Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

first of all: thank you for your time and hard work to post such great Guides.
I'm unfortunately a complete noob to hackintosh and wanted to run high sierra on my pc. I've tried to follow your guide as exactly as I could.
Unfortunately it always stops at the beginning of the installation (Screenshot1). I've also encluded my EFI-Folder and a screenshot of my hardware.

Please let me know, what else I can do to get past this stage...

Thanks a lot
Hi you made some mistakes in your config.plist
before you can install osx you need to boot with nv_disable=1 (even with a nvidia card!) also did you use UEFIPatch to modify your bios? If not your MSR 0x2E is locked and you need KernelPM.

I changed your config.plist. try to boot.
If it works then you can install osx and do all other stuff after installing nvidia webdriver you can boot with nvda_drv=1 and check the webdriverbox. Also i changed your darkware=1 into darkware, change back when OSX is installed.
Keep in mind, for installing osx it is always smart to leave your efi clean an modify afterwards. You have already applied a lot of tweaks that are not needed to install osx on your system. Remember: Sometimes less is more...

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Hi there,

first of all: thank you for your time and hard work to post such great Guides.
I'm unfortunately a complete noob to hackintosh and wanted to run high sierra on my pc. I've tried to follow your guide as exactly as I could.
Unfortunately it always stops at the beginning of the installation (Screenshot1). I've also encluded my EFI-Folder and a screenshot of my hardware.

Please let me know, what else I can do to get past this stage...

Thanks a lot
I also have the same problem, at the beginnig of the installation.
Mobo Asus x99 A II, i7 6800K, Gtx 1070

Last edited:
Major Guide Update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 SA (17C205) completed

EFI-Folder related modifications:
  • Implementation of clover boot loader Clover_v2.4k_r4369
  • Implementation of new patched apsf.efi with verbose boot.
  • Implementation of a novel AptioMemoryFix.efi approach
  • Removal of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
A new EFI-Folder distribution has been attached at the bottom of the originating post/guide and is once more attached here blow.

Guide related modifications:
  • Section C.) - Error Prevention totally revised. Carefully study all new implementations!
  • Section D.) - MacOS High Sierra Clean Install and Update procedures fundamentally renewed and simplified! Carefully study new Sections D.1), D2.), D.3, D.4) and D.5)!
  • Section E.) - Graphics Configuration updated and revised
Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Edit: EFI-folder with wrong filename convention replaced by correct EFI-Folder. No other EFI-Folder related changes.

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.2-SA-Release-160118.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hi @kgp With the help of your guide, I am successfully running MacOS HIgh Sierra in Asus X99-Pro but I am facing a couple of issue such as No SLEEP and HWMonitor app can't show all sensors data. I already have sensor kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.

Can you help me with that ? Will you look over my EFI folder ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41 MB · Views: 164
Hi @kgp With the help of your guide, I am successfully running MacOS HIgh Sierra in Asus X99-Pro but I am facing a couple of issue such as No SLEEP and HWMonitor app can't show all sensors data. I already have sensor kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.

Can you help me with that ? Will you look over my EFI folder ?

1.) Try to bring your EFI-Folder in line with my recent guide update.
2.) Which HWMonitor.app you are using. Sensor-kexts look fine.. What do you mean by "HWMonitor app can't show all sensors data"? Please specify in more detail..
3.) You do not use any SSDT.aml.. Thus please, how Sleep/Wake should work?
Further more you use TWO DSDT.amls! What for? This is at odd with all principles.. Remove both!
4.) Bring your ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches in line with those implemented in my distributed EFI-Folder! Apply adaptations if necessary. Don't add additional replacements not implemented in my EFI-Folder...
5.) Remove USB-Inject-All.kext

With this EFI-folder configuration you will not receive my further support.

Good luck :thumbup:

KGP

1.) Try to bring your EFI-Folder in line with my recent guide update.

Here is in line with recent update-

2.) Which HWMonitor.app you are using. Sensor-kexts look fine.. What do you mean by "HWMonitor app can't show all sensors data"? Please specify in more detail..

I downloaded from this link- https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

This is what I am referring to when I say HWMonitor can't show all sensors data https://imgur.com/a/9drwo

3.) You do not use any SSDT.aml.. Thus please, how Sleep/Wake should work?
Further more you use TWO DSDT.amls! What for? This is at odd with all principles.. Remove both!

The two DSDT.amls are patched for my PCI devices to show up.

4.) Bring your ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches in line with those implemented in my distributed EFI-Folder! Apply adaptations if necessary. Don't add additional replacements not implemented in my EFI-Folder...

This is what I have trouble following. The patched DSDT.amls above was done by my friend. And how can I use ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches from your distributed EFI folder as I have an Asus X99-Pro board different from you.

5.) Remove USB-Inject-All.kext

It has been removed with the latest EFI uploads

UPDATE
With the updated EFI, I have all the sensors showing the data, so herby HWMonitor issue is resolved.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.3 MB · Views: 134
Here is in line with recent update-

I downloaded from this link- https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

This is what I am referring to when I say HWMonitor can't show all sensors data https://imgur.com/a/9drwo

The two DSDT.amls are patched for my PCI devices to show up.

This is what I have trouble following. The patched DSDT.amls above was done by my friend. And how can I use ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches from your distributed EFI folder as I have an Asus X99-Pro board different from you.

It has been removed with the latest EFI uploads

UPDATE
With the updated EFI, I have all the sensors showing the data, so herby HWMonitor issue is resolved.

Sure, the sensor kexts always have been part of my EFI-folder!

Please strictly follow and stay with my guide... Otherwise I cannot provide support.

Remove your DSDT.amls and create SSDT.aml and ACPI DSDT Replacement patches as implemented in my guide.

Cheers,

KGP

Please strictly follow and stay with my guide... Otherwise I cannot provide support.

Remove your DSDT.amls and create SSDT.aml and ACPI DSDT Replacement patches as implemented in my guide.
KGP

I have trouble following ACPI DSDT Replacement patches. Is there any previous knowledge needed to implement it ? And how do I use your ACPI DSDT to modify for myself if I have different Board than you ?

I have trouble following ACPI DSDT Replacement patches. Is there any previous knowledge needed to implement it ? And how do I use your ACPI DSDT to modify for myself if I have different Board than you ?

By means of IORegExplorer..

By means of IORegExplorer..
This is the part I don't understand, how do I use IORegistry Explorer ? I am totally lost here. A little guide on step by step would be really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back