Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promised ;) I will not shout :lol:;)

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.1.3 and Lilu.kext v1.1.7 confirmed! NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext has v1.0.0...

You should also update CsmVideoDxe-64.efi (you use an old version from 22 Sept. 2017).. All other efi-files are correctly taken from Clover_v2.4k_r4233 ;)

You should also remove the zip-files from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched ;)

And you should not use the xcpm performance fix(wrsmr fix to get CPU max) ⓒ okrasit !!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

Thanks man! :headbang:
All the zips there are my WIP or in case if something goes wrong but I don't think so it can do any harm to the system

thanks for the csmvideodxe will update it right on!

I am not using any more the okrasit patch there - it is disabled there (no sleep) !!! it is also leftovers after my fights
the one I am using now there and I was sure you will be shouting about is the
xcpm_assert_wrmsr © Sherlocks

its maxed up my performance and I can still have a perfect sleep (even auto sleep)
but as I said this is my experience

Thanks!

Can you please first update your profile or signature that I am able to see the main components of your build?

Then I can answer your post.

Happy that you succeeded in successfully running running your graphics!

Cheers,

KGP
Yes, updated. I basically have the same hardware as yours.

Thanks,

Running my hack for continuously for 3 days both on auto sleep and hard sleep . The system looks stable . Two issues I see

• My monitor speakers not working ( I guess I can make it work with voodoohda)
  • For some reason my Bluetooth connects only when I enable hotspot on my iPhone otherwise it connects and disconnects immediately

One question I have reading through your other x299 thread , how do you boot 10.12 and 10.13 together ? I thought if we do that the clover boot files from the system disk gets loaded instead of the actual os being booted . It will be awesome to boot both together, I always disconnect my 10.12 disk to work with 10.13 and keep it like that . :(

There is only two things I would love to fix in this machine are very minor

1 - power button fix as it doesn't do anything when the computer is on - I wish it could put computer to sleep. The famous _CID to _HID doesn't work for me in this case so maybe I am missing something elsie in dsdt, would be great if somebody can help me here.

2 - Native write to nvram like in most of gigabytes and older asus boards, unfortunately as far as I know all the Deluxe II bioses had locked write to nvram so there is no easy way to do a patch from the older bios to the current one as it was possible in other models earlier, would love to know if someone here is able to help me in this case as well or know if there is anyone involved in patching bioses.

other than that this hack is perfect, thanks to @kgp and all the community here!

Reactions: kgp
There is only two things I would love to fix in this machine are very minor

1 - power button fix as it doesn't do anything when the computer is on - I wish it could put computer to sleep. The famous _CID to _HID doesn't work for me in this case so maybe I am missing something elsie in dsdt, would be great if somebody can help me here.

2 - Native write to nvram like in most of gigabytes and older asus boards, unfortunately as far as I know all the Deluxe II bioses had locked write to nvram so there is no easy way to do a patch from the older bios to the current one as it was possible in other models earlier, would love to know if someone here is able to help me in this case as well or know if there is anyone involved in patching bioses.

other than that this hack is perfect, thanks to @kgp and all the community here!

Why one should not be able to patch the Deluxe II?

Running my hack for continuously for 3 days both on auto sleep and hard sleep . The system looks stable . Two issues I see

• My monitor speakers not working ( I guess I can make it work with voodoohda)
  • For some reason my Bluetooth connects only when I enable hotspot on my iPhone otherwise it connects and disconnects immediately

One question I have reading through your other x299 thread , how do you boot 10.12 and 10.13 together ? I thought if we do that the clover boot files from the system disk gets loaded instead of the actual os being booted . It will be awesome to boot both together, I always disconnect my 10.12 disk to work with 10.13 and keep it like that . :(

a.) Yes you should be able to make your monitor speakers work with voodooHDA!

b.) I also face bluetooth problems now with Lilu.kext v.1.1.7 ... You can try to go back to 1.1.6 if you don't need 1.1.7 for
graphics.​

c.) I have one disk with a macOS 10.12 installation and one disk with a macOS 10.13 installation. Each disk has it's EFI partition
and EFI-bootloader implementation. In the Clover Boot Menu I select on boot, wether I want to boot with 10.12 or 10.13. That's all.. Very straight and easy..​

Graphics Section of my Broadwell-E/EP(Haswell-E/EP)/X99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide totally revised!

kgp.png

Hey, this isn't my first hackintosh but im certainly not a pro. Your guide is flawless btw thank you. One thing though, when installing nvidia drivers for my gtx 970 i accidentally restarted. And as i dont want to start the whole process again is there a way i could use a gt 710 that i use for testing and fixing motherboards to help. I have already got a successful boot with the gt 710 on its own, i can't get it to boot with both the gt710 and the gtx 970. I am trying to dual boot win and mac so i deleted the win graphics drivers to see if that would help. I tried nv_disable=1 and that hasn't worked so im a bit stuck at the moment.

Hey, this isn't my first hackintosh but im certainly not a pro. Your guide is flawless btw thank you. One thing though, when installing nvidia drivers for my gtx 970 i accidentally restarted. And as i dont want to start the whole process again is there a way i could use a gt 710 that i use for testing and fixing motherboards to help. I have already got a successful boot with the gt 710 on its own, i can't get it to boot with both the gt710 and the gtx 970. I am trying to dual boot win and mac so i deleted the win graphics drivers to see if that would help. I tried nv_disable=1 and that hasn't worked so im a bit stuck at the moment.

What you mean you accidentally restarted? restarted with what? ahhh you mean you rebooted without applying AGDPfix or something else?

Well I recently added to my guide how to remove the web driver. Please see the details.

Your GT 710 is a Kepler graphics card, which is natively supported by macOS High Sierra. Thus, no big surprise that this card works OoB without any web driver!

Cheers,

KGP

What you mean you accidentally restarted? restarted with what? ahhh you mean you rebooted without applying AGDPfix or something else?

Well I recently added to my guide how to remove the web driver. Please see the details.

Your GT 710 is a Kepler graphics card, which is natively supported by macOS High Sierra. Thus, no big surprise that this card works OoB without any web driver!

Cheers,

KGP

Hey, I had one question about graphics card switching. I was planning to try this guide out this weekend. My question is related to alternating between NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. I read by one of the posters in this thread that Vega 64 worked out of the box. If I were to install NVIDIA web driver would disabling it in the settings menu then swapping out graphics cards do the trick? Or would I have to remove other kexts or modify config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back