Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. How to verify that ?

Have a look at "Graphics/Displays" in Apple's "System Report" under "About this Mac" ...

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 13.54.41.png

@kgp Im on my 10+ install and i got everything working including graphics driver. but i keep getting random restarts that are sometimes random but more often when i use a gpu intensive program like Adobe premiere pro or another vieeo program called redcine x.

Going through your tutorial with a fine tooth comb and i saw this.
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.42.18 PM.png

the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. I was trying to find this and saw that there is one in the E/C/drivers64uefi/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Am i suppose to rename this to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I do the AGDPfix method but i havent been doing anything with the OsxAptiofix2drv64.efi

am i suppose to be doing something here? or just leave it as OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?

@kgp Im on my 10+ install and i got everything working including graphics driver. but i keep getting random restarts that are sometimes random but more often when i use a gpu intensive program like Adobe premiere pro or another vieeo program called redcine x.

Going through your tutorial with a fine tooth comb and i saw this. View attachment 289294

the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. I was trying to find this and saw that there is one in the E/C/drivers64uefi/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Am i suppose to rename this to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I do the AGDPfix method but i havent been doing anything with the OsxAptiofix2drv64.efi

am i suppose to be doing something here? or just leave it as OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?

Sorry, I use the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi only on my Skylake-X/X299 system. The OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi appears in that sentence due to a copy & paste error. I have to remove it! On X99, it is still recommend to exclusively use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi!

The source of your random reboots might be a different one. Is your RAM memory compatible with your mainboard?

Last edited:
Up and successfully running Broadwell-E/X99 with macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 !

Overview-X99-10.13.1.png

Important Notification for @ALL:

New EFI-Folder attached at the end of the originating post/guide and here below:

EFI-X99-10.13.1-Release-011117.zip

EFI-Folder related modifications:
  • New apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Guide related modifications:
  • Don't forget to uninstall the Web Driver before upgrading to 10.13.1!
  • Surprisingly, on my system (ASUS X99-AII, i7-6950X, Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Extreme Edition) neither Black Screen Prevention Method A nor B was required to successfully run the Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver. I solely installed the Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver with SIP enabled (CsrActiveConfig = 0x00). Moreover, when applying Method A.), the boot failed subsequently. Thus, if you really need a Black Screen Prevention, directly apply Method B.)
  • Minor revision of the entire Guide
Good luck and enjoy! :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.1-Release-011117.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Okay, worked out all the bugs on a fresh 10.13.1 install until it came to the graphics driver. Black screened after switching back to 0x67 even after applying black screen fix B. Last time I did a Hac was during the Mavericks days so the current run of Clover is a little new to me. Anybody have any thoughts?

Asus x99 Deluxe II
1070GTX FE
Broadwell-E 6850K
64GB DDR4 RAM Ballistix Sport
WD 500GB spinning disk boot drive
Asus Thunderbolt EX3

Okay, worked out all the bugs on a fresh 10.13.1 install until it came to the graphics driver. Black screened after switching back to 0x67 even after applying black screen fix B. Last time I did a Hac was during the Mavericks days so the current run of Clover is a little new to me. Anybody have any thoughts?

Asus x99 Deluxe II
1070GTX FE
Broadwell-E 6850K
64GB DDR4 RAM Ballistix Sport
WD 500GB spinning disk boot drive
Asus Thunderbolt EX3

Did you try it without any black screen fix?

Very much looking forward to your extension of the guide to implement full PCI controller.
Currently I do not understand how to tweak these .aml files to my rig. Mnamo's instructions were too generic for me to understand.
Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back