Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have an ASUS x99 Deluxe and e5 2658V3 QS gtx 1060(or 1080 or 1080ti) . I created a USB flash drive. booted, configured. Could start the installation. But! after the first reboot hangs on the moment gIOScreenLockState, 3. But USB boot success.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I do not speak English, sorry. Translator only.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 66
Hello! I have an ASUS x99 Deluxe and e5 2658V3 QS gtx 1060(or 1080 or 1080ti) . I created a USB flash drive. booted, configured. Could start the installation. But! after the first reboot hangs on the moment gIOScreenLockState, 3. But USB boot success.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I do not speak English, sorry. Translator only.

After first reboot during or after the MacOS Installation? Did you install the Nvdida Web Driver? Apparently you use black screen prevention b.) Did you try to use Method a.) instead?

After first reboot
the installation does not end .. so I understand the driver needs to be installed when the system is installed and booted for the first time .. I think I configured the config badly

Last edited:
After first reboot
the installation does not end .. so I understand the driver needs to be installed when the system is installed and booted for the first time .. I think I configured the config badly

How do you perform the second boot within the macOS Installation? By the way, your SMBIOS is incomplete... you will run into problems when registering in iCloud. Else your EFI looks o.k.

not enough SmUUID?
During the second installation, I booted again with a USB flash drive and select as the boot drive on which the installation of the system began.

not enough SmUUID?
During the second installation, I booted again with a USB flash drive and select as the boot drive on which the installation of the system began.

Yes the SmUUID is missing.

in the second step you have to boot the macOS Install partition on your System disk with the EFI-Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer. Note that opposite to the EF-Folder on your System Disk, the EFI Folder on your USB Flash Drive Installer should not contain EmuVariableUefi-64.efi!

Bad news! Your onboard graphics chip seems not to support 10.13... You will probably have to buy a graphics card, that supports 10.13. Try to remove lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext from the EFI-Folder of your USB Flash Drive Installer. If this does not help, a start-of-the-art graphics card will be unavoidable.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

That is, I still need to do somehow the EFI section also on the system disk ?.

I did not understand a little with EmuVariableUefi-64.if I need to delete it altogether?
My board does not have a built-in video .. can not I install having 1060 only?

Thank you for the detailed answer!

That is, I still need to do somehow the EFI section also on the system disk ?.

I did not understand a little with EmuVariableUefi-64.if I need to delete it altogether?
My board does not have a built-in video .. can not I install having 1060 only?

a.) please update your X99 System Specs in your profile or signature (mobo, cpu, gpu)! Otherwise I am not able to provide adequate support!
b.) A GTX 1060 should work indeed. However, in your profile you state that you use geforce 9300/730i! If you also have onboard graphics, disable the latter int he BIOS.
c.) Of course you need the EFI-Folder also on your System Disk. Otherwise the latter will be unbootable!
d.) I mistook the thread, the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi indeed is not required with SMBIOS macPro6,1 on X99, neither in the EFI-Folder on the USB Flash Drive Installer nor in the EFI-Folder on the System Disk.

Please carefully read my respective instructions! I am sure you will find a way to translate my guide to your language.

Good luck and all the best,

KGP

A) ok
B) moherboard asus x99 deluxe
C)in the guide not see about system drive efi.
D)update the guide?
Once again I will ask my folder is correct for a successful installation?
smuuid i remember

A) ok
B) moherboard asus x99 deluxe
C)in the guide not see about system drive efi.
D)update the guide?
Once again I will ask my folder is correct for a successful installation?
smuuid i remember

The guide clearly describes the necessity of the EFI-Folder on the System Disk! No guide update necessary!

Despite the missing smuuid, your EFI-Folder seems ready for the MacOS Installation. However, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ directory of your USB Flash Drive Installer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back