Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they could, but it's fixed.....see the post above (1824). I just don't know how it got fixed.....because on the last reboot, I did nothing, no changes anywhere, and yet, there it was.....and HDMI audio is now working.

Good that it got fixed by itself :)... Never heard about a VEGA HDAU problem anyway..

@kgp

I downloaded the new EFI folder from post #1700 and my benchmark results changed dramatically, not just in overall score but also in consistency when repeating the tests:

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 19.45.46.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 19.49.23.png

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Reactions: kgp
My friends, if you have problems in downloading 10.13.5 (17F77), please see post #8174.

kgp.png

There is still something wrong with your CPU power consumption values... Did you enable SVID?

Yeah, I know. It's not at its peak yet. It should be at around 25500 or so on Geekbench.

I think SVID is not enabled. Is it a BIOS setting? I'm on Gigabyte X99-Ultragaming.

I also wanted to ask you if its also necessary to follow the steps described in E.6 (XCPM) and E.7 (EIST) of your original guide for better performance or if the patches contained in your new EFI folder (iMacPro1,1) overrides those steps.

Since you said in post #1700 that no PMDrvr.kext was needed, I though that perhaps the patches in the new info.plist were taking care of the CPU Power Management, meaning those steps should be avoided. Is that so?

Yeah, I know. It's not at its peak yet. It should be at around 25500 or so on Geekbench.

I think SVID is not enabled. Is it a BIOS setting? I'm on Gigabyte X99-Ultragaming.

I also wanted to ask you if its also necessary to follow the steps described in E.6 (XCPM) and E.7 (EIST) of your original guide for better performance or if the patches contained in your new EFI folder (iMacPro1,1) overrides those steps.

Since you said in post #1700 that no PMDrvr.kext was needed, I though that perhaps the patches in the new info.plist were taking care of the CPU Power Management, meaning those steps should be avoided. Is that so?

Yes.. SVID at least is an ASUS Bios setting.

Mostly forget about the guide in the originating post of this thread for now. All set in post 1700.

The description for the iMac Pro setup can be rather taken from

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

Yes.. SVID at least is an ASUS Bios setting.

Mostly forget about the guide in the originating post of this thread for now. All set in post 1700.

The description for the iMac Pro setup can be rather taken from

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

OK.. I ran through all the X99-Ultra-Gaming BIOS. SVID does not exist (at least not under that name) in this MOBO. I matched my settings with the ones listed in your X299 guide, and the results are pretty much the same.

I've been looking at your X299 iMacPro guide for a while now, what a great system!! I tried to implement a quick improvement on my build: E.12) Native Display Brightness Control / Native NightShift Functionality for Monitors with DCC/IC Support and it works great! So I guess it's an option for others X99 users too.. :)

The monitor I'm using is DELL S2240L connected via HDMI to a EVGA 1060 3 GB. NightShift also works flawlessly.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 05.23.42.png

Thanks a lot kgp!

Reactions: kgp
@kgp When do you plan to update the guide for 10.13.5 ? :)

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back