Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not doubt in your computer knowledge and qualifications, but can you please explain me why with a now identical setup and configuration, the PB3/DP4 installer only boots on my rig??

Can you once more summarize your actual hardware configuration to see if there are other important deviations from my actual build?

I7 6950X 10 CORE
ASUS x99 AII
Nvdia GTX 1080
Gskill 32 Gb - DDR4 3000Mhz
Nvme 950 Pro

I7 6950X 10 CORE
ASUS x99 AII
Nvdia GTX 1080
Gskill 32 Gb - DDR4 3000Mhz
Nvme 950 Pro

No additional PCIe cards or anything similar?

I proposed in post #132 and post post #142 the most promising and simple approach, not because I don't trust in your skills but because it is really an idiot-proved approach that in fact must work...

If you already tried to follow exactly this very basic and straight forward approach, I am at the end with my wisdom and have no explanation why the PB3/DP4 installer boots on my system but does not boot on your system which is identical!

I once more attach the EFI folder on my USB 2.0 Flash Drive Installer, which I once more verified two days ago, by successfully booting the PB3/DP4 installer with the BIOS settings you have already at your disposal. This just in case, that there is some error in the uploaded EFI-10.13-TM folder.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
No additional PCIe cards or anything similar?

I proposed in post #132 and post post #142 the most promising and simple approach, not because I don't trust in your skill but because it is really an idiot proved approach that in fact must work...

If you also tried to follow exactly this approach, I am at the end with my wisdom and have no explanation why the PB3/DP4 installer boots on my system but does not boot on your system which is identical!

I once more attach the EFI folder on my USB 2.0 Flash Drive Installer, which I once more verified two days ago, by successfully booting the PB3/DP4 installer with the BIOS settings you have already at your disposal. This just in case, that there is some error in the uploaded EFI-10.13-TM folder.

All right you're right ... setup should be simple
Just like the installation of the 10.12

The computer connected to 5 HHD
2 SSD
1 NVME

TOTAL 32 TB

Disassemble all Hard Drive?

Well my friend, I am not surprised that you had some problems with my EFI-Folder :lol:

You are using a Kaby-Lake processor and a Z170 with LGA1151 socket! :lol:

This guide is for Broadwell-E/Haswell-E and X99 with LGA 2011-3 Socket! ;)

Despite the external icons patch entry, there are no further KextToPatch or KernelToPatch entries in the config.plist. Which kind of power management are you using? Is XCPM natively supported?

Despite a of course different "FakeCPUID" and checked "Kernel CPU", "Kernel LAPIC", "Kernel PM" entries under "Kext and Kernel Patches" , the only other differences in your config.plist are a checked "FixShutdown_0004" entry under "ACPI" and the "rootless=0" and "dart=0" boot flags under "BOOT". Note that the "kext-dev-mode=1" boot flag is obsolete with the actual clover version.
Hey! :)
Can you do me a favor and update my config.plist with proper settings if it doesn't give much trouble?! I'm removing "kext-dev-mode=1" from boot flags, that's all I know so far... :rolleyes:

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for power management (I guess) :lol:

Last edited:

2 SSD
1 NVME

TOTAL 32 TB

I mean you could just leave the test installation drive connected. But I also have connected the 18 TB RAID (3HDDs), the EVO 960 NVMe 10.12 System Disk, The 10.13 Test SSD + one Windows SSD and its Backup SSD... and the PB3/DP4 USB 2.0 Flash Drive Installer boots without problems.

However, I suppose more important for test is that you exactly follow the proposal in post #132 and post post #142 and you give it also a try with the EFI folder of my USB 2.0 flash drive attached above.

I know it is a painful, stupid and annoying work, but we have to loose the knot!

I mean you could just leave the test installation drive connected. But I also have connected the 18 TB RAID (3HDDs), the EVO 960 NVMe 10.12 System Disk, The 10.13 Test SSD + one Windows SSD and its Backup SSD... and the PB3/DP4 USB 2.0 Flash Drive Installer boots without problems.

However, I suppose more important for test is that you exactly follow the proposal in post #132 and post post #142 and you give it also a try with the EFI folder of my USB 2.0 flash drive attached above.

I know it is a painful, stupid and annoying work, but we have to loose the knot!

Just wondering if You kgp and ICEVISION both using exactly same version of bios and if bios is patched or not ?
I know I have deluxe II with patched bios but don't really want to play with unnecessary bios flashing and patching if you both using exactly same version and both patched or not, thanks

Just wondering if You kgp and ICEVISION both using exactly same version of bios and if bios is patched or not ?
I know I have deluxe II with patched bios but don't really want to play with unnecessary bios flashing and patching if you both using exactly same version and both patched or not, thanks

I use patched BIOS 1701

2 SSD
1 NVME

TOTAL 32 TB

I recently found that "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" can result in the following problem with the PB3/DP4 Updater:

IMG_0683.JPG

Maybe it could also cause the +++++++ problem? Did you try to remove it from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ?

Untitled 2.png
@kgp Success following your Tutorial !
with a little glitch-
MotherBoard-Asus X99 Pro
Cpu-Intel Core i7-5820K
RAM-16 GB
Graphics-GTX 970
Cooling-Corsair H110
SSD-Samsung 850 Pro
All USB are working like stock.
No Sleep Function
Untitled 23.png

Despite supported Wifi-card, I can't get wi-fi to ıwork- Broadcom BCM4352

Reactions: kgp
View attachment 270109 @kgp Success following your Tutorial !
with a little glitch-
MotherBoard-Asus X99 Pro
Cpu-Intel Core i7-5820K
RAM-16 GB
Graphics-GTX 970
Cooling-Corsair H110
SSD-Samsung 850 Pro
All USB are working like stock.
No Sleep Function
View attachment 270110
Despite supported Wifi-card, I can't get wi-fi to ıwork- Broadcom BCM4352

Can I kiss you? :lol::lol::lol: First positive reply since days :headbang:

No ++++ problem with my EFI-folder and BIOS settings :?:

The ++++ problem guys are driving me crazy :lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHAHA...

But wait... in the image you post above it says 10.12.6! Are you sure that you are in the correct thread? This is my 10.13 High Sierra desktop guide thread, not the 10.12 Sierra desktop guide thread.

I hope you did not confuse!

Cheers, man!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back