Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KGP, I posted a few weeks ago about all my RAM not showing up. It says 1 stick is missing. I did a clean reinstall of 10.13.1 that didn't work. It's reported correctly in my BIOS and in 10.12.6. I tried swapping sticks. No luck on that. I ran MemTest it reported no errors. I tried using memory from another machine, no luck either.

Any ideas on what I could be missing?

Not even one idea... sorry

Whatever you do else it would help more than to write 3 lines...

I understand, I can successfully boot the system and I have completed all guide sections to include section E.6) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration with a 10.13.1. clean insatall. My Logitic USB mouse is lagging and I experience random screen freezing after 10 - 15 minutes of logging into the system. If I try to change my ASUS ROG PG348Q display's refresh rate above 60 Hertz the system freezes. I was also able to successfully establish G-SYNC setting with the GTX - 980 and CUDA.

I understand, I can successfully boot the system and I have completed all guide sections to include section E.6) Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration with a 10.13.1. clean insatall. My Logitic USB mouse is lagging and I experience random screen freezing after 10 - 15 minutes of logging into the system. If I try to change my ASUS ROG PG348Q display's refresh rate above 60 Hertz the system freezes. I was also able to successfully establish G-SYNC setting with the GTX - 980 and CUDA.

Why don’t you write to Nvidia?

Hi kgp, I would like to update to 10.13.1. My current setup is working perfectly but you mention some steps like uninstall the Nvidia web drivers before upgrading and the method A) for black screen error prevention no longer works. Can you please provide a step-by-step guide on how to go from 10.13 to 10.13.1? Thanks!

Hi kgp, I would like to update to 10.13.1. My current setup is working perfectly but you mention some steps like uninstall the Nvidia web drivers before upgrading and the method A) for black screen error prevention no longer works. Can you please provide a step-by-step guide on how to go from 10.13 to 10.13.1? Thanks!

There is a step-by-step guideline already included in my guide! I really don't know what to add else! Aren't you just simply able to make a backup of your system disk before upgrading to 10.13.1??? Instead of committing this tiny effort for having a profound and settled fallback option in case of errors, you ask me to add something which is already there and to further commit totally unnecessary work at my side? Jesus!

Screen Shot 2560-11-12 at 21.27.58.png
Another success of my installation following your guide. Thanks a lot, Professor. Hackintosh world can't live without such an expert like you.

Reactions: kgp
Hi KGB !
I installed Mac OS Sierra and later MacOS High Sierra succeeded by your direction. I can not install version 10.13.1 because it will end up on the image. I'm using your EFI EFI-X99-10.13.1-Release-011117
I have : ASUS X99-A II, 32GB RAM, CPU i7 5960X, GTX 970

help me please or send the EFI for my configuration

Many THANX

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
Hi KGB !
I installed Mac OS Sierra and later MacOS High Sierra succeeded by your direction. I can not install version 10.13.1 because it will end up on the image. I'm using your EFI EFI-X99-10.13.1-Release-011117
I have : ASUS X99-A II, 32GB RAM, CPU i7 5960X, GTX 970

help me please or send the EFI for my configuration

Many THANX

Sorry, I am not a EFI-Folder manufacturer and only you know your detailed system specs. Try to carefully read and follow the guide and loose your knot.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, I ask for help. So far I have always done it, but I do not know how to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back