Motherboard
Laptop
CPU
core i5 4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been messing with my Asus Q501LA for about a week to get it to work with Sierra (had it running Yosemite following RanbirAulakh guide). Now I do have a different Wi-fi card (Bcm94352HMB) and 12gb of ram (instead of the stock 8gb that came with mine), but Yosemite worked fine with that guide.

Upgrading to Sierra is proving to be quite the challenge.

With Yosemite, I just used the DSDT, SSDT, Kext and EFI files linked in the guide. I now know that it is not a good idea to do so lol. I extracted and decompiled my DSDT and SSDT files (tried with clover f4 and linux) and I seem to always get errors that I would patch, compile again and get more errors...it doesn't seem to end. I know that it is part of the process, I'm fine with it, but it feels like I might be heading in the wrong direction.

The two main issues I'm having right now is that
  1. HD4400 iGPU is running sluggish and showing 7mb in 'about this Mac'
  2. Battery patching, I have read the guide a few times now and maybe I'm over thinking it, but I'm not getting it to work lol ( currently using the Asus N55SL patch, I know its not ideal but I need a battery from time to time)

Any help would be appreciated, just point me in the right direction (have read the DSDT patching guide by RehabMan, pretty much every guide posted commonly in related thread replies, and the few dsdt youtube videos out there)

I know this is a long post, than you for reading.

All files needed are in the Asus_Q501.zip.

Attachments

• Asus_Q501.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 133
I have been messing with my Asus Q501LA for about a week to get it to work with Sierra (had it running Yosemite following RanbirAulakh guide). Now I do have a different Wi-fi card (Bcm94352HMB) and 12gb of ram (instead of the stock 8gb that came with mine), but Yosemite worked fine with that guide.

Upgrading to Sierra is proving to be quite the challenge.

With Yosemite, I just used the DSDT, SSDT, Kext and EFI files linked in the guide. I now know that it is not a good idea to do so lol. I extracted and decompiled my DSDT and SSDT files (tried with clover f4 and linux) and I seem to always get errors that I would patch, compile again and get more errors...it doesn't seem to end. I know that it is part of the process, I'm fine with it, but it feels like I might be heading in the wrong direction.

The two main issues I'm having right now is that
  1. HD4400 iGPU is running sluggish and showing 7mb in 'about this Mac'
  2. Battery patching, I have read the guide a few times now and maybe I'm over thinking it, but I'm not getting it to work lol ( currently using the Asus N55SL patch, I know its not ideal but I need a battery from time to time)

Any help would be appreciated, just point me in the right direction (have read the DSDT patching guide by RehabMan, pretty much every guide posted commonly in related thread replies, and the few dsdt youtube videos out there)

I know this is a long post, than you for reading.

All files needed are in the Asus_Q501.zip.

HD4400 requires correct config.plist and FakePCIID kexts. It is covered in the main laptop guide.
Battery patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
The Asus N55SL patch is probably the correct patch (not sure why you say "not ideal").

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

With that battery patch it's "fully charged" at 99% and drains fast.

I will take a look at the guide again, thank you for the reply.

I gotcha, I'm also trying that old "trick" of recalibrating the battery by letting it get to 0% and then charge it to 100%.

Got graphics working correctly, thank you :)

Now I just need to tweak a few things, like keyboard shortcuts (Fn keys) and volume.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back