
    WX20171115-145244.png
    2 MB · Views: 138
Would you mind sharing your EFI folder again please? and also could you please check trough apple intel info kext your output for C1 C3 states if u have them?

That's my EFI folder.

oops ... not enabled ... I think I have some job to do this weekend ... 1) upgrade to 10.13.1, 2) enable C1&C3 :Q
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.

Settings:
------------------------------------------
logMSRs..................................: 1
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1
InitialTSC...............................: 0x56085d99183ea (65804 MHz)
MWAIT C-States...........................: 8480

Processor Brandstring....................: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2696 v3 @ 2.30GHz

Processor Signature..................... : 0x306F2
- Family............................... : 6
- Stepping............................. : 2
- Model................................ : 0x3F (63)

Model Specific Registers (MSRs)

MSR_IA32_PLATFORM_ID.............(0x17) : 0x0
- Processor Flags...................... : 0

MSR_CORE_THREAD_COUNT............(0x35) : 0x120024
- Core Count........................... : 18
- Thread Count......................... : 36

MSR_PLATFORM_INFO................(0xCE) : 0x20080C33F3811700
- Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio.............. : 0x17 (2300 MHz)
- Ratio Limit for Turbo Mode........... : 1 (programmable)
- TDP Limit for Turbo Mode............. : 1 (programmable)
- Low Power Mode Support............... : 1 (LPM supported)
- Number of ConfigTDP Levels........... : 1 (additional TDP level(s) available)
- Maximum Efficiency Ratio............. : 12
- Minimum Operating Ratio.............. : 8

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.......(0xE2) : 0x8402
- I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
- CFG Lock............................. : 1 (MSR locked until next reset)
- C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C3 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- C1 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
- Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 94
Hi @kgp, thanks again for your detailed guide. I've installed my 10.13.1 on a configuration which is quite similar to yours, and it normally runs for a while. While, after a restart, it failed on the boot and kept restart and repeat same error time by time.

The error message appears and rolls over fast so that it is not easy to capture a clear photo to show the exceptions.

It seems that it is related to E.2) Audio Configuration about AppleALC and Lilu.

I have done nothing on your released EFI package about E.2 (my configuration is exactly same as yours except CPU and GPU's band, 6800k and Zotac 1080ti, respectively). And after the MacOS installation, the sound normally works (I use Dell Soundbar – AC511, it is a USB speaker and works quite well on my previous 10.12 Hackintosh guided by yours). Which means that I can switch the output device to USB speaker and it works normally.

About the panic on boot after a manual restart, do you have any comments?

Thanks so much!

Try Lilu.ext v1.1.7, AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and (if you use) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.1.3 instead. You can also use the 1.2.1 versions of the tow or three files attached to my Skylake-X/X299 10.13 Desktop Guide.

Hi @kgp, thanks for your detailed guide. I have updated my hackintosh from 10.12 to 10.13.
I have two questions for now:
1) I've receive a eficheck error message. Is there any way to avoid such check or we just ignore it time by time.
2) I noted that there are many items on your photo about HWMonitor, but on my side, there are only cpu temp. How can I get other monitoring items.

Thanks so much.

1.) which eficheck error?
2.) do you use the fakesmc and senser kexts implemented in my EFI folder? These kexts should deliver the entire set of HW parameters.

Sorry, I am not a EFI-Folder manufacturer and only you know your detailed system specs. Try to carefully read and follow the guide and loose your knot.

Good luck!

Success Problem solved, I used other USB sticks

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back