Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important news for @ALL Nvidia users!

Apparently, Nvidia removed the flag for SIP Security in the new Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver Package. Therefore, the new Web Driver apparently can be also installed with SIP disabled (CsrActiveConfig = 0x67).

Note that finally I did not either apply any Black Screen Prevention.

When applying Black Screen Prevention Method A. (AGDPFix.app), the system was unbootable under 10.13.1. Thus, in case you really still need a Black Screen Prevention, directly apply Method B.!

I will await your user estimated user feedback and subsequently modify my guide accordingly.

Good luck and enjoy :thumbup:

kgp.png

Correction of my former statements concerning ASUS "MultiCore Enhancement" and ASUS "Sync All Cores" BIOS Functionality, certainly important for @ALL!

Please note that in contradiction to my previous statements, the Geekbench performance boost is not related to the "ASUS Multi Core Enhancement" but rather to the ASUS only "Sync All Cores" BIOS Functionality. These are still excellent news for all ASUS boarders but very bad news for all users of mainboard brands different from ASUS, which lack the latter ASUS only BIOS functionality in their mainboard BIOS. The performance boost by the "ASUS Multi Core Functionality" appears in contrary to former statements however just marginal.

kgp.png

Did you try it without any black screen fix?

Yes I did. That resulted in black screen as well. I figured out the problem though: two monitors. I have one monitor running out a DPI port and one running out the DVI port. Pulled the DVI monitor and I got it to boot just fine. Now I need to check if the DVI monitor alone will function.

EDIT: the first black screen didn't even activate either monitor. The second black screen (post black screen fix B.) resulted in the DVI monitor activating but staying black.

Yes I did. That resulted in black screen as well. I figured out the problem though: two monitors. I have one monitor running out a DPI port and one running out the DVI port. Pulled the DVI monitor and I got it to boot just fine. Now I need to check if the DVI monitor alone will function.

EDIT: the first black screen didn't even activate either monitor. The second black screen (post black screen fix B.) resulted in the DVI monitor activating but staying black.

Black Screen Prevention Method A.) does not work anymore under 10.13.1! Method B.) should! I did neither need Method A.) nor Method B.). Just the Web Driver installation with SIP disabled was sufficient. When applying Black Screen Prevention Method A.) before, my system was unbootable. Solution: Reinstallation of macOS 10.13.1.

I deleted the usb 3 pci card cos i don t have it but the wifi card I have and it's in the same pci slot as u have it same results/
I ll upload my EFI AND IOREG maybe u can take a look at them

a.) Is it so difficult to exactly implement my ACPI Table? You have DSDT Replacement patches I don't use at all!! Thus it is not surprising that SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml does not work at all!

b.) You use a DSDT.aml you should not use at all!!!

c.) You use a SSDT1.aml you should not use at all!!

d.) You use a SSDT2.aml you should not use at all!!!

e.) In Section "Devices" of Clover Configurator uncheck all USB entries and inject Audio ID "7" instead of "1"!!!!!!

f.) Boot-flags "xcpm" and "kext-devmode=1", as well as "-igfxbeta", "-alcbeta" and "-lilubeta" are obsolete!

g.) Side note: your KernelToPtach entries are a total mess...

x.) Try to disable unnecessary XCPM patches in concordance with my instructions and distributed EFI-Folder!​
xx.) Try to arrange the order of the KernelToPatch entries that one is able to compare your patches with mine!​
xxx.)Don't use MatchOS entries as clearly indicated in my guide, neither in case of KernelToPatch nor KextToPatch entries!​
ix.) uncheck KernelPM​
For the PCI controller implementation, just use exactly my DSDT Replacement Patches, the SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml and your ssdt.aml for XCPM, nothing else!!!! The ssdt for the NVme external icon fix you can add later. Don't use any other DSDT Replacement patches or aml-files!!!!!!!!

If the SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml still does not properly work, use the minimal am-file attached below and start stepwise adding devices, once yet implemented devices already work and correctly appear under "PCI" in Apple's System Report!

If you don't follow my advices, don't be surprised that the entire approach does not work! Either you do everything as described or I will not further provide you with my support. Please don't ask me to just waste my time...

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II-minimal.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Run 10.13 for 1 week or more (fresh re-installment with data migration from 10.12.6 disk), everything works perfect!

Except one small problem:
- I can't boot into system with 2 4K monitors connected at once though DP & HDMI, I need to remove one and plug another one after boot into GUI, will try to buy one extra GTX1070 to see if this helps (right now is one GTX970).

10.13 now runs as fast as 10.12.6!

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Run 10.13 for 1 week or more (fresh re-installment with data migration from 10.12.6 disk), everything works perfect!

Except one small problem:
- I can't boot into system with 2 4K monitors plugged DP & HDMI, will try to buy one extra GTX1070 to see if this helps (right now is one GTX970)

10.13 now runs as fast as 10.12.6!
Did you change the microcode of the processor to 39?
I want to see your result and EFI.
I took your for a basis. Here is my result.

Attachments

• Архив.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 77
Is it possible to boot USB also from VM Ware whit Os X 10.12 Sierra?? Thanks

I would really stay with the config.plist I sent you before and try to arrange the rest... Don't implement again your earlier mess..

This config.plist shall be fine, also for your CPU! The rest are likely missing BIOS settings! Also check your XCPM functionality as indicated and clearly described in my guide.

Sorry to ask, but I am trying to update from 10.12.6 to 10.13 and when trying to boot with your EFI, I get only a blinking cursor. May you please help me to resolve this little issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back