Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @kgp ,
First of all thank you for your guides. I was able to success a Sierra installation on my hardware last year.
Now i'm trying to install High Sierra (formatted ssd and fresh install), with the newest EFI folder you updated yesterday, but I'm blocked on this screen and I cant' boot from usb installer. Before i had the same problem with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
Any solution?
Thank you for your work!
Did you patch your bios?
Maybe some strange efi drivers installed? CSM disabled?

Installed ok but two serious showstoppers:
No hot swap.
No multi display

Installed ok but two serious showstoppers:
No hot swap.
No multi display

For hot swap of HDDs and SSDs properly configure your BIOS.

Why no multi-display?

Hi @kgp I have been trying to patch my SSDT in order to have Sleep functionality. I have patched HDEF and IMEI device in my SSDt but for some reason, it's not reflecting in my System Report. Can you please look what am I doing wrong ? I am attaching IOreg files and SSDT

Thank You !

Attachments

• Arif’s Mac Pro.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • SSDT-0-SataTabl.dsl.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 62
For hot swap of HDDs and SSDs properly configure your BIOS.

Why no multi-display?
On BIOS Hot Plug is enabled. Same settings worked fine with 10.12.6
I have 4 displays all 1080 HD resolution, if any combo more than 1 is connected, boot fails and display goes to sleep.

Hi @kgp I have been trying to patch my SSDT in order to have Sleep functionality. I have patched HDEF and IMEI device in my SSDt but for some reason, it's not reflecting in my System Report. Can you please look what am I doing wrong ? I am attaching IOreg files and SSDT

Thank You !

Sorry, but I really do not have the time now to do that work for you.. Forgive me..

On BIOS Hot Plug is enabled. Same settings worked fine with 10.12.6
I have 4 displays all 1080 HD resolution, if any combo more than 1 is connected, boot fails and display goes to sleep.

The show stopper might be your 980 Ti or your system configuration...

The show stopper might be your 980 Ti or your system configuration...
Might be... If booted only with one display connected and plug others in later all works fine. Little bit lost here. I followed instructions from opening post and everything working great except these two things. What I need to post here if somebody have time to help? Thanks btw great instructions!

Might be... If booted only with one display connected and plug others in later all works fine. Little bit lost here. I followed instructions from opening post and everything working great except these two things. What I need to post here if somebody have time to help? Thanks btw great instructions!

Same here, I can't connect to 2 4K monitors when boot, I need to unplug anyone before enter GUI, my GPU is 970.

Same here, I can't connect to 2 4K monitors when boot, I need to unplug anyone before enter GUI, my GPU is 970.

@dragoonchang , @takkyishimano ,

I guess that's a problem of Maxwell GPU firmware which seems not fully compatible with UEFI. Either try to patch the GPU firmware or do something I do not like or recommend at all: enable CSM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back