ASUS X99-A-II
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac, Classic, Color Classic, eMac, iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE, Xserve, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
This needs to be done within a OSX terminal and btw.. the commands are totally wrong and not implemented as outlined in my guide.

First at all @Scopia should implement the correct command and revise his post for being readable at all.

Seems here somebody simply lacks some unix basics.. ;)

With the UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx folder on his Desktop and X99A2.CAP to be patched (btw the BIOS firmware file must be in the same directory), the terminal commands under OSX look the following:

Code:
cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/

./UEFIPatch X99A2.CAP
Thank you, i was stupid as hell trying that on windows ... if windows were unix i probably running windows :p
Btw do you know anyone that have ThunderboltEX 3 running on X99-A II?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you, i was stupid as hell trying that on windows ... if windows were unix i probably running windows :p
Btw do you know anyone that have ThunderboltEX 3 running on X99-A II?
Me myself.. I am not using the TBEX 3 currently with my X99-A II but I used it before. I expect everything to be working as described in my guide.

Motherboard
Asus X99-E WS
CPU
I7-5960X
Graphics
2 x MSI 1080 Gaming X+
Thank you for this great guide! I have a question.

I have Maxwell and Pascal cards working together. Maxwell TitanX is my main gpu. But i am loosing my OpenGL support after nvidia version 378.10.10.10.25.106. I have just updated my MacPro6,1 to iMacPro with the help of your guide. But problem still exists.

Do you have any advice to fix this issue

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for this great guide! I have a question.

I have Maxwell and Pascal cards working together. Maxwell TitanX is my main gpu. But i am loosing my OpenGL support after nvidia version 378.10.10.10.25.106. I have just updated my MacPro6,1 to iMacPro with the help of your guide. But problem still exists.

Do you have any advice to fix this issue
Sure.. change to Vega ;)

Motherboard
Asus X99-E WS
CPU
I7-5960X
Graphics
2 x MSI 1080 Gaming X+
Sure.. change to Vega ;)
I have to keep a few nvidia card in my rig because of Redshift Rendering. They use cuda only. What about if i change my primary card to vega and keep my 2 x Gtx 1080 for only cuda rendering?

Does it work?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have to keep a few nvidia card in my rig because of Redshift Rendering. They use cuda only. What about if i change my primary card to vega and keep my 2 x Gtx 1080 for only cuda rendering?

Does it work?
Ask @flymovies ;)... I would forget about cuda.. too buggy drivers anyway... and Vegas with Metal 2 might be even faster..

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X99
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
This guide is AMAZING! Thank you SOOO much. Fixed power management for cpu and graphics, was able to get lilu+applealc working.

Sleep/wake is still a little buggy. It doesn't always wake from sleep, and when it does, it has this quick power cycle before it comes backup and just seems to take a long time to wake. Any suggestions?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980 TI
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @dMatik How is everything working for you on 10.13.6?
Working flawlesly, for full xcpm performance on SU2 I need beside performance patch to use SMT 1 and 2 patches.

GDS

Motherboard
X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Xeon 2696 v4
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
About CPU Microcode Update (B.1.1):
i understood that it is for solving OC problems,
but as having a Xeon (2696v4), I asked myself if the microcodes missing are exclusively linked to OC? (so nothing else)
I didnt find any informations about that sorry

or at the opposite a tiny difference can be found before and after applying the method explained?
>>>> to resume: if the microcodes missing on a X99 DLXII are not enough to be vital & mandatory (because NOT overclocking applied) but a tiny difference could be found on a Geekbench tests: kind of optimization

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.