Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!! Important Note !!!!

Apple just released a macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update!

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update.png

You can directly install the update via the Appstore!

For all users who installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in the EFI-Folder of their System Disk:

a.) On reboot, select in the BIOS boot menu to boot from your USB Flash Drive with the EFI Folder that does not contain the
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi!

b.) Subsequently select and boot from your macOS High Sierra Partition on your 10.13 System Disk in the Clover Boot Menu

c.) On second reboot, select in the BIOS boot menu to boot from your 10.13 System Disk with the EFI Folder that does contain
the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi!
d.) Subsequently select and boot from your macOS High Sierra Partition on your 10.13 System Disk in the Clover Boot Menu

You are done!

All users without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in the EFI-Folder of their System Disk (remember that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is not required when using SMBIOS macPro6,1) can perform both boot steps directly with the EFI-Folder on their 10.13 System Disk!

Note that after the update you have a new macOS High Sierra 10.13 build version which is 17A405!!!!!!!!

I guess there is no Nvidia Web Driver yet that works with the new macOS High Sierra 10.13 17A405 Build!!!

Thus, all Nvidia graphics card users are advised to wait with the update until a new compatible Web Driver has been released!!!!

The same states for all Nvidia Users, who did not install yet macOS High Sierra 10.13 on their system.

After a clean install of macOS High Sierra by means of the updated macOS 10.13 full package installer, the Nvidia Web Driver Installer will not work until a new compatible Nvidia Web Driver Package for macOS High Sierra 10.13 Build 17A405 has been released!!!!

Cheers,

kgp.png

Last edited:
I would like to thank you KGP.
My hack is perfectly working final High Sierra with your extensive, well written guide.
Here is my hack specs;

Asus X99-E WS
i7-5960X
64GB RAM
TITAN X (Maxwell)

Everything is working great so far!
Thanks again.

I would avoid switching the cards! If you have a Vega 64, use the latter for testing this guide. It is natively supported by OS X, although Apple's natively implemented driver is far working working flawless either...

If you start switching between the vega 64 and any Nvidia graphics card + related web driver, you might end up with a totally unbootable system, which you certainly want to avoid!

Please complete your profile concerning your hardware configuration! Thanks!

Hey KGP, I followed your advice on Vega 64 it worked out of the box. Everything seems to be working great. The only issue I have is all my RAM does not completely show up. I have 96 GBs, which shows up fine in 10.12.6, but on High Sierra it only lists 80 GBs. I've verified that all the Dimms work. Any suggestions?

Important Note - Supplementary Update

Within Apple's Supplementary Update, also the apsf.efi has been modified. The actual apsf.efi is attached below. Primarily to performing the Supplementary Update, copy the apsf.efi to the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ directories of your USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk

A modified EFI-Folder has also been attached at the end of the originating post/guide and is once more attached here below.

Only modification:
  • new apsf.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Cheers,

kgp.png

Attachments

• apfs.efi.zip
    258.8 KB · Views: 97
  • EFI-X99-10.13-SU-Release-061017.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 82
kgp.

You have HDMI connected

Thanks for the guide

Reactions: kgp
Success on a X99 Asus Sabertooth, i7 6800k, 16GB 3000MHz RAM, EVGA GTX 1050, High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update, Nvidia Web Drivers.
Great Guide!! Thx!
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.38.46 PM.png

Reactions: kgp
Success on a X99 Asus Sabertooth, i7 6800k, 16GB 3000MHz RAM, EVGA GTX 1050, High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update, Nvidia Web Drivers.
Great Guide!! Thx!View attachment 283797

Nice to hear that :thumbup:

So how did you solve the web driver and black screen issue? Which approach did work in your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back