Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I'm having a really weird issue. I followed the guide letter for letter (outside of BIOS, where I only disabled what I could that were consistent across most guides), right down to the deviations for Haswell-E guys like me as well as bumping down the IOCPUNumber. My specs are:

MSI X99A SLI Plus
Intel i7-5820k
Haswell-E chipset
EVGA GTX 1070
32 GB DDR4-2133 RAM
275 GB Crucial MX300 2.5" SATA3 SSD

Anyways, when I try to boot up, this appears on the bottom right corner of the screen:

55Wiy3o.jpg

It stays stuck like this for about 10 seconds, then the cursor goes away, and then the computer restarts. I tried enabling kernelpm and that doesn't do anything either.

Apparently you did not follow the guide letter to letter... Please start from scratch and minimise deviations and errors..

Apparently you did not follow the guide letter to letter... Please start from scratch and minimise deviations and errors..
By deviations, I meant the specific instructions you provided for Haswell-E (and non-ASUS) users. Like the differing FakeCPUID for us. Not deviating as in going off on completely different guides.

That said, I pretty much have to start over since the place I'm at probably doesn't even give the slightest clue for where I'd legit be going wrong. Also, has there been anyone that's had successes with the MSI X99A SLI Plus following this guide? I've heard that's a pretty tough MoBo from what I've read due to the lack of options.

By deviations, I meant the specific instructions you provided for Haswell-E (and non-ASUS) users. Like the differing FakeCPUID for us. Not deviating as in going off on completely different guides.

That said, I pretty much have to start over since the place I'm at probably doesn't even give the slightest clue for where I'd legit be going wrong. Also, has there been anyone that's had successes with the MSI X99A SLI Plus following this guide? I've heard that's a pretty tough MoBo from what I've read due to the lack of options.

Well it is difficult to conclude anything from the tremendous picture with one single line you attached above...

Upload your EFI Folder and provide more details about what you did so far..

Otherwise nobody will be able to help you....

Well it is difficult to conclude anything from the tremendous picture with one single line you attached above...

Upload your EFI Folder and provide more details about what you did so far..

Otherwise nobody will be able to help you....
So I started all over from scratch, followed everything about as closely as possible... and still having the exact same issues. Anyways, here's my EFI folder. I'm still stuck on the steps after D6 (so the latest thing I did was install clover as specified and then boot into it). As before, both KernelPm checked and unchecked do not work, as outlined in section C. Also, when installing clover to my USB drive, Install clover pane (the last option) was greyed out, but I don't think that should really be significant.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 78
So I started all over from scratch, followed everything about as closely as possible... and still having the exact same issues. Anyways, here's my EFI folder. I'm still stuck on the steps after D6 (so the latest thing I did was install clover as specified and then boot into it). As before, both KernelPm checked and unchecked do not work, as outlined in section C. Also, when installing clover to my USB drive, Install clover pane (the last option) was greyed out, but I don't think that should really be significant.

a.) Disable all ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches during the installation and verify subsequently all replacements with IOREG after the installation!

b.) Update apfs.efi to 10.13.1, if necessary...

c.) Work further on your BIOS settings... this board is your choice...

Please, find enclosed my EFI it works to install 10.13.1 from an USB on an ASUS X99 deluxe with a 5960X.
last BIOS version 3802.
My graphic card is a ATI RX 460 2GB with 3 monitors connected.

Attachments

• EFI 10.13.1 ASUS X99 deluxe-5960X.zip
    18 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: kgp
Who can drop the EFI folder for asus x99 deluxe? or deluxe2 ???
Sorry for late replay, there you go!
This is my efi as is and as I am using for everyday, just without SN stuff! If you need to do installation you have to delate the emuvariable driver as always
ObecnyEfi09112017_DeluxeII.zip

Attachments

• ObecnyEfi09112017_DeluxeII.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 215
Reactions: kgp
Hello, I'm totally new to the hackingtosh thing and I'm really having a hard time to follow the guide, mostly because half of the time idk what are you guys talking about, but I sense that it would be much easier the next time I have to do this.

Anyways, I'm having trouble in the part of the installation of the Clover UEFI, not because I don't understand, rather, I cannot check the boxes in the following options needed because they're grayed-out, the "Install RC scripts on target volume", and the "Install Clover Preference Pane", I'm not able to do it neither in the USB stick, nor in the HDD where I'm going to install the OS, and I think I need to check these, or can I get way with it without doing it?

Thanks.

Hello, I'm totally new to the hackingtosh thing and I'm really having a hard time to follow the guide, mostly because half of the time idk what are you guys talking about, but I sense that it would be much easier the next time I have to do this.

Anyways, I'm having trouble in the part of the installation of the Clover UEFI, not because I don't understand, rather, I cannot check the boxes in the following options needed because they're grayed-out, the "Install RC scripts on target volume", and the "Install Clover Preference Pane", I'm not able to do it neither in the USB stick, nor in the HDD where I'm going to install the OS, and I think I need to check these, or can I get way with it without doing it?

Thanks.

You do not need these two features at all! They are just of cosmetic nature.

You do not need these two features at all! They are just of cosmetic nature.

I'm glad, Thank you very much!, I hope everything goes smooth with my installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back